Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Friedman said it would be a tiered hiring approach. I’m not sure he was saying that we’d have a GM in a week or two.

But I was listening in the shower so maybe I was wrong.
I just finally had a chance to listen to that portion of the podcast.

Friedman said that he thinks Pittsburgh is beginning the second round soon. He thinks they want to get this done in the next couple of weeks and that we might hear in the next few days some of the names that are really seriously in the mix. They talked to a lot of people in Phase 1.

He thinks they'll "do this in tiers - there's going to be a top hockey person, there's going to be a GM, and then there might be some other things that they do."

He says it wouldn't surprise him if the Penguins get it all done in the next week or two.

As for Dubas, Friedman has thought that the Leafs will work something out with him, but he acknowledged the second round performance has thrown a wrench into everything, so who knows.

So, I do think Friedman believes this will wrap in the next couple of weeks. Which would mean the Penguins announce the leadership team just like they announced Burke and Hextall together.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Full list? No. But 5 confirmed names, although some can be for President.

I can't say I give a f*** about any of those guys, but that's to be expected I guess. Gotta be retreads, as per tradition.

Botterill, Chayka? Eh. Not really interested in anybody from the Rangers--whose only players worth a damn handpicked NYC because of the living situation, not because of the team itself. Less interested in a guy involved in trading his team's entire draft for Tanner f***ing Jeannot. :laugh: And for the love of f***, if this team hires Bergevin... :laugh:

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We can show them how to always lose in the 1st round.

Or not make the playoffs at all.
Yeah probably so, but I do think that he would be a good guy to help develop young Talent. So it might be a means to an end. So that we're a good team by 2028 or 2029. That's what I'm looking forward to

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like Dubas is one guy that might not wanna come here. He’ll probably have interest from other teams and would wanna go somewhere that’s starting at the bottom or at least has a younger core.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I feel like Dubas is one guy that might not wanna come here. He’ll probably have interest from other teams and would wanna go somewhere that’s starting at the bottom or at least has a younger core.
At the same time maybe the ownership style would be suitable for him. They would probably give him more power than MLSE did.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I really gotta wonder if Sid's gonna reup after his deal runs its course. I know he said he wants to play a few more years but he's gonna be 38 the summer his deal is up and this team's already been on a steady decline for years. I know hockey's been his entire life, *for* his entire life, but I can't imagine he's gonna be 100% all-in on playing through more NHL seasons getting the shit kicked out of him while this team's fighting for its life for 6 months to be in the WC hunt. :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I really gotta wonder if Sid's gonna reup after his deal runs its course. I know he said he wants to play a few more years but he's gonna be 38 the summer his deal is up and this team's already been on a steady decline for years. I know hockey's been his entire life, *for* his entire life, but I can't imagine he's gonna be 100% all-in on playing through more NHL seasons getting the shit kicked out of him while this team's fighting for its life for 6 months to be in the WC hunt. :laugh:
He will sign with the Oilers. :sarcasm:

McDrai
Crosby

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Will depend on health and the state of the team at the time.
I'd have 0 problems with him playing in Colorado for a year or something. He's earned that.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
His legacy is set. I don't think he'll chase a cup elsewhere.

If he wants to keep playing it will be here until he's done. I think knowing him he's a guy who thinks it's important to play his career in one place.

As for seeing the writing on the wall of where the team is headed...NHL players are different than us. I imagine that unless the Pens become truly horrible that Sid will believe we have a chance to compete even if the previous year wasn't good.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see. Sid's a competitive guy and I think a lot of that is enjoying playing hockey when there's a chance (even a slim one) of making noise in the playoffs. Another season or two of this last season's shit show and I wonder if Sid still has the drive to stick around.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see. Sid's a competitive guy and I think a lot of that is enjoying playing hockey when there's a chance (even a slim one) of making noise in the playoffs. Another season or two of this last season's shit show and I wonder if Sid still has the drive to stick around.

Honestly think Sid retires if the team looks like shit before he goes to another squad tbh

Reactions: HandshakeLine

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I can't say I give a f*** about any of those guys, but that's to be expected I guess. Gotta be retreads, as per tradition.

Botterill, Chayka? Eh. Not really interested in anybody from the Rangers--whose only players worth a damn handpicked NYC because of the living situation, not because of the team itself. Less interested in a guy involved in trading his team's entire draft for Tanner f***ing Jeannot. :laugh: And for the love of f***, if this team hires Bergevin... :laugh:
I looked up Chayka's trade and draft history. Some misses, like with all GMs, but the overall level is pretty solid. There's logic in his moves. Not my #1 candidate, but I'd be optimistic with him in charge.
It's important to remember that Arizona GMs are strapped with the internal cap and the organization doesn't have the clout to bring high caliber players very easily.
Don't really care about the ugly way in which it ended if it has no bearing on what he'd do here.
We really only need like 2 full, good years from him. After that he can f*** off, if that's what he wants.

Reactions: Jacob

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Rob Rossi
@Real_RobRossi
·
9h
Maple Leafs lose.
And now things get interesting with Penguins’ GM search. Gerbil Boy again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad