Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
That offer won't get it done. If you are Nashville, why would you make a deal to flip Grizz, for a pick when you can simply trade directly for a prospect and/or pick with another team?

People forget that other teams are going to be making offers as well. If you are Nashville, you can do way better by splitting the transactions and taking the best offer on each player.

Teams flip players for picks.. we even did it when we traded Lucic to LA.. it is just a suggestion and was trying consider Seattle consequences in it.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
My fault, I wanted to trade for Rakell, someone mentioned Heinen was out producing Rakell, but I didn’t take it as a slight to Rakell. I liked Heinen. Then more followed.

I still think Rakell should be a target and won’t cost us the farm.

I agree with you on Rakell, he is a having a rough year but is a proven performer and can play both LW and RW. As the Bruins have recently done business with Anaheim this could potentially bode well for Sweeney in terms of getting something done if Rackell is indeed a target.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Ritchie basically replaced Krug's PP points...keep him there.

If he scores, he plays with more confidence.
One of the best net front guys since Eriksson. In his last year here, he scored 10 PP goals. My edit of a freeze frame, just after he tipped it. Perfect positioning for a tip and screen.

full

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I HATE him. So therefore I want him here. He's got the snarl and bad attitude that makes people look over their shoulder and think twice.

He also concussed Vaak and stunted his growth. So I have a bit of a personal issue with him as he can cross the line.

However, he held the Ottawa locker room together in the middle of their lowest point in the Melnyk Crisis. He is gritty, but can he keep up with the team speed-wise or make the D to O passes that Bruces system lives on?

Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I love Arvidsson like he's my son. I've told my nephew to watch him and see exactly how and where to position yourself to score goals.

But Arvy's assist numbers cratering like they have is a huge concern and I wouldn't want to be the one paying into the idea that the past three years are anomalous.

Contract's great. Scoring dip might fix itself with a different team/teammates. But I wouldn't pay 60 pt prices for a 40 pt player.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Love this. Have you seen the legends video of Mike Bossy? He talks about hitting the net and how important it is. Seems simple but for some reason it isn’t with a lot of players.
I remember Bossy also saying shoot where the goalie was, he scored a lot of one timers that way.

Then there is Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." In other words, you can't succeed unless you try.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I love Arvidsson like he's my son. I've told my nephew to watch him and see exactly how and where to position yourself to score goals.

But Arvy's assist numbers cratering like they have is a huge concern and I wouldn't want to be the one paying into the idea that the past three years are anomalous.

Contract's great. Scoring dip might fix itself with a different team/teammates. But I wouldn't pay 60 pt prices for a 40 pt player.
Legit concerns. Perhaps the rest of the NHL sees this. I prefer Arvidsson but if we want to buy low we should really look to Rakell.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
We don't have the trade capital to get both.

Forget about Eckholm, he's going to Winnipeg...or Florida....or Philly.
Why not? We have first round picks, good prospects. Two firsts Beecher,Vak,Hall and still a little more. With that said would need to move Kase and Moore for it to work

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He also concussed Vaak and stunted his growth. So I have a bit of a personal issue with him as he can cross the line.

However, he held the Ottawa locker room together in the middle of their lowest point in the Melnyk Crisis. He is gritty, but can he keep up with the team speed-wise or make the D to O passes that Bruces system lives on?
I have no idea regarding that. I can just picture him in a Flyers uniform with no front teeth and that craziness. He's a throw-back to the 1975 Broadstreet Bullies. He's the junkyard dog that keeps the customers honest or a little scared when he's out there. IIRC we haven't had a lunatic like him in a long while. Maybe John Wensink?
In regards to Vaak, I agree, it's the first thing I think about when I hear his name. BTW: No idea what his "hit's per game" number is... It's always nice to have players who can punish other teams. Kevan Miller and Lauzon were keeping opposing teams honest. In the play0ffs that huge. We can't count on Miller to be here by then so it would be nice to have a hammer on D when it's time to play Ovie, and Oshie if we meet in the playoffs. I can only imagine how a Boro could've turned the tide against St. Louis 2 seasons ago.

Last edited:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Agreed but don't forget who's doing our bidding... We're talking names like Ekholm and Viktor Arvidsson. Sweeney and Co will probably come up with Ryan and Montour (if we're lucky)...
Please no. Honestly, been there done that. Now is the time. Am I wrong in thinking that the owners want to win Neely wants to win and you would think Sweeney wants to win where is the hold up.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Please no. Honestly, been there done that. Now is the time. Am I wrong in thinking that the owners want to win Neely wants to win and you would think Sweeney wants to win where is the hold up.
I agree. I don't like being disappointed at the TDL either. I was 50/50 happy and disappointed at lasts years TDL. Liked the addition of Ritchie but like eating at a gourmet restaurant I left the table feeling hungry for more.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Agreed but don't forget who's doing our bidding... We're talking names like Ekholm and Viktor Arvidsson. Sweeney and Co will probably come up with Ryan and Montour (if we're lucky)...
I understand your point, but I think Sweeney will get canned if we don't make a deep run this year or next year. The roster is flawed when it comes to secondary scoring, and that is on Sweeney. If we don't bring in 2 legit top 6 forwards via trade (and extend them) and/or free agency between now and the summer of 2022, we're going to be rebuilding. Sweeney knows that, and he knows that he'll be on the chopping block if that happens. I wouldn't be surprised if Neely feels the heat as well. They butchered the re-tool, which is much easier than a rebuild, during Sweeney's first offseason, and there's no telling how badly they'll butcher a rebuild. The way for Sweeney to stay is to extend the ever closing window and bring in quality top-6 forwards with term so we can be positioned for success post 37 (and 63).

That's why I expect him to trade for someone like Palmieri and either extend him or sign one of Landeskog/Hall this summer and make a run at Barkov next year. I will be stunned if Sweeney doesn't do those things, and I am no fan of his. He has to or he'll be out of a job in 2 years.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I remember Bossy also saying shoot where the goalie was, he scored a lot of one timers that way.

Then there is Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." In other words, you can't succeed unless you try.
Don't you mean "where the goalie wasn't?"

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Legit concerns. Perhaps the rest of the NHL sees this. I prefer Arvidsson but if we want to buy low we should really look to Rakell.
I'd buy low on either of them. The Ducks were fair last year, but it will probably kill them to let go of a player who was such a big scorer young for a fractional price. Rakell is also scary because the goals have dried up, and who the hell knows if he's coming back from that.

Poile got ownership's nod earlier in the week, so maybe the choice is made depending if Murray's feet are being held to the fire.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
I understand your point, but I think Sweeney will get canned if we don't make a deep run this year or next year. The roster is flawed when it comes to secondary scoring, and that is on Sweeney. If we don't bring in 2 legit top 6 forwards via trade (and extend them) and/or free agency between now and the summer of 2022, we're going to be rebuilding. Sweeney knows that, and he knows that he'll be on the chopping block if that happens. I wouldn't be surprised if Neely feels the heat as well. They butchered the re-tool, which is much easier than a rebuild, during Sweeney's first offseason, and there's no telling how badly they'll butcher a rebuild. The way for Sweeney to stay is to extend the ever closing window and bring in quality top-6 forwards with term so we can be positioned for success post 37 (and 63).

That's why I expect him to trade for someone like Palmieri and either extend him or sign one of Landeskog/Hall this summer and make a run at Barkov next year. I will be stunned if Sweeney doesn't do those things, and I am no fan of his. He has to or he'll be out of a job in 2 years.

Yeah, because it’s so easy to just go acquire two top-six forwards in the NHL and extend them in the same process. They just grow on trees and the Bruins are the only team in the NHL in need of top-six players, right?

They botched the re-tool? Didn’t they just win the President’s Trophy? They made it the the cup finals and lost in Game 7 because their best players weren’t their best players. They had Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Krejci, Krug, McAvoy, Coyle, MoJo and others. None of which scored in Game 7 of the SCF at home. If none of the players on the top line could score that night, literally three of the best players in the NHL, what makes you think someone else would have? Idk, it’s a tough sell for me.

BTW— DeBrusk, Carlo, Lauzon, Zboril, Vaakanainen, McAvoy, Studnicka and Frederic are all picks from Don Sweeney during the re-tool. All of them are playing in the NHL right now for the same team they were drafted to play on one day soon. If that’s a “butchered” rebuild then please sign me up for more of those.

Last edited:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yeah, because it’s so easy to just go acquire two top-six forwards in the NHL and extend them in the same process. They just grow on trees and the Bruins are the only team in the NHL in need of top-six players, right?

They botched the re-tool? Didn’t they just win the President’s Trophy? They made it the the cup finals and lost in Game 7 because their best players weren’t their best players. They had Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Krejci, Krug, McAvoy, Coyle, MoJo and others. None of which scored in Game 7 of the SCF at home. If none of the players on the top line could score that night, literally three of the best players in the NHL, what makes you think someone else would have? Idk, it’s a tough sell for me.

BTW— DeBrusk, Carlo, Lauzon, Zboril, Vaakanainen, McAvoy, Studnicka and Frederic are all picks from Don Sweeney during the re-tool. All of them are playing in the NHL right now for the same team they were drafted to play on one day soon. If that’s a “butchered” rebuild then please sign me up for more of those.
I can see what you are saying but Chiarelli won the cup 2011, finals 2013, presidents trophy 2014. Now Sweeney,2019 final, 2020 presidents trophy. Now Time for a cup. He inherited a good roster, he has made both good/ bad moves and picks. Given the age our our best players I believe it’s time for trades to win the cup. I like Sweeney but a cup win will turn the like into love for me and I’m sure a lot of other people.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
One of the things about being a fan is that other team's players always appear to better than what we have. So we go out and clamor to get player X, or player Y but that player is not necessarily going to be any better than what we have already. Many here wanted Palmieri (as an example not a shot at anyone), but Sweeney got Craig Smith instead. We can't know, but Smith looks like a really good fit for the Bruins even though he isn't quite as productive. Maybe they circle around to Palmieri again- I would not mind. But there are lot of names tossed out in threads like these and there's not guarantees that they do better than what is going the other way or getting benched.

Reactions: sarge88

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

This is a fantastic post. I couldn't agree more, nor could I have articulated it so well.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

I said during his first offseason he did, and I stand by that. The moves (and non-moves) at forward he made his first few months on the job contributed to us not getting a cup (as did the Backes acquisition). We didn't have the secondary scoring to bail out a first line that was carrying us. I could go on and on and provide you with the names of players he did and didn't acquire via trade, FA, draft, etc., but that's not what this thread is for.

Getting back on topic, I fully expect him to make a move for a legit top 6 forward at the deadline. The goal is to win the cup, and not hoist a President's Trophy banner, if there even is such a thing. I expect Sweeney to make a move to put us in a better position to win a cup. I think Palmieri will be that guy, as I don't see us having enough to get Forsberg. I also wouldn't be surprised if Nashville keeps him, as they can trade him during the offseason or at the deadline next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad