Value of: J.T. Miller (LW/C/RW)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I don't get it.. why are VAN fans so hot to trade Miller?? he's actually... ya know.. GOOD
Due to 50 years of poor management, ownership and results Canucks fans suffer from a form of Stockholm Syndrome where they feel the need to move out players that could help win. If we're lucky maybe we can trade Miller for 2 x 1st round picks and we can draft Jake Virtanen and Juolevi versions 2.0 - Benning's a draft guru so we'll be good.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
You gotta remember Benning pushed all his chips in and is in win now mode. Any trade will need to address that

Reactions: Cogburn

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Your value assessment is way off with NYR being the trade partner. Miller wouldn't get the same minutes in NY and having just 1 more year won't net that return from a team not going all in for the cup. If that's the value, Vancouver will need to find a better match to trade with because Rangers can't give that up.
we're 12 games into a season - 1 more year on top of this one, it's basically a 2 year contract at this point.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yes, and I'd rather trade them for nothing, or include a sweetener, over losing Horvat, Boeser, Miller, etc.
Then you’re kissing guys like Hoglander or several of your 2nd rounders goodbye. When you should be rebuilding. It’s a catch 22. But, call Arizona. They’ll take your next several 2nd rounders for bad contracts.

it’s a win now move but your depth and farm system will be absolute garbage.

you guys definitely have the wrong GM to be calling the shots on these issues. Tough.

hard to see you guys keeping Boeser. He’s going to be too expensive to lock up long term. And he’s got value to ascertain in trade. Also not a deal you want Benning to make.

Last edited:

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kings could offer Walker-Kempe, prospects. Feel like JT would be an ideal fit on the Iafallo-Danault line. Athanasiou is good there now but we need a more polished player on that line to make it elite.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
we're 12 games into a season - 1 more year on top of this one, it's basically a 2 year contract at this point.
It's 1 more year which implies 1 more year after this... Read it how you want, 1 more year, or 2 years, it doesn't change that NYR would be foolish to do that.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Would rather trade 1st rounders than Miller. JT isn't old, and I think will age well. If the team can get it together maybe he's cool with another contract.

Half the teams core will be 30+ before any draft picks show up, if they do at all. Our 2 best fowards this year are JT and Garland, 5 year deals, traded for 1sts. Take a page out of Vegas' book and load up the current team. Shitcan the coach, see what Dman and 3c you can get with what looks like an incoming high 1st.

Team is already loaded with drafted talent. Every year its a new stud rookie. We don't have time to do it again, will lose players faster than they can be replaced.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
every player you just mentioned that isn’t JT Miller, Boeser or Horvat has no trade value. Most of them are negative value.

Then you’re kissing guys like Hoglander or several of your 2nd rounders goodbye. When you should be rebuilding. It’s a catch 22. But, call Arizona. They’ll take your next several 2nd rounders for bad contracts.

it’s a win now move but your depth and farm system will be absolute garbage.

you guys definitely have the wrong GM to be calling the shots on these issues. Tough.

hard to see you guys keeping Boeser. He’s going to be too expensive to lock up long term. And he’s got value to ascertain in trade. Also not a deal you want Benning to make.
You have proven once again that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the Canucks.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Your value assessment is way off with NYR being the trade partner. Miller wouldn't get the same minutes in NY and having just 1 more year won't net that return from a team not going all in for the cup. If that's the value, Vancouver will need to find a better match to trade with because Rangers can't give that up.

Curious what your asset valuation for him would be and why he wouldn't get minutes. He's not the same JT who left your team.

- Pettersson's having a slow start but JT is leading the team in scoring (16 points in 14 games)
- he's ahead of the scoring rates that stars like Fox, Panarin and Zibanejad have

- Granted your team is pretty loaded at LW (Panarin/ Kreider) and the top of C (Zibanejad)
- At worst he's 2nd C behind Strome, or if he plays RW I'd be surprised if he's not ahead of Blais/ Kakko/ Goodrow at the top of that pecking order (he brings his gritty game plus higher skill level)
- Even when we played him at 3rd C he still contributed, plus he should be on both PP and PK

It's fine if Chytil or Kravtsov aren't part of it, but Vancouver needs strong defense and I wouldn't want to give up K'Andre in my ask.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Curious what your asset valuation for him would be and why he wouldn't get minutes. He's not the same JT who left your team.

- Pettersson's having a slow start but JT is leading the team in scoring (16 points in 14 games)
- he's ahead of the scoring rates that stars like Fox, Panarin and Zibanejad

- Granted your team is pretty loaded at LW (Panarin/ Kreider) and the top of C (Zibanejad)
- At worst he's 2nd C behind Strome, or if he plays RW I'd be surprised if he's not ahead of Blais/ Kakko/ Goodrow at the top of that pecking order (he brings his gritty game plus higher skill level)
- Even when we played him at 3rd C he still contributed, plus he should be on both PP and PK

It's fine if Chytil or Kravtsov aren't part of it, but Vancouver needs strong defense and I wouldn't want to give up K'Andre in my ask.
I don't think NYR would put him at center. But as I said, teams in win now mode/going all in, would be better matches for Vancouver and could probably trade more than a team like NYR.

He's much better than Blais, Kakko and Goodrow combined, but if NYR are putting Kredier on the right of Zibby, I don't see the point of acquiring Miller for the right side and dropping Kakko down to 3rd/4th line, they might as well trade him away. Right now there's just no room for J.T. Miller when you consider the assets it would cost. There's no current replacement for K. Miller this season in our top 4.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I don't think NYR would put him at center. But as I said, teams in win now mode/going all in, would be better matches for Vancouver and could probably trade more than a team like NYR.

He's much better than Blais, Kakko and Goodrow combined, but if NYR are putting Kredier on the right of Zibby, I don't see the point of acquiring Miller for the right side and dropping Kakko down to 3rd/4th line, they might as well trade him away. Right now there's just no room for J.T. Miller when you consider the assets it would cost. There's no current replacement for K. Miller this season in our top 4.

Fair enough.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
What do the Canucks need in terms of prospects? A little bit of everything?

They aren’t winning before miller’s deal is up so they’d be smart to trade him now so the acquiring team could get two playoff runs out of him. He’s one of the few guys I’d include Robertson in a package for.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
What do the Canucks need in terms of prospects? A little bit of everything?

They aren’t winning before miller’s deal is up so they’d be smart to trade him now so the acquiring team could get two playoff runs out of him. He’s one of the few guys I’d include Robertson in a package for.

RHD is the biggest need by far.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Miller is working on a 93+ point season

Nothing to sneeze at

that fact that he plays all 3 forward positions should not be dismissed

He is playing at a better PPG clip than all NYR forwards

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Benning won’t trade Miller. His replacement will at the deadline or at the draft.
Pretty sure Benning has never traded anyone for a pick at the deadline as he's been all in, trying to make the playoffs since he got there over 7 years ago. Then somehow his teams did so poorly, that some even in HF have started calling what he is doing a rebuild, while the team has been capped out every year.

Reactions: Canuck86

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
God Miller is severely getting underrated. He’s playing at a 90 point pace and has been our best forward yet again. Not to mention he has another year on his contract after this and is a beast in the playoffs. He can also play all 3 forward positions. Unless we get a #2 RHD back he’s going nowhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad