Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
That's just absolutely ludicrous to say. The GM is the one who gave a f*** ton of useless garbage to the coach. Sure the coach misused that garbage, but he also won 2 Stanley Cups. Lets not act like he's the worst coach in the league either. God damn recency bias.
Remind me when the Pens last won a playoff series?

Sullivan might not be the worst coach in the league but it's painfully obvious this team needs someone else in charge because it's as stale and complacent as they come. A coach doesn't need to be the worst coach in the league to be way past his expiration date for his current team. See DeBoer, Peter and the massive difference between his early seasons and his final ones at a given team.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
You know damn well they will consult him during the interview process. Hell, he will probably give them names of people to interview. You are a fool if you honestly believe there is a chance in hell Sully won’t be back next season.
Honestly I hope they just go with a Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines thing and announce they’ve hired Miles Mulligan as GM and it’s it’s just Sully with glasses on.

Then they keep it going for 10 years without ever acknowledging they’re the same person.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Shame on everyone that fought me over Ron friggin Hextall over the last 2+ years.

Please don’t hold the next GM to the “at least he’s better than Ron Hextall” bar that so many held Hextall to. The bar should be a reasonable GM, not the previous train wreck.

Reactions: dueling mullets

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
obviously you too. I like the guy, I just think he has done nothing, absolutely nothing to get best out of this team. I would be curious to hear from you what has he done right in the last 4 years (and I could list some things here). When you blow a dozen third period leads, there is something about preparation, physical and mental training, strategy also if you will, when your special teams are not working the way should be working, thats coaching, I mean do you really really think he has done good job managing this roster.
I don't believe that poster is a Penguins fan. No sense arguing with them.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
0DF2EAF6-7CA6-4C8C-843C-34401E24A61D.jpeg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Based off of reality, and how teams usually do business, but sure. Lets just overreact to everything like we always do if we don't get what we want immediately.

f*** sake.

If Sullivan actually had any chance to be fired, he wouldn't be assisting in hockey ops.

I'm not "overreacting" to anything. I just know for a fact that FSG isn't going to bring in a GM who will fire Sullivan.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Having Sullivan assist in the GM search instantly limits interested potential GM's. Who wants to be the Pens GM if they can't even pick the coach they see fit for the team?
It also limits accountability for the coach, cuz he's gonna try to get a friend hired. Someone he's comfortable with.

What a joke this organization is becoming. FSG don't know shit about hockey so they're just handing off the reigns to who's left 🤣.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Sullivan might not be the worst coach in the league but it's painfully obvious this team needs someone else in charge because it's as stale and complacent as they come. A coach doesn't need to be the worst coach in the league to be way past his expiration date for his current team. See DeBoer, Peter and the massive difference between his early seasons and his final ones at a given team.
I exist in a world where the GM sucks, and the coach also needs to be changed. I just choose not to overreact to obvious business decisions either. I think that if we actually have a competent GM, we may have a better chance at least than we did this past year.

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

If Sullivan actually had any chance to be fired, he wouldn't be assisting in hockey ops.

I'm not "overreacting" to anything. I just know for a fact that FSG isn't going to bring in a GM who will fire Sullivan.

Oh, so you spoke to people on the inside then? Then back to my previous statement. I didn't realize we had an insider here.

I'm happy Hextall is gone. I said what I said, now back to never coming around here again and you can pretend the world is still ending like always.

Reactions: ericstrat1

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh, so you spoke to people on the inside then? Then back to my previous statement. I didn't realize we had an insider here.

I'm happy Hextall is gone. I said what I said, now back to never coming around here again and you can pretend the world is still ending like always.

It's hilarious that you keep clinging to this bullshit as if you didn't do the exact same thing.

Reactions: Rave7215

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022

How bout the Players, They couldn't even beat the worst team in the League in what was for all intents & purposes "DO OR DIE"

and this is truth that none of those Pens pundits want to bring it up. It was pretty much their call with Mario insisting to add BB to the mix
YEP

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
At this point, they should just offer Sullivan the GM position. He will then be able to pick the players he really wants and, if he fails again, the failure will be all his.

This year, yeah, you can blame him for some stuff, but the deadline was botched so badly that you can hardly pin it on the coach.

That being said, I was against Hextall from the start. He failed badly in Philly and he is a Flyer through and through. That was never going to work.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
That's just absolutely ludicrous to say. The GM is the one who gave a f*** ton of useless garbage to the coach. Sure the coach misused that garbage, but he also won 2 Stanley Cups. Lets not act like he's the worst coach in the league either. God damn recency bias.

It's not ludicrous. He still thinks his "system" from 2016 can work, and he has repeatedly tried to shoehorn players into it. There are plenty of glaring examples in that regard.

Every year since the first cup run has been a noticeable trending down from the prior year in terms of end results. He has underachieved for going on 5 years now. With different GMs/players/etc. There's one consistent factor. Is it Hextall's fault we blew 20 leads in the 3rd period this season?

And I thought Hextall should go as well, to be honest. He's terrible. But as I said above, the slide/lack of results predates him.

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
This year, yeah, you can blame him for some stuff, but the deadline was botched so badly that you can hardly pin it on the coach.
I'm not here to stick up for Hextall but the roster he assembled was still one win away over one of the worst teams in the league, at home, with the other team on the second half of a back-to-back, and they lost, just like they've lost every game they've needed to win under Mike Sullivan for the past five seasons.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Dan Bylsma didn’t get to help in the hiring process of Jim Rutherford… because there was a possibility of him getting fired and they wanted the new GM to come in and evaluate him… Sullivan assisting with the GM search is a definite indication he’s going absolutely nowhere. It also lines up with what everyone has been saying. FSG supposedly loves the guy and thinks he’s a great coach. The best hope at this point is the new GM comes in and forces Sully’s hand into playing a different style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad