Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I thought they fired Treliving. So him taking another gig would void his contract. Maybe *he* left and they are deciding to stick it to him.

Either way he sucks.

With Chayka I’d be concerned that due to his age and history he’s become a bit of a persona non grata in the GM club house. Not being part of that in-group would be a kiss of death for any GM.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
This job would be a career stopper for Tulsky. He'd be way better off taking a GM job with a team with a emerging young core.

Set your expectations lower. The job will be taken by an experienced GM on the down slope of his career that's looking for a 3 year gig. In 3 or 4 years we'll be looking for another new GM to rebuild a new team out of the Sid/Geno ashes.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
This job would be a career stopper for Tulsky. He'd be way better off taking a GM job with a team with a emerging young core.

Set your expectations lower. The job will be taken by an experienced GM on the down slope of his career that's looking for a 3 year gig. In 3 or 4 years we'll be looking for another new GM to rebuild a new team out of the Sid/Geno ashes.
YES! Career Stopper with a Mega Billion $ owner to use it

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I thought they fired Treliving. So him taking another gig would void his contract. Maybe *he* left and they are deciding to stick it to him.

Either way he sucks.

With Chayka I’d be concerned that due to his age and history he’s become a bit of a persona non grata in the GM club house. Not being part of that in-group would be a kiss of death for any GM.
I think Treliving walked away and they’re being petty about it

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
The only way to successfully counter the Flyers hiring Keith Jones is to make Craig Adams GM.
While we are at it, might as well make Tanner Glass the Assistant GM :\.

I like Dubas that he isn't shy about making moves. We can silently right off in the sunset, or lay the cards on the table, and gamble for another ride! I do believe Dubas can do that! Make moves.

Whether he's capable of making the moves that actually impact the team and win? He didn't do to badly in Toronto, except for Matt Murray.

Reactions: TNT87

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see. Sid's a competitive guy and I think a lot of that is enjoying playing hockey when there's a chance (even a slim one) of making noise in the playoffs. Another season or two of this last season's shit show and I wonder if Sid still has the drive to stick around.
Will depend on health and the state of the team at the time.
I'd have 0 problems with him playing in Colorado for a year or something. He's earned that.
I don't think Sid will ever play for another team or anything like that, I think the one team thing really matters to him. I'm just saying when it's time to decide whether to keep playing or hang them up at 38, I don't think it'd be a surprise for him to just stop playing and join the FO or something. This team's been on a steady downturn for years, and it ain't getting better imo. Cap situation's a mess, much of the roster is locked in with lengthy deals, prospect situation's a mess.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It would be typical of this organization if they actually decided to FINALLY get rid of Sullivan, only to bring in tweedle dee and tweedle dum from Toronto. Geesus bleeping christ.

More likely, Sullivan gets promoted to GM, Dubas gets promoted to president of Hockey operations and Sheldon Keefe is our savior behind the bench. The Penguins are so arrogant right now, they probably believe they can get the "puck luck" with Dubas/Keefe that was missing in Toronto. smh

This situation is pretty much hopeless. This team has absolutely no clue anymore about how to construct a winner. None. And in terms of assets, we are possibly further away from the ultimate goal than all but 3-5 franchises right now. Maybe less.

For me, there is only one candidate (who is being bandied about in the rumor mill) that sounds interesting, who MIGHT be able to get something promising done. That is Mathieu Darche. At least he is with a winning program, something the Leafs are not and let's face it...we are no longer.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
It would be typical of this organization if they actually decided to FINALLY get rid of Sullivan, only to bring in tweedle dee and tweedle dum from Toronto. Geesus bleeping christ.

More likely, Sullivan gets promoted to GM, Dubas gets promoted to president of Hockey operations and Sheldon Keefe is our savior behind the bench. The Penguins are so arrogant right now, they probably believe they can get the "puck luck" with Dubas/Keefe that was missing in Toronto. smh

This situation is pretty much hopeless. This team has absolutely no clue anymore about how to construct a winner. None. And in terms of assets, we are possibly further away from the ultimate goal than all but 3-5 franchises right now. Maybe less.

For me, there is only one candidate (who is being bandied about in the rumor mill) that sounds interesting, who MIGHT be able to get something promising done. That is Mathieu Darche. At least he is with a winning program, something the Leafs are not and let's face it...we are no longer.
Take Your Meds

FSGDontScrewUp

Apr 25, 2023

This is my expectation as well. I will pray to the hockey gods that if we take this route that we also hire a young up and comer as an assistant GM who is not quite ready to handle the GM job but that we can groom to do it in the future. That is similar to what Toronto did with Dubas under Lou and maybe what Carolina is doing with Tulsky under Wadell.
We've been discussing the GM, but what we really need is a strong front office. Nowadays, it's not just one hockey man running the show. Lets try and hire one or two of these names:
  • Eric Tulsky: He's highly regarded and has a great reputation, but some hockey people may not respect him for being a bit of a "nerdier" guy. I'm not sure if Carolina would be willing to let him go.
  • Sam Ventura: He's very intelligent and has connections to Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if he has what it takes to be a GM or if he's just an analytics guy.
  • Alexandra Mandryck: She's very smart and well-liked, and she would be the first female GM. But would she do well in the role?
  • Jeff Greenberg: He's a unique outsider who currently works for the Chicago Blackhawks but comes from the MLB. He has connections to Mario Lemieux, but I'm not sure if he has enough experience in hockey.
  • Zac Urback: He's a younger guy with a good reputation. Friedman brought up his name on 31 Thoughts, but questioned if he was too young to be a GM.
  • Arik Parnass: Won the cup last year. Another young analytics guy who was mentioned on Friedman's podcast, but like Urback, he may be too young.
  • Tyler Dellow: He's extremely smart, but not well-liked. He's not a good ambassador.
  • Matt Cane: He's a nice and smart guy, but he seems more like an analytics guy than a GM.
  • Cam Lawrence: He's a smart guy, but he's not really a hockey guy. Some articles have been pushing his name, but I'm not sure if he's the right fit for the role because there was a lot of issues when he was involved with Florida.
  • Meghan Chayka: She's controversial and has never worked in the NHL, but she runs an analytics company. It's hard to say if she has the necessary qualifications for the job.
We should cross Tulsky off this list, but FSG can target one of these people or someone who similarly fits the bill to be that AGM that we groom as our future GM.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The Canes basically win regardless of who’s playing or who’s in net. Not solely but significantly a system/culture thing. I mean they have highly skilled players but on paper they’re having way more success than you’d expect. And they seek out bargains and buy low and sell high (like d’Angelo). That’s kinda what we need with our aging core and weak prospect pool. We need a smooth transition from a team built around 3-4 future HOFers to a team built around 10-12 quality players contributing at or above their cap hit.

If Tulsky can bring some of that I’m on board.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, the Canes have building down to a T. I don't think they're an enjoyable watch or anything, but they're always competitive. That's how a team's gotta do it because the elite talents are so few and far between in the draft, and even then, they don't mean success.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Canes did a great job with their depth. Svechnikov and Pacioretty and Terevainen hurt and they keep rolling because their depth produces.

That used to be us but no longer.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
At the same time maybe the ownership style would be suitable for him. They would probably give him more power than MLSE did.
No ownership group would give him more power than here. FSG doesn’t give a f*** about running the team, they don’t want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad