Value of: J.T. Miller (LW/C/RW)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Being ranked 21st and 24th on two separate lists don't mean anything to you?

Having one of the most productive 18 year old seasons in the SHL don't mean anything to you? 18-Year Old SHL Defensemen - Regular Season Stats

Or what about one of the most productive 19 year old seasons in the AHL? 19-Year Old AHL Defensemen - Regular Season Stats

Stop it man... just stop it. If you actually followed hockey, you would know that Brannstrom was considered a top tier blue chip prospect when he was traded for Stone.
I'm with the other poster. I still don't see the top 10 prospect that you claimed he was.
Ranked 21st and 24th on two separate lists does not = top 10 prospect.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Islanders definitely might. Once Pulock comes back they have him and Mayfield on the right side in their top 4
They literally just signed Pulock to a what was it 7 yr deal last month. They will not be moving him. Mayfield could be had I'd imagine considering Dobson will be looking for a bigger role.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Severson a possibility for who the Canucks would trade him for? I know the Devils cannot afford to lose any RHD deptg but maybe Fitz has something lined up to fill the RHD spot and then offer Severson plus?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
If a 1st line winger is in fact a need for the Islanders, Miller at full retention straight across for Dobson seems pretty reasonable. The Canucks might be able to throw in a prospect as well -- say, Klimovich with the Isles sending back a 3rd or lesser prospect.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If a 1st line winger is in fact a need for the Islanders, Miller at full retention straight across for Dobson seems pretty reasonable. The Canucks might be able to throw in a prospect as well -- say, Klimovich with the Isles sending back a 3rd or lesser prospect.
I thought the Islanders have a larger need on D first ? Trading Dobson seems counter productive as the have no real replacement for him and are leaning heavily on Greene and Chara ?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
They literally just signed Pulock to a what was it 7 yr deal last month. They will not be moving him. Mayfield could be had I'd imagine considering Dobson will be looking for a bigger role.
Read what I wrote again….they have Pulock and Mayfield so can afford to move Dobson for a top 6 forward

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I thought the Islanders have a larger need on D first ? Trading Dobson seems counter productive as the have no real replacement for him and are leaning heavily on Greene and Chara ?

Pullock and Mayfield: And we add Poolman (or in a dream world- Meyers) going their way to keep their depth while they get to add Miller.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Jt. Miller is a first line forward. Hell, a first list center. He's 58% in the faceoff circle and in his last three seasons in Vancouver he has 137 points in 140 games. He's pretty much a PPG player. He's tough, plays a two-way game and on pace for over 200 hits this season.

People in this thread are definitely not valuing him correctly. Guys like Tatar get a 1st, 2nd and a third at the deadline...and he was a RENTAL.
His cap hit is very low at only 5.25M and you also get another season of him after this one. He's definitely worth at least two good pieces. A 1st rnd pick and a solid youngish player. If Dobson is the target, the Isles are adding without a doubt.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I'm with the other poster. I still don't see the top 10 prospect that you claimed he was.
Ranked 21st and 24th on two separate lists does not = top 10 prospect.

Sorry you're as dense as them.

Prospects rankings are SUBJECTIVE. When I said Brannstrom was "probably a top 10 prospect at that point", what I was saying is that he was in that RANGE and that he was an A Tier prospect.

Just because Joe Schmo says so and so is ranked a certain number doesn't mean anything. He wanted me to provide some lists so I did. The fact these lists are in the vicinity means my statement wasn't far fetched or crazy.

Man some people just not that bright eh.

Grumpy1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks will trade him for a 3rd line grinder and throw in a 2nd round draft pic

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Jt. Miller is a first line forward. Hell, a first list center. He's 58% in the faceoff circle and in his last three seasons in Vancouver he has 137 points in 140 games. He's pretty much a PPG player. He's tough, plays a two-way game and on pace for over 200 hits this season.

People in this thread are definitely not valuing him correctly. Guys like Tatar get a 1st, 2nd and a third at the deadline...and he was a RENTAL.
His cap hit is very low at only 5.25M and you also get another season of him after this one. He's definitely worth at least two good pieces. A 1st rnd pick and a solid youngish player. If Dobson is the target, the Isles are adding without a doubt.
I'll let him take the dot, but I'd prefer him switched out of the center position immediately following the faceoff.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
how about Miller and Rathbone for Dobson and Wahlstrom

retention or sweeteners as needed

Rathbone gives Isles LD depth, vs Chara or other guys who aren't Pelech, and some youth in the deal. Miller goes anywhere in top 6.

Wahlstrom a right shot F the right age for Canucks' core, can't seem to get in the lineup for Isles. Dobosn we know the deal, he's the top4 young RHD the Canucks desperately need, Isles dont really wanna give, but with Pulock and Mayfield they are strong there...

Would consider a sal dump for the Isles as well, but who? i dont see any

Is this any closer?
cheers

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Sorry you're as dense as them.

Prospects rankings are SUBJECTIVE. When I said Brannstrom was "probably a top 10 prospect at that point", what I was saying is that he was in that RANGE and that he was an A Tier prospect.

Just because Joe Schmo says so and so is ranked a certain number doesn't mean anything. He wanted me to provide some lists so I did. The fact these lists are in the vicinity means my statement wasn't far fetched or crazy.

Man some people just not that bright eh.

i disagree with your statement, top ten is top ten, it’s a statement and it’s hard to get a top 10 prospect. If you have the 24th overall pick, you have to pay a kings ransom to move up to a top ten pick. The player taken is subjective by the way. Seems like your having a temper tantrum because no one will agree with you.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
the NYI and Nashville make the most sense to me for potential trade partners

-NYI are in a win now mode and could really do with some more scoring
-Nashville has always been trying to find elite offensive talents and they have a glout of good young Dman in their system and on the team

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'd think the Bruins would be interested, but not sure what they have of interest to offer.
I'm sure Lysell and Lohrei would be off the table.

As far as forwards, young guys Studnicka, Steen, Lauko. Vets Craig Smith, DeBrusk

D - don't think they would include Grezlcyk but I would be ok with it. No to Carlo. So that leaves unexciting pieces like Reilly, Clifton; Zboril has potential. Young guys Brady Lyle, Urho V, Ahchan is a PMD but small

Draft picks would be on the table
I agree that the Bruins should at least take a look at what it would take to make a move like this . Question I do have although I believe Coyle and Hall have the skills to be productive for the Bruins they just do not seem to be a fit on the same line , would Miller be able to play center and work well with Hall ? Is Vancouver rebuilding or looking to salvage this season ? So ask what type of deal could be made between these two teams ? Haha I know that is a lot of questions........

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree that the Bruins should at least take a look at what it would take to make a move like this . Question I do have although I believe Coyle and Hall have the skills to be productive for the Bruins they just do not seem to be a fit on the same line , would Miller be able to play center and work well with Hall ? Is Vancouver rebuilding or looking to salvage this season ? So ask what type of deal could be made between these two teams ? Haha I know that is a lot of questions........

Carlo or bust (assuming no McAvoy)
Gryz is 27, smallish and shoots left, Canucks should have no interest

to answer your Qs, Miller can play any top 6 role, incl PP & PK, take FOs, he kinda does it all. I imagine he'd be very good w Hall.

Canucks SHOULD be looking at a rebuilding move -- ie no one over 25, but it shouldn't be all picks and prospects ... really need a top4 RHD. But they also can't blow it up completely. I just worry that this management will try and make a salvage move and bring in someone older. Hopefully the depths of the problem right now will prevent that, as the fans will riot in the streets if it comes to this (and they are experts at that)

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
How about Miller and Rathbone for Dobson and a 2nd?

I know Isles fans are loathe to give Dobson, but they have Pulock and Mayfield there, and LHD seems to be more a need?

Rathbone is a great young LD who can step in now -- Canucks are committed to Hughes and OEL on that side, and are not playing him as 3LD.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Of course it takes two to tango, but it seems to me that Schneider from NYR or Dobson from NYI should be the two main targets for a Miller deal.

Canucks should be willing to retain 50% if they can leverage more picks/prospects out of the situation. For comparison, look what Goodrow got - a prospect and 1st round pick. Blake Coleman got an even better prospect and a 1st.

Although Coleman and Goodrow are both good players, they aren't Miller-good - and 1 and 3/4 seasons of Miller at 2.6 million, should the Canucks retain 50% should be worth a hell of a lot to a contender.

Edit: before everyone piles on, I would say those two trades by Tampa were an enormous reason for their back to back cup wins.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad