Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Has anyone actually watched Mantha play this year? I know he’s been a healthy scratch but the team is terrible and he’s got to be at the end of his give a crap meter. Is he a guy worth pursuing?

Ekholm or someone like him seems like the most obvious target if they plan on going anywhere. For depth purposes alone it’s becoming apparent Boston can’t role with what they have on the backend if they plan on having any bodies available in the playoffs.
The great thing about Mantha is you don't just get Mantha on the roster, but his replacement level callup as well when he's inevitably put on the injured list.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Two biggest needs are secondary scoring and and solid LD (doesn’t have to be Ekholm)

I’m not trading my 1st round pick unless a Johnny Gaudreau is coming back. He’d most definitely solve the scoring issues on line 2. After that you look to acquire a solid 2nd pairing LD. Not sure who that would be but I’m sure there are some options.

Gaudreau probably isn’t re-signing in Calgary after next year so I’d offer Debrusk + 2021 1st

If that’s not enough than I just look to add the LD at a low cost. Every when healthy this version of the Bruins isn’t winning the cup, let’s be honest here.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Did, did you just put Kase back in the lineup? No one has heard a thing on the guy and to count on him at all is a huge mistake. He's probably done at this point.
Just throwing stuff at the wall. I'm sure Kase will be back and I'd rather see him than anyone last night. So deflated today after watching no response from Frederic or Ritchie and the defence having no balls at all. Been seeing for years that the team needs some toughness and talent added. When will this ever happen? I know there decimated but the Rangers were down guys too. I don't want to watch Debrusk, Bjork, Moore, Wagner, Kuraly, Kuhlman, blidh, even Carlo and his softness anymore. Please Sweeney for the love of God do something to show us your alive and watching the same team as we are.
Where did the Bruins all for one attitude ever go. Retired Bruins must watch games like these and just cringe at the compete level and how the skill guys just got run over and over and over when the "tough" guys just watched. Frederic is scared of Lemieux and Ritchie is a goal scorer and couldn't be bothered now.

Reactions: Scruffy

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Two biggest needs are secondary scoring and and solid LD (doesn’t have to be Ekholm)

I’m not trading my 1st round pick unless a Johnny Gaudreau is coming back. He’d most definitely solve the scoring issues on line 2. After that you look to acquire a solid 2nd pairing LD. Not sure who that would be but I’m sure there are some options.

Gaudreau probably isn’t re-signing in Calgary after next year so I’d offer Debrusk + 2021 1st

If that’s not enough than I just look to add the LD at a low cost. Every when healthy this version of the Bruins isn’t winning the cup, let’s be honest here.

Does Johnny really solve our scoring issues? Would you be surprised to know that since 2018 Johnny Hockey has only 10 more goals than JDB at 5v5?

Let's be honest Johnny isn't bumping anyone off PP1 and we don't give PP2 much TOI. Really where you need help (and has been the case) is 5v5 goal scoring.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Does Johnny really solve our scoring issues? Would you be surprised to know that since 2018 Johnny Hockey has only 10 more goals than JDB at 5v5?

Let's be honest Johnny isn't bumping anyone off PP1 and we don't give PP2 much TOI. Really where you need help (and has been the case) is 5v5 goal scoring.

He would be way better than JDB, I can't imagine a scenario in which all things being equal anyone would take DeBrusk over Gaudreau. Gaudreau isn't a great goal scorer and maybe not better than DeBrusk from a pure skill standpoint in that area, but he can pass Jake into oblivion which translates into goals, just not by him. It would definitely help. I'd take him any day over JDB.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Just throwing stuff at the wall. I'm sure Kase will be back and I'd rather see him than anyone last night. So deflated today after watching no response from Frederic or Ritchie and the defence having no balls at all. Been seeing for years that the team needs some toughness and talent added. When will this ever happen? I know there decimated but the Rangers were down guys too. I don't want to watch Debrusk, Bjork, Moore, Wagner, Kuraly, Kuhlman, blidh, even Carlo and his softness anymore. Please Sweeney for the love of God do something to show us your alive and watching the same team as we are.
Where did the Bruins all for one attitude ever go. Retired Bruins must watch games like these and just cringe at the compete level and how the skill guys just got run over and over and over when the "tough" guys just watched. Frederic is scared of Lemieux and Ritchie is a goal scorer and couldn't be bothered now.

I really do not understand this “Frederic is scared of Lemieux” stuff. Like at all.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
They should start with a veteran left shot defensive defensemen. It would be nice if John Moore would fill that role while Lauzon has been out, but he isn’t capable. They need to stabilize that left side because it is becoming a huge problem.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I know someone here mentioned this recently but considering the “Bergeron window” I wouldn’t object to a move for Giordano. 6.75m cap hit, expires after next season. Good veteran presence for top pairing. Slots guys down properly.

Maybe ask Calgary to include Bennet
I doubt he will ever leave Calgary tho. He is one of the most loyal players ever. Calgary signed him and he has never left. I’d be shocked at any rate.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I know I'm the only guy here who doesn't understand what the current cap space situation is, but please tell me we STILL have Krug and Chara's salaries to work with :oops:

Reactions: Gordoff

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
He would be way better than JDB, I can't imagine a scenario in which all things being equal anyone would take DeBrusk over Gaudreau. Gaudreau isn't a great goal scorer and maybe not better than DeBrusk from a pure skill standpoint in that area, but he can pass Jake into oblivion which translates into goals, just not by him. It would definitely help. I'd take him any day over JDB.
He's the same poster who told me over the summer that Boeser is not a superior player to DeBrusk. :laugh:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
They should start with a veteran left shot defensive defensemen. It would be nice if John Moore would fill that role while Lauzon has been out, but he isn’t capable. They need to stabilize that left side because it is becoming a huge problem.

What, Moore, Vaak and Zboril not a good enough left side?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I started a separate thread.

Confirmed with Link: - Bruins claim Tinordi

My uneducated guess....
Miller gonna be out a while.

Need for some grit?

“But listen, they are what they are and they are where they are in their career,” he added. “We went into this year with a good feeling on Kevan Miller’s health and unfortunately that took a turn. We miss that. We miss that bite back there — someone to settle things down. And [Jeremy Lauzon] we knew would play hard. He’s a big man that makes it tough in front of the net. We’ve missed those two guys.
“The last two games, a lot of stuff has happened in front of our net. Unfortunately, that’s not the strength of Zboril and Vaakanainen right now

Reactions: bme44 and Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

But we don't need playmakers, we need shooters. If you add JG he plays w/ Krejci....whose also a playmaker, so whose shooting the puck? I'm not saying JG isn't better than JDB because that not even debatable. What I'm saying is JG doesn't fit a need for a goal scoring winger.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
(This post may be premature, as the deadline is still weeks away...but I have time right now...so, here goes)

At the risk of oversimplifying things, I just do not understand the reluctance to make the necessary moves to try to win a cup this year and next.

They have a solid 1.5 years before they need to rebuild, IMO.

That’s it.

Take a few hits at this deadline to give them a chance for the 2021 or 2022 cup.

Move any combination of JDB, Bjork, Vaak, any #2 pick they have (possibly a #1 if the return is good enough) and any prospect they have for a 2nd line winger and a 2/3 defenseman.

It is not that hard. Teams make trades every season!

This team can win a cup.

Perfection line
Ritchie - Krejci - Trade Acquisition
Frederick - Coyle - Smith
Kuraly - Studnicka - Wagner

Trade Acquisition - McAvoy
Lauzon - Carlo
Grzelcyk - Zboril - Clifton - Miller

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
But we don't need playmakers, we need shooters. If you add JG he plays w/ Krejci....whose also a playmaker, so whose shooting the puck? I'm not saying JG isn't better than JDB because that not even debatable. What I'm saying is JG doesn't fit a need for a goal scoring winger.

That's a good point. I am pretty sure the Bruins are not in the hunt for Gaudreau anyway, but damn if they were and JDB + was the price, I'd do it in a second. Then still go find a shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad