Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I started a separate thread.

Confirmed with Link: - Bruins claim Tinordi

My uneducated guess....
Miller gonna be out a while.

Need for some grit?

“But listen, they are what they are and they are where they are in their career,” he added. “We went into this year with a good feeling on Kevan Miller’s health and unfortunately that took a turn. We miss that. We miss that bite back there — someone to settle things down. And [Jeremy Lauzon] we knew would play hard. He’s a big man that makes it tough in front of the net. We’ve missed those two guys.
“The last two games, a lot of stuff has happened in front of our net. Unfortunately, that’s not the strength of Zboril and Vaakanainen right now
Worst case maybe he can teach some of the younger guys how to use their sticks to make life uncomfortable for the opposition in front of the net.

Or drill some of the forwards in practice. The way the games are played now that’ll make actual games feel like a cakewalk.

Reactions: Gordoff

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Does Johnny really solve our scoring issues? Would you be surprised to know that since 2018 Johnny Hockey has only 10 more goals than JDB at 5v5?

Let's be honest Johnny isn't bumping anyone off PP1 and we don't give PP2 much TOI. Really where you need help (and has been the case) is 5v5 goal scoring.

We need to stop with the ‘what Debrusk has done’ bit. He’s an average player.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That's a good point. I am pretty sure the Bruins are not in the hunt for Gaudreau anyway, but damn if they were and JDB + was the price, I'd do it in a second. Then still go find a shooter.
Where did this narrative about Gaudreau being gunshy about shooting the puck stem from? Dude gets plenty of pucks on the net and scores a fair amount as well.

Doubt he’s anywhere near the Flames’ trade block, but if he was, he’d be a fantastic addition

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Where did this narrative about Gaudreau being gunshy about shooting the puck stem from? Dude gets plenty of pucks on the net and scores a fair amount as well.

Doubt he’s anywhere near the Flames’ trade block, but if he was, he’d be a fantastic addition

No one said he was gun shy. I pointed to his 5v5 goals over the last 3 years as the poster I was replying to said he'd fix our goal scoring problem.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Billy Jaffe just mentioned Buffalo may shop Taylor Hall soon. Although 1 goal in 17 games would he garner any interest?! 12 points total.

I’d flip a 2nd for a retained Hall as a pure rental.

Hall - Krejci - Smith
Ritchie - Coyle - Studnicka/ Bjork

*In this scenario I’d look to flip DeBrusk for a dman.
I would be okay with a 2nd rd pick or someone like Beecher for Hall with retained salary, maybe we can swing for the fences and get Eichel as well?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I know someone here mentioned this recently but considering the “Bergeron window” I wouldn’t object to a move for Giordano. 6.75m cap hit, expires after next season. Good veteran presence for top pairing. Slots guys down properly.

Maybe ask Calgary to include Bennet
Depends, it could be okay if the cost is low.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I really do not understand this “Frederic is scared of Lemieux” stuff. Like at all.
Lemieux was. Running around last night without a care in the world. Players were getting rocked and the only two people that showed any fight were Marchand and Studnika... Our two smallest players. Remember how pissed Frederic was chirping at Lemieux last game after he got worked? Next game they play, nothing. After they went up by two goals on the B's I said this is a perfect time to see a scrap to get the guys invested and nothing. Oh wait how many straight goals? I'm telling you, a fight at that juncture in the game would have done wonders. Instead, they showed how they could be pushed around come playoffs. Maybe I'm wrong. Just what I'm seeing.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lemieux was. Running around last night without a care in the world. Players were getting rocked and the only two people that showed any fight were Marchand and Studnika... Our two smallest players. Remember how pissed Frederic was chirping at Lemieux last game after he got worked? Next game they play, nothing. After they went up by two goals on the B's I said this is a perfect time to see a scrap to get the guys invested and nothing. Oh wait how many straight goals? I'm telling you, a fight at that juncture in the game would have done wonders. Instead, they showed how they could be pushed around come playoffs. Maybe I'm wrong. Just what I'm seeing.

You can’t make a guy fight.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
So Frederic couldn't grab Lemieux and start punching his face whether he liked it or not? That's what the team needed. Some kind of statement. It's basically his job since he doesn't provide offence. Keep in mind I love Frederic... The one who provides toughness, fear and beats people up who need it and to provide a spark. Kind of get Ritchie not doing anything as we need him on the ice as he's producing offense. Frederic is here for a reason.

Root

Feb 22, 2010

Looked to me like the Rangers game plan was to be extremely physical with the Bruins defense and top line players and were also told not to fight. Worked pretty well for them.

If they won’t fight you (and I truly believe that Lemieux wouldn’t fight anyone last night, it was the game plan) then you have to have your guys match and surpass their physicality with hitting. The Bruins did not do that, not even close. The Fourth line has to be better in that regard. It shouldn’t even have to be said.

As a team the Bruins didn’t handle it well and that’s why they just picked up a 6’6” marginal NHL defensemen.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Looked to me like the Rangers game plan was to be extremely physical with the Bruins defense and top line players and were also told not to fight. Worked pretty well for them.

If they won’t fight you (and I truly believe that Lemieux wouldn’t fight anyone last night, it was the game plan) then you have to have your guys match and surpass their physicality with hitting. The Bruins did not do that, not even close. The Fourth line has to be better in that regard. It shouldn’t even have to be said.

As a team the Bruins didn’t handle it well and that’s why they just picked up a 6’6” marginal NHL defensemen.
Still... Can't tell me Frederic couldn't have grabbed any player and start pummeling them? Even if Lemieux turtles and takes a few punches with Frederic going to the box it's still going to help the team even if there is a penalty. Couldn't have been worse than what we witnessed. Maybe I'm just bitter as I thought they addressed the tough issue with Ritchie, Miller and Frederic.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So Frederic couldn't grab Lemieux and start punching his face whether he liked it or not? That's what the team needed. Some kind of statement. It's basically his job since he doesn't provide offence. Keep in mind I love Frederic... The one who provides toughness, fear and beats people up who need it and to provide a spark. Kind of get Ritchie not doing anything as we need him on the ice as he's producing offense. Frederic is here for a reason.
That reason isn’t to take bad penalties - would be the quickest way off the club and off the rails of development

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

2:31...the amount of 5v5 TOI that Frederic had vs Lemieux last night. Most of which was after the game was a blow out and at which point Lemieux has zero reason to even entertain fighting anyone.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Still... Can't tell me Frederic couldn't have grabbed any player and start pummeling them? Even if Lemieux turtles and takes a few punches with Frederic going to the box it's still going to help the team even if there is a penalty. Couldn't have been worse than what we witnessed. Maybe I'm just bitter as I thought they addressed the tough issue with Ritchie, Miller and Frederic.

That’s what I am telling you, it’s a different league, you really can’t do it. The way you make a team engage you in a fight is by brining the physicality to them. Guarantee you if Frederic, Wagner, Kuraly and whoever else were running around putting guys on their backs that Lemieux and other Rangers players would have gotten frustrated and looked for a fight.

The Bruins finally have some size and toughness but I still am not seeing them bring the physical play to their opponents enough.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

So you want him to be Todd Bertuzzi? Turn the tables, how would you react if someone just started throwing punches at one of our guys even though he wasn't going to fight?

Reactions: bbfan419

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
2:31...the amount of 5v5 TOI that Frederic had vs Lemieux last night. Most of which was after the game was a blow out and at which point Lemieux has zero reason to even entertain fighting anyone.
Sorry the Bruins needed some toughness and wasn't shown by our tough players.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
That’s what I am telling you, it’s a different league, you really can’t do it. The way you make a team engage you in a fight is by brining the physicality to them. Guarantee you if Frederic, Wagner, Kuraly and whoever else were running around putting guys on their backs that Lemieux and other Rangers players would have gotten frustrated and looked for a fight.

The Bruins finally have some size and toughness but I still am not seeing them bring the physical play to their opponents enough.
Fully agree... It's not just fighting, it's fighting for the puck, hitting everything in sight and showing passion. This team is soft and coming playoffs it will be same old same old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad