Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So anyone would sign Marner to 10.9 after one exceptional season and all of 5 playoff goals in three years? And Matthews to a contract that takes him straight to UFA after his ELC ended as well? Letting Nylanders contract negotiations drag on for ages, whilst allso bringing in a players coach with no previous NHL experience, building a pure skill based team until everyone starts screaming for toughness and grit, and relaxing a league wide dress code after your players whine about it? Seems more like a boys club than a pro team to me, so guess I'm not everyone..
You aren’t an NHL GM… especially not in Toronto. It’s real easy to say you wouldn’t do any of those things when you know you’ll never have to actually face the pressures that comes with that job.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
All joking aside, Tulsky is extremely well spoken and seems extremely intelligent (and has the education to back it up). I don't know how that'd translate to his first full GM gig, but he's a smart dude who likely wouldn't be a victim of the usual pitfalls of idiotic, caveman-brain GMs.

But again, first time being a full GM, who knows.

My preference is Tulsky, then Dubas (or a combination of the two) and then a pretty big gap.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
If I had to guess based on Friedman it’s gonna be Dubas or Darche. Being a GM is 97% managing people and putting out fires and 3% making trades and signing players, which being a scientist doesn’t really help you with. Tulsky resume sounds perfect for a behind the scenes guy who helps drive the hockey process.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Hiring Dubas would be a disaster. I don't understand how any team would be considering him. That in itself suggests there are issues.
He’s 38 and has 5 years of experience being GM, 4 being AHL GM, and 3 years being OHL GM. That by itself would be a resume to at least look at.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
You aren’t an NHL GM… especially not in Toronto. It’s real easy to say you wouldn’t do any of those things when you know you’ll never have to actually face the pressures that comes with that job.
For sure, not saying I would do a better job at all, but I still don't have to see Dubas as my preferred option as the next Pens GM, if we're going young and analytical I'd much rather give Tulsky a shot, as the Canes are much closer to the type of team I would want, than the teams Dubas has built in Toronto has ever been. Now if Tulsky would try to build a Canes like team here, or if he would go in a totally different direction when given the opportunity to make the decisions is a different story..

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Buried in that Rossi article was a bit about the Pens potentially hiring Edzo in an advisory role.

For the love of god, no. He has absolutely no insight as a commentator and had even less as a coach. I do not want him involved in Penguins hockey operations in any way, even if it's some bullshit role.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
All we hear is that everyone has impressed FSG lol… at e they’re easily impressed…
At this point in my career, I bet I have enough showmanship in an interview process to make them think I'd be a great candidate as well. I could say a lot of good things. Now, my ability to execute those ideas is where the problem lies.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Buried in that Rossi article was a bit about the Pens potentially hiring Edzo in an advisory role.

For the love of god, no. He has absolutely no insight as a commentator and had even less as a coach. I do not want him involved in Penguins hockey operations in any way, even if it's some bullshit role.
Well, it is Rob Rossi. So, there's an actual 100% chance it won't happen because it's all LARPing BS from him.

Reactions: Pancakes

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020

f*** Edzo. No interest in him even as an emergency backup zamboni driver.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Well, it is Rob Rossi. So, there's an actual 100% chance it won't happen because it's all LARPing BS from him.
Nothing is more pervasive in pro sports than cronyism, and Edzo has a history here as both a player and coach. If Keith Jones's resume merits a POHO hiring in Philadelphia, Edzo could get at least an advisory role in Pittsburgh. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's well within the boundary of reasonable things to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad