Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
How bout the Players, They couldn't even beat the worst team in the League in what was for all intents & purposes "DO OR DIE"

YEP
again, players did not play well no one disputes that, but its not like he picked them off the street, these are the same players that played fine for him, understand if this this was one game elimination, this was a whole season or wash rinse repeat without any changes in direction. There is a thing called "training camp" and another thing called "practice"...thats where you gain your muscle memory repeating the exit and entries strategies, PP schemes, PK schemes, etc...none of that was there.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm not here to stick up for Hextall but the roster he assembled was still one win away over one of the worst teams in the league, at home, with the other team on the second half of a back-to-back, and they lost, just like they've lost every game they've needed to win under Mike Sullivan for the past five seasons.
Well, they honestly should not have been in that position to begin with. The deadline acquisitions were all crap or injured. Most of them did not make any sense from the start.

Sullivan should have been gone a few years ago, but, this year, he was not the biggest problem. Hextall was.

Now, would I have fired Sullivan if I were in charge? 100%. I would have done it two years ago.

Reactions: ericstrat1

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Rumblings up north have already started that FSG plans to go full press on Dubas if not kept around in Toronto. For what it's worth.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I exist in a world where the GM sucks, and the coach also needs to be changed. I just choose not to overreact to obvious business decisions either.
Where is the obvious business decision in announcing that you would be having the coach "assist the transition" unless you are certain this is the coach you want for next season? Or re-signing said coach more than a year before his contract expired?

It could be just empty corporate talk but it just feels weird to make such a reassuring statement when your coach is clearly not itching to leave anyway.

Reactions: dueling mullets

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Wonder if Burkie / Hextall come out and say something to media in the coming weeks about ownership protecting Sully.

Anyone else remember those comments from Burke a few months back where he got super defensive after being asked about Sully's job security?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Burke's legacy here - more worried about what players on other teams are wearing practice jerseys than preparing a team to win.

Hextall - More worried about re-signing old players than trying to infuse youth. Dude was a complete disaster.

Sully - AS STUBBORN as Bylsma. Team only listens to the coach for 3-4 years. Fire him immediately.

No Jarry. No Zucker. No Dumo. Trade Rust. Give away Granlund to anyone who will take him. Go absolute youth movement. Trade Petterson.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Flyers fans want that dude really bad, so we probably don't.
Well he's a guy who is pretty heavy into analytics and uncovering players' strengths.

Our head coach watched Bryan Rust score 2 ES points in 20 games and thought it was good enough to keep him stapled to Geno or Sid. I want someone who is going to push back against Sullivan's delusions and stubbornness with real data.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Correct, he's a fraud just like Stanley Cup cup-winner Disco Dan (who's out of the league btw).

I actually have a thread idea pointing to something like this. It will be up in a couple of days. I think it's the most obvious thing of all time but i'm shocked GMs/Owners can't see it.

Reactions: Andy99

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so firing sullivan imo, doesn't make sense right now.
give him competent goal tending.
better complimentary pieces for the 3 and if results aren't there then fire him, that seems to make the most sense to me.

while sullivan might have some blame in all this, the supportting cast got worse by a lot, our goal tending already was iffy and it got worse as well. I also argue our defense is older, slower and worse then it was as well.

Pretty much every move that Hextall made (or lack thereof in the case of goal tending) to make the team "better" for this season was actually code for "much worse"

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Ah, to be a fly on the wall when Sully does a player evaluation for Rust...

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Burke's legacy here - more worried about what players on other teams are wearing practice jerseys than preparing a team to win.

Hextall - More worried about re-signing old players than trying to infuse youth. Dude was a complete disaster.

Sully - AS STUBBORN as Bylsma. Team only listens to the coach for 3-4 years. Fire him immediately.

No Jarry. No Zucker. No Dumo. Trade Rust. Give away Granlund to anyone who will take him. Go absolute youth movement. Trade Petterson.
I hope New GM Can decide if he wants Sullivan, BUT with how much talk there was on how much FSG Loves Sullivan I don't think the new GM will

Reactions: ColePens

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Youth movement? Who do you bring in? You do not have any really good prospects ready to make the jump.

You put "meh" guys in hoping to hit a HR like we did with Rust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad