Value of: J.T. Miller (LW/C/RW)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Usually you dont get what you want, but what you can get. It has to be true. Springsteen wrote it.
Canucks are not at the point where they would trade Miller for "whatever they can get".

If we got to that point, numerous teams would likely outbid the Bruins, who really don't have many enticing tradable pieces at all.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Canucks are not at the point where they would trade Miller for "whatever they can get".

If we got to that point, numerous teams would likely outbid the Bruins, who really don't have many enticing tradable pieces at all.

I think if they dont get to that point, they will keep him. Players like this dont get traded unless the team has no alternative

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
It won't be worth it.

I would argue the opposite. Miller provides a lot of on-ice value to a team going nowhere in the next couple of years. Futures acquired could be used to retool the team properly. Given Miller’s age and contract situation the Canucks need to move him for a big package.

Miller doesn’t have any trade protection and is a versatile player on a good contract. There will be many suitors for him and the price would rightfully be high. Benning can’t be the one in charge of making this trade.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Alright I'm starting to try think differently about our needs.

One of my ideal trades was Miller for Braden Schneider and a 1st. It's because my thinking goes "Schneider with Hughes = perfect pairing to grow together". And for reasons I am told the Rangers would rather give Lundkvist because of playstyle.

So my new thinking goes, with OEL proving that he has transformed into less the offensive juggernaut Benning was hoping, but surprising us with becoming a lockdown defensive presence. Lundkvist might be a better partner for OEL than Schneider would be for Hughes. Get two potentially high octane offense guys on separate pairings (Benning has gone on record saying that was his plan) and find another way to get a steady presence for Hughes.

That in mind...Miller for Lundkvist+Matthew Robertson (sort of Schneider lite?)+ 1st

I don't love it, but honestly believe we need to take some drastic measures to stockpile the defensive pipeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad