Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Using PITT to abbreviate the city name Pittsburgh for baseball, hockey, football is like dropping the "h." Anyone from the area seeing it would instantly think that's wrong and as I said figures they don't know much about the city.

The Pitt Steelers
The Pitt Penguins
The Pitt Pirates

This is a typical kind of issue DK would be all up in arms over.

Oh, I don't disagree that anyone from the area wouldn't use "Pitt" to mean anything but the University. I just think getting worked up about someone who isn't from here doing so is kind of silly.

I mean, it's not like Friedman is trying to pretend he's from Pittsburgh, so getting on his case about it is just kind of weird to me. Especially since as a sportswriter, having the "University of Pittsburgh" abbreviate to "Pitt" is going to make it seem natural to use "Pitt" as a shortening of "Pittsburgh." 🤷‍♂️

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Your weekly dose of TIOPS courtesy of another poster lol…

“--TIOPS says Botteril did not actively seek out the Penguins job. The Penguins went to him, and initially, Seattle denied requests while they were still playing. Belief is Botteril would not be coming here for a GM role but more the Hockey Ops role. Says in this situation, FSG has to be asking Botteril to take a role and needs to be selling him on Hockey Ops role, because Botteril didn't ASK to be interviewed and come with his plan or vision...because he wasn't looking at the role.

--TIOPS also claims if Botteril comes in and gets Hockey Ops role, highly likely that Dan MacKinnon comes in as the GM

--Claims that Greeley made a big impression and is likely more under consideration for Hockey Ops role than GM role.

--Says Bergevin interviewed twice and has some support for Hockey Ops role, with Darche potentially as the GM with him...but says Bergevin still covets GM role and may be under consideration in Calgary

--Says Chiarelli has a close friendship to two prominent FSG people, and that nobody should close the door on him in this search.

--Claims Treliving was near the top of the Penguins list initially, but Calgary rejected interview requests. Now that they have opened those up, not sure if Penguins circle back.

--Says lots of mystery around Chayka. There was serious chatter on him mid last week, but it has died down. Reportedly in last 48 hours, Chayka camp has told Penguins if he does wish to return it will be somewhere else, not Pittsburgh.”

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Imagine thinking anybody associated with TIOPS has inside info with Fenwick Sports Group.
not defending TIOPS, but nothing in this summary needs to have been gotten from people inside FSG…could have been gotten from other sources within the Pens organization or from agents…do I think he has any sources anywhere ? No, lol, but I’m just saying…

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
First f*** that TIOPS stuff trying to give us all the worst possible choices...they are just specculating at best.

What in the actual f***? Sullivan to Pittsburgh is like Dubas to Toronto?

Imagine thinking anybody associated with TIOPS has inside info with Fenwick Sports Group.
LOL if Pens hire Chia or even Bowman I am taking next season off.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
not defending TIOPS, but nothing in this summary needs to have been gotten from people inside FSG…could have been gotten from other sources within the Pens organization or from agents…do I think he has any sources anywhere ? No, lol, but I’m just saying…
Nobody else has mentioned Chia or Bergevin for second interviews.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Your weekly dose of TIOPS courtesy of another poster lol…

“--TIOPS says Botteril did not actively seek out the Penguins job. The Penguins went to him, and initially, Seattle denied requests while they were still playing. Belief is Botteril would not be coming here for a GM role but more the Hockey Ops role. Says in this situation, FSG has to be asking Botteril to take a role and needs to be selling him on Hockey Ops role, because Botteril didn't ASK to be interviewed and come with his plan or vision...because he wasn't looking at the role.

--TIOPS also claims if Botteril comes in and gets Hockey Ops role, highly likely that Dan MacKinnon comes in as the GM

--Claims that Greeley made a big impression and is likely more under consideration for Hockey Ops role than GM role.

--Says Bergevin interviewed twice and has some support for Hockey Ops role, with Darche potentially as the GM with him...but says Bergevin still covets GM role and may be under consideration in Calgary

--Says Chiarelli has a close friendship to two prominent FSG people, and that nobody should close the door on him in this search.

--Claims Treliving was near the top of the Penguins list initially, but Calgary rejected interview requests. Now that they have opened those up, not sure if Penguins circle back.

--Says lots of mystery around Chayka. There was serious chatter on him mid last week, but it has died down. Reportedly in last 48 hours, Chayka camp has told Penguins if he does wish to return it will be somewhere else, not Pittsburgh.”
Some scary news - let’s hope this is just puff.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
That twitter thread reads like a deranged Taylor Swift or KPOP fan. I can't imagine being that attached to a player, let alone front office exec. :laugh:
Some men project fantasies of war, conquest and religion onto sports and some women project The Bachelor.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I was hoping Calgary would swoop in and hire one of the idiots FSG has been interviewing to save our premiere ownership from making a serious mistake.

Bowman, Bergevin, Chia, Botts, Mackinnon all still in play for FSG. Ugh.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That twitter thread reads like a deranged Taylor Swift or KPOP fan. I can't imagine being that attached to a player, let alone front office exec. :laugh:
If you read their lips, I think they're saying "leave Brendan alone"

chris-crocker-britney.gif

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Poor Jags comes to Pittsburgh and gets stuck dealing with former errand boy for the day.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Using PITT to abbreviate the city name Pittsburgh for baseball, hockey, football is like dropping the "h." Anyone from the area seeing it would instantly think that's wrong and as I said figures they don't know much about the city.

The Pitt Steelers
The Pitt Penguins
The Pitt Pirates

This is a typical kind of issue DK would be all up in arms over.
Pitt looks better and is still correct. Not sure why anyone would care lol.

I think part of the reason why Sullivan's system is boring now is because the team is littered with players who can't play it. If you have a forecheck heavy team with a defense that isn't super mobile or quick thinking and a group of fwds who aren't good at forechecking.. well.. it's gonna look like this year. I never found the Penguins "style" to be boring until this year.
Sullivan plays the players who don't forecheck well over others that do, so it's kind of his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad