Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Burns have little to do with the canes success. It's spelled Brind'Amour, Slavin, Pesce and culture/structure.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Let’s establish that premiere front office I’ve had to hear about since the day FSG bought the team. The mom and pop shop style of running this team needs to end.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Is there even time to clean house at the very top, with only six weeks until the draft and free agency period begins?

If not, if you’re going with Shanahan into the next phase of major decisions, then the question becomes: Do you commit to Dubas on a new long-term deal, given there are potentially other organizations interested and driving up the price?

And, even if you do want to commit, does Dubas still want to stay?

It’s not exactly the league’s best-kept secret that Shanahan and Dubas have been somewhat at odds this season, something evident in the fact they haven’t watched many games together, a change from years past.

Is that schism deep enough to mean a GM change is coming for certain? I don’t believe so, no. This isn’t going to be about personality conflicts. But it’s also clear that keeping this front office together will be far more complicated than simply coming up with a modest extension offer for the incumbent.

Dubas, those close to him say, will want to be paid handsomely, especially if there are other offers from the likes of Pittsburgh, Calgary or even division rival Ottawa. And he will want greater job security and autonomy within whatever structure Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment settles on.

Getting the GM situation set quickly will be step one for the franchise. And it’s a huge one because all the other pieces are going to be connected to it.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The Rags want to replace a coach that didn’t have playoff success for one season, who didn’t make any adjustments. Is Mike Sullivan really their solution?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If the Rangers want Sullivan so much, why can’t we trade him there for their next two first round picks Lol? Use our two first round picks to move up into the top 10 of this draft …who says no?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Burns does make me more confident that Petry and Letang can still play better than they did despite their ages. He was looking a bit cooked in San Jose. Dudes had his share of injuries too.

I think insulation and simplicity is key.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Just so the Pants Shitters can feel a Kindred spirit with Laff Fans They are blaming Dubas for The Core shitting the bed

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Easy no on Dubas.

Awful GM who has no idea how to build a playoff team, and who is always on the losing end of salary negotiations.

Guentzel is the only salary negotiation we really have.

There's also something about learning hard lessons - and he's coming off some big ones (notably Tavares) - but it's not exactly like he didn't put his team in position to succeed. When your top guys only get 3 goals in a series how is that on you? Though I'm not saying he's perfect.

What I will say is Dubas / Keefe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything / Sullivan.

The writing is on the wall here and like I said yesterday I'll be very, very surprised if Dubas isn't in Pittsburgh by Friday. If he brings Keefe even better. Chips on their shoulders and all.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
What I will say is Dubas / Keefe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything / Sullivan.
This is the big thing for me. Sullivan has been under two different GMs now and has a bunch of different rosters over 6 years now and they still havent done shit. Barring the new GM making the best trades in NHL history, nothing going to change with Sullivan still here.

Reactions: Rave7215

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This is the big thing for me. Sullivan has been under two different GMs now and has a bunch of different rosters over 6 years now and they still havent done shit. Barring the new GM making the best trades in NHL history, nothing going to change with Sullivan still here.

Yes but evidently Mike Sullivan is like the only coach in the league who doesn't have any input at all on his roster so he can't be blamed for that, either.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't know whether I'd be stoked for Dubas or not. On one hand, I'm completely done with all the musical chairs, retread shit in the FO. On the other, he doesn't seem like an absolute moron like JR or Hextall, so who knows.

I think I'd still much rather have the mad scientist from Carolina.

• Haha
Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know whether I'd be stoked for Dubas or not. On one hand, I'm completely done with all the musical chairs, retread shit in the FO. On the other, he doesn't seem like an absolute moron like JR or Hextall, so who knows.

I think I'd still much rather have the mad scientist from Carolina.
I like how aggressive Dubas is, and that he hasn't seemed to sign all that many bad contracts in Toronto.

He did strike out with his depth moves in Toronto, but not in the way Hextall did where he loaded that roster down with McGinns or Granlunds. He just got rentals that didn't work out.

He's also young so hopefully that leaves him better positioned to not be a dinosaur set in his ways and maybe he can learn from his mistakes there and come out of it a better gm.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I like how aggressive Dubas is, and that he hasn't seemed to sign all that many bad contracts in Toronto.

He did strike out with his depth moves in Toronto, but not in the way Hextall did where he loaded that roster down with McGinns or Granlunds. He just got rentals that didn't work out.

He's also young so hopefully that leaves him better positioned to not be a dinosaur set in his ways and maybe he can learn from his mistakes there and come out of it a better gm.
Yeah, the huge contracts happened when Dubas seemed to be more green than he is now. I dunno. We'll see, I guess. I will say though, that I'd take Dubas over pretty much anybody linked to this team--reliably or not (not).

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah, the huge contracts happened when Dubas seemed to be more green than he is now. I dunno. We'll see, I guess. I will say though, that I'd take Dubas over pretty much anybody linked to this team--reliably or not (not).
Of the names that Seravalli mentioned I wouldn't mind Darche but yeah not a huge fan of Botterill or Bergevin or Chayka.

I mean I don't think any of them would be terrible but they wouldn't be my first choices.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
There's also something about learning hard lessons - and he's coming off some big ones (notably Tavares)
Why does this only apply to Doobler though?

I can point at any half baked GM, like Chayka…imagine all the hard lessons he’s learned by now?

Give me the guys with a track record of success.

Dubas has a track record of total failure.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Of the names that Seravalli mentioned I wouldn't mind Darche but yeah not a huge fan of Botterill or Bergevin or Chayka.

I mean I don't think any of them would be terrible but they wouldn't be my first choices.
I want nothing to do with a guy who was part of the FO who traded an entire draft for Tanner Jeannot. :laugh: He's only higher on the list than a dipshit like Bergevin or a total scumbag like Bowman. Don't really know much about Chayka, which could be a good thing or a bad thing. Botterill is meh at best imo.

Reactions: KareemTrustfund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad