News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Id love to see Caps extending ”the window” and going truly all in for the next few years.

Kuzy (still figuring how to waive NTC)
Schultz or Kempny (cap reasons)
Lapierre (1st rounder)
Another prospect
1st ’22
2nd ’22
2nd ’21

does this get it started? Willing to keep adding picks :)

Eichel (with Mantha) in Caps would allow to keep retooling around him through cheap UFA and TDL (retained) trades to group up for another few serious runs while having aging Ovie, Backs etc as the secondary scoring force. I wouldnt mind having zero picks for the next couple years to do so.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Nothing like playing a guy that wants out cause you're not getting a Gretzky like return...

Sabres won't get that, ans Eichel NMC starts on 2022-2023, either they trase him now, or his value drops even more as he'll chose where he's heading.
I don't really know what a "Gretzky like return" is, but I think the price should stay very high. If teams aren't willing to budge then you go into next year with Jack and let him demonstrate he's healthy again and slow play it like Sakic did with Duchene. Jack may very well want out, but after years and years of watching him and listening to him speak I don't think it's in his nature to "lay down" to force the Sabres hand.
Worked just fine for PLD...
Dubois isn't Jack Eichel like not even in the same ballpark as a player. Not to mention I think that whole "Dubois is giving up on his team" narrative got overplayed when people watched a few minutes of lazy, disinterested, isolated shifts and out came the pitchforks, but sure professional athletes quit on their teams all the time I would definitely expect that. :help: Not to mention value wise Columbus did alright in that deal. Laine was a terrible target for that team, but is an elite player in his own right and Roslovic has been quite good for them.

Ledge And Dairy

Any deal between Calgary and Buffalo including Jack Eichel will include Tkachuk or Buffalo simply goes to the next bidder
I doubt that, Buffalo is rebuilding if they trade Eichel, and Tkachuk will just force his way out over the next few years.
If Buffalo can flip Monahan to like Boston or someone the abobe offer is more along the lines of what they should look for. Kylington will likely have to be upgraded to one of Mangiapane/Valimaki/Dube though at least. Zary may be of more interest than Pelletier too.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Buffalo, if all 3 of Eichel, Reinhart, Risto want out then the Sabres will be left with:
Dahlin, Cozens, Quinn, Mittlestadt, Joker as their young group.

Sabres are likely looking at ELC contracts in return, or at most someone who just finished their ELC. Main reason is that with a rebuild on the horizon, these players are likely taking a bridge contract to see where the Sabres are in 3 years, rather than commit term and end up like Risto and put in 8 years in the NHL without playoffs.

They can take back non ELC players, but I think Buffalo should look at just flipping them for younger assets.

Like if Detroit offered Larkin, Raymond, 2021 1st as the return for Eichel, then Buffalo should turn around and move Larkin for a package similar to what Detroit got for Mantha. Larkin is 2 years from UFA and unlikely to stick around for the Sabres rebuild.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I doubt that, Buffalo is rebuilding if they trade Eichel, and Tkachuk will just force his way out over the next few years.
If Buffalo can flip Monahan to like Boston or someone the abobe offer is more along the lines of what they should look for. Kylington will likely have to be upgraded to one of Mangiapane/Valimaki/Dube though at least. Zary may be of more interest than Pelletier too.
How about instead of trading a franchise player for assets that you need to try and flip to another team you just get players/picks/prospects that are meaningful to the Sabres? Without Tkachuk in a deal I don't see the necessary components for an Eichel deal to Calgary. Your picks and prospects aren't any more enticing than anything nearly any other team in the league could offer.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I don't really know what a "Gretzky like return" is, but I think the price should stay very high. If teams aren't willing to budge then you go into next year with Jack and let him demonstrate he's healthy again and slow play it like Sakic did with Duchene. Jack may very well want out, but after years and years of watching him and listening to him speak I don't think it's in his nature to "lay down" to force the Sabres hand.

Dubois isn't Jack Eichel like not even in the same ballpark as a player. Not to mention I think that whole "Dubois is giving up on his team" narrative got overplayed when people watched a few minutes of lazy, disinterested, isolated shifts and out came the pitchforks, but sure professional athletes quit on their teams all the time I would definitely expect that. :help: Not to mention value wise Columbus did alright in that deal. Laine was a terrible target for that team, but is an elite player in his own right and Roslovic has been quite good for them.
Literally everyone even Columbus fans could see him give up. Hes not the first player.

Literally the worst thing Buffalo can do is keep him on their roster and let him plummet his value and be toxic on tje dressing room by not trading him if he makes it very well known he wants out.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen and Skinner (50% retained) for Horvat, Miller, Schmidt and Virtanen.

BTW: Eichel>Horvat=Miller=Schmidt>Reinhart>Virtanen>Skinner (50% retained)

That's it, that's the post.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Good god, if Eichel, Reinhart and Risto all force their way off the team this offseason ... yikes.

I guess if there's any bright side for Sabres fans, the 2022 and 2023 drafts both look strong at the top. Wright/Lambert/Savoie/etc. in 2022, Bedard/Michkov/etc. in 2023. If they get strong returns for Eichel/Reinhart/Risto, and very high 2022/2023 picks, the rebuild may not be that long/painful. But considering this is already their 10th straight season without playoffs (absolute bottom feeders most of those years too), and 15 seasons since winning a playoff round, that's pretty brutal to have to start from scratch yet again :/

Ledge And Dairy

How about instead of trading a franchise player for assets that you need to try and flip to another team you just get players/picks/prospects that are meaningful to the Sabres? Without Tkachuk in a deal I don't see the necessary components for an Eichel deal to Calgary. Your picks and prospects aren't any more enticing than anything nearly any other team in the league could offer.
Scroll up 2 comments and read what @StreetHawk wrote. You can say all you want that you without Tkachuk, Laine, Fox, DeBrincat, McAvoy, etc there is no deal. But thats not the case, you arent going to be getting core prime players from the other team because its not going to be a "hockey trade" when it comes to Eichel. If Buffalo is moving him it is to completely scorch earth amd remove the image that surrounds the organization. If you are looking to acquire one of the players I mentioned above all that does is push the ball down the road to when that player wants out. You want to bring in a brand new crop of futures that want to win, not get out.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Literally everyone even Columbus fans could see him give up. Hes not the first player.

Literally the worst thing Buffalo can do is keep him on their roster and let him plummet his value and be toxic on tje dressing room by not trading him if he makes it very well known he wants out.
And again even assuming Dubois gave up on his team, why are we to assume Eichel does the same thing? Because you say so? I'm not saying you 100% keep Eichel going into next year, but if the offers skew towards the trash people offer in these threads, I'd 100% take my chances on keeping Eichel next season. I've seen the dominant force he is on the ice, I have very little concern about his neck being a long-term problem and I'll take my chances that he won't quit on his team like a 10 year old playing pickup hockey. A pile of trash for a franchise player isn't going to help Buffalo moving forward. There needs to be high picks, high end prospects, and good young players with term coming back. Now obviously some Sabres fans get carried away with their asks, just as other teams fans are ridiculous when they start pulling multiple assets off the table in any potential Eichel deal.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
And again even assuming Dubois gave up on his team, why are we to assume Eichel does the same thing? Because you say so? I'm not saying you 100% keep Eichel going into next year, but if the offers skew towards the trash people offer in these threads, I'd 100% take my chances on keeping Eichel next season. I've seen the dominant force he is on the ice, I have very little concern about his neck being a long-term problem and I'll take my chances that he won't quit on his team like a 10 year old playing pickup hockey. A pile of trash for a franchise player isn't going to help Buffalo moving forward. There needs to be high picks, high end prospects, and good young players with term coming back. Now obviously some Sabres fans get carried away with their asks, just as other teams fans are ridiculous when they start pulling multiple assets off the table in any potential Eichel deal.
So you keep him until next off-season Where his NTC kicks in, limiting your options even more?

I cant think of a player who openly admits hes not happy with management, asks for a trade, and then plays better when he isnt traded.

Best of luck if that's their strategy

Reactions: Flan the incredible

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Scroll up 2 comments and read what @StreetHawk wrote. You can say all you want that you without Tkachuk, Laine, Fox, DeBrincat, McAvoy, etc there is no deal. But thats not the case, you arent going to be getting core prime players from the other team because its not going to be a "hockey trade" when it comes to Eichel. If Buffalo is moving him it is to completely scorch earth amd remove the image that surrounds the organization. If you are looking to acquire one of the players I mentioned above all that does is push the ball down the road to when that player wants out. You want to bring in a brand new crop of futures that want to win, not get out.
I think if Buffalo goes the route of taking pure futures they can do better than anything Calgary can offer. Calgary doesn't have the high 1sts or high end prospects to entice Buffalo. That's why Tkachuk would be required, but yeah it could become problematic when Tkachuk is up for a new deal. I have zero interest in getting a bunch of mid to late 1st's and equivalent prospects which is pretty much what Calgary is selling. The odds of any of that working out are slim to none. This isn't a pending UFA we're moving at the deadline.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
So you keep him until next off-season Where his NTC kicks in, limiting your options even more?

I cant think of a player who openly admits hes not happy with management, asks for a trade, and then plays better when he isnt traded.

you do realize there will be about 4 weeks from cup final and new year starts where they can trade him without any sort of trade blocking can occur.

teams have more cap room then.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't really know what a "Gretzky like return" is, but I think the price should stay very high. If teams aren't willing to budge then you go into next year with Jack and let him demonstrate he's healthy again and slow play it like Sakic did with Duchene.
Give Sakic a commission of whichever late 1st they get in ‘22 and have him make the Eichel trade for Buffalo. :naughty:

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Sign Taylor hall. Nobody expected him to score 2 goals.
Eichel also only had two goals and was on pace for 8 in an 82 game season. Stop trying to deflect the blame on the management. Have they been good? no. But they address a need and your two top guys combine for four goals is not the managements fault.
Signing skinner and okposo to bad contracts is one thing. But don’t act like there weren’t numerous other teams willing to put money out there to sign those guys and that most fans weren’t happy with the signings.
They spent money and those guys failed.
Everyone is to blame. Including 2 goal jack.

Reactions: Voight

Ledge And Dairy

I think if Buffalo goes the route of taking pure futures they can do better than anything Calgary can offer. Calgary doesn't have the high 1sts or high end prospects to entice Buffalo. That's why Tkachuk would be required, but yeah it could become problematic when Tkachuk is up for a new deal. I have zero interest in getting a bunch of mid to late 1st's and equivalent prospects which is pretty much what Calgary is selling. The odds of any of that working out are slim to none. This isn't a pending UFA we're moving at the deadline.
What level of high 1sts do you want? 7th to 13th OA is too low? What kind of top prospect are you expecting? Top 10 prospect in the QMJL or top 5 prospect in the WHL are subpar? You arent going to get a Byfield or Seider or Lafreniere. The teams calling are the ones that want to be rebounding back into the hunt next year, not the ones eyeing Shane Wright.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Eichel will be dealt this off-season with LA or NYR as most likely destinations

Reinhart will be dealt this off-season as well. Alot of suitors will be all over this. You could pick 10-15 teams pretty easily

Ristolainen will either be picked by Seattle or will be a 2022 TDL move.

Its going to suck but if Buffalo does this right they really could set themselves up nicely moving forward.

Why is L.A. always on that list?

If any we have too many great centers coming up.
What we need are scoring wingers and we are not in winning now mode

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Well first off he hasn't asked for a trade that we know of. Now maybe that's the next logical step given how everything has progressed I don't think it would surprise anyone if it does. That said Jacob Trouba asked to be traded for years, he wasn't and he continued playing very well for Winnipeg. Why didnt he just take his stick and go home? Was he toxic in that locker room? Buffalo has the ability to slow play this if the offers aren't sufficent enough. You don't just take a bag of crap for a franchise player and say we'll get'em next time. Typically NMC kick in during the summer, which would give Buffalo over a year until they "have" to do anything. At which point Eichel will hopefully have demonstrated he's healthy and productive and teams will be one more year removed from the hardships associated with Covid. It isn't hard to imagine the market increasing for him one year from now.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Maybe it's me, but I don't recall seeing too many players air their dirty laundry like Eichel has. He's very outspoken. I just can't see this working out with the Sabres unless there are some radical changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad