Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If Backes was still on the roster and buried in the AHL or Taxi Squad, they'd have less than a million in cap space.
How do you feel about this cap space if they don't do anything or use it to it's full availability though? Assuming we are adding salary while not subtracting any.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
How do you feel about this cap space if they don't do anything or use it to it's full availability though? Assuming we are adding salary while not subtracting any.

They are already using it. With all the injuries and having to move players in and out of the lineup, the cap space is extremely valuable. For example, just between Wednesday and Thursday, their deadline cap space dropped $7.5 million. That will continue to fluctuate as players move in and out.

I would much rather that than having to move players in and out of LTIR and having virtually no space come trade deadline.

The cap is a long, tedious and extremely complicated thing to keep track of. I think the Bruins have managed it masterfully.

I guess it depends on your definition of using it to their full availability. But the B's are in much better shape than the Lightning, Caps, Islanders, and many more. Heaven help them if they suffer injuries where they can't put players on LTIR like the Bruins.

Bruins Cap.PNG

I keep my own tabs on the cap. Usually tweet it out every game day.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They are already using it. With all the injuries and having to move players in and out of the lineup, the cap space is extremely valuable. For example, just between Wednesday and Thursday, their deadline cap space dropped $7.5 million. That will continue to fluctuate as players move in and out.

I would much rather that than having to move players in and out of LTIR and having virtually no space come trade deadline.

The cap is a long, tedious and extremely complicated thing to keep track of. I think the Bruins have managed it masterfully.

I guess it depends on your definition of using it to their full availability. But the B's are in much better shape than the Lightning, Caps, Islanders, and many more. Heaven help them if they suffer injuries where they can't put players on LTIR like the Bruins.

View attachment 400870
They do seem to be really on top of this - just seems like giving up a first and Andersson is a pretty expensive way to carve out flexibility. Totally hindsight take though because I expected (and they surely did too) that Kase would be a good add.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

View attachment 400870
Thanks for all of those details, it's a lot to wrap your head around.

Just wondering though, for the sake of comparison.

Backes is still 1.5M on the cap, with 8.4M deadline space.

How would that be different with Backes in Providence vs. this? Backes with 5M on the cap, and 5M at deadline? Or is the math just not that simple with LTIR, etc.

They do seem to be really on top of this - just seems like giving up a first and Andersson is a pretty expensive way to carve out flexibility. Totally hindsight take though because I expected (and they surely did too) that Kase would be a good add.

Kase, uninjured, and contributing, this isn't even a topic of issue at this point. Couldn't completely have foreseen this (although some Ducks fans did warn us with his style of play/head down that he could get rocked pretty easy), but it is what it is at this point.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks for all of those details, it's a lot to wrap your head around.

Just wondering though, for the sake of comparison.

Backes is still 1.5M on the cap, with 8.4M deadline space.

How would that be different with Backes in Providence vs. this? Backes with 5M on the cap, and 5M at deadline? Or is the math just not that simple with LTIR, etc.

Kase, uninjured, and contributing, this isn't even a topic of issue at this point. Couldn't completely have foreseen this (although some Ducks fans did warn us with his style of play/head down that he could get rocked pretty easy), but it is what it is at this point.

To complicated to do the math. Or rather I am lazy.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Couldn't-care-less-Carlo for Ristolainen

and

DeBrusk for Sam Bennett and picks.

It would be nice to add a couple more players who actually give a shit.

Reactions: Gordoff

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Been saying this for a while. They fool me now and then, but we need three forwards and a top four D. Ride it out and get rid of the dead weight
If thats your thinking then Why wait.....Just trade Bergy, Krejci, Marchand, Rask at the dealine... Grab some young players and get like 7 or 8 number ones.......

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
If thats your thinking then Why wait.....Just trade Bergy, Krejci, Marchand, Rask at the dealine... Grab some young players and get like 7 or 8 number ones.......
It's not all or nothing.

Just have realistic expectations that the team is changing, and stop giving away futures for losing results. Hockey trades or moves that can help now and later. We aren't a buy all team, we also aren't having a fire sale.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
If that's the case then they should deal Krejci. We won't though. Sweeney's job is going to be on the line between this year and next. He can't afford to not make moves to improve the team's chances this year.
Who is going to trade for an injured Krejci?

If the Bruins go on a terrible streak and drop out of playoff contention is the only way they move Krejci.

I've been pushing the trade Krejci idea for a while, but it's too little too late. Bruins aren't trading him for a mid pick. No one is going to give us blue chips. Would be nice to replenish picks, but just don't see it happening...

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Who is going to trade for an injured Krejci?

If the Bruins go on a terrible streak and drop out of playoff contention is the only way they move Krejci.

I've been pushing the trade Krejci idea for a while, but it's too little too late. Bruins aren't trading him for a mid pick. No one is going to give us blue chips. Would be nice to replenish picks, but just don't see it happening...
I was actually on that wagon too after missing out on Hall/Toffoli/Hoffman.

There's always some stupid team willing to overpay for a player who isn't truly worth it. I remember in 2015 when the Coyotes got a 1st for Antoine Vermette.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I was actually on that wagon too after missing out on Hall/Toffoli/Hoffman.

There's always some stupid team willing to overpay for a player who isn't truly worth it. I remember in 2015 when the Coyotes got a 1st for Antoine Vermette.
Then by all means, I just don't see a team offering that for him this season, especially with expansion draft coming up. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins are starving for offense

should the team take the risk and trade for Tony DeAngelo?

He said "it won't happen again"

I mean at this point you got to think he would be insane to jeopardize his career

Marchand can teach him to change lol

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Bruins are starving for offense

should the team take the risk and trade for Tony DeAngelo?

He said "it won't happen again"

I mean at this point you got to think he would be insane to jeopardize his career

Marchand can teach him to change lol

Imagine him starting something with Rask after a bad game :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad