Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
yeah, not happening with only a month until the draft…going to have to use scouting that was done by the prior administration…it’s one reason I’m itching to move our #14 pick lol…total lack of confidence we’ll pick the right prosepect…
You know they're gonna snag somebody like Conor Garland with the 14th if they deal it, right? :laugh:

I have more faith in absolutely dumb lucking into a good/great prospect than I do that this team will utilize a relatively low value 1st rounder optimally. :laugh:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Rossi and Yohe should have their article scrutinized.

But I find it fascinating that everyone immediately believes Dejan when he's been beating the anti-FSG drum, claiming they're absentee, when the reality was Beeston was around all season.

DK also has a vendetta against the Athletic because they poached Yohe and Mark Kaboly from his site.

Maybe Yohe and Rossi's story is crap. But Dejan ain't innocent and has his own biases.

Dubas being investigated

Very curious this emerges now when it appears to have been a potential issue all season.

Reactions: MrBurghundy

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

But I find it fascinating that everyone immediately believes Dejan when he's been beating the anti-FSG drum, claiming they're absentee, when the reality was Beeston was around all season.

DK also has a vendetta against the Athletic because they poached Yohe and Mark Kaboly from his site.

Maybe Yohe and Rossi's story is crap. But Dejan ain't innocent and has his own biases.

Very curious this emerges now when it appears to have been a potential issue all season.

DK is a jack ass too.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

I don’t trust DK either, but they’re caught in at least one lie already regarding Blueger and that’s not even close to the least believable part of the story

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

DK literally quoted an interview that Blueger gave that showed the Athletic article flat out lied about at least 1 thing.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
As for Dubas being investigated all of a sudden, yea that reeks of Toronto ownership being petty. I can’t imagine anything meaningful comes of it, maybe Dubas is forced to switch agents or something.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
One of the main voices pushing back against DK's claims of absentee ownership was Taylor Haase...who works for DK. Amazing stuff.

As for Dubas being investigated all of a sudden, yea that reeks of Toronto ownership being petty. I can’t imagine anything meaningful comes of it, maybe Dubas is forced to switch agents or something

The last time a much-maligned individual came from Toronto to Pittsburgh with the Leaf media slinging arrows at his back as he left, it seemed to work out okay. Does anyone know how Dubas feels about......hot dogs?

Reactions: Darren McCord

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I saw that article posted on r/hockey yesterday and immediately said "hey these guys have no connections or credibility, you can ignore this" and got a couple replies defending them. Justice is served

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I know it's Walsh and he's usually unhinged but I wonder if there's any fire to this smoke.

He's also saying Bettman is being pressured by several owners of bigger market teams to push the cap up more than the $1 million it's expected.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How about this... they all suck.

It's fun when they all start fighting with each other, though. It at least provides some justification for their employment.

They all suck but at least DK is bringing receipts here for why Rossi especially sucks.

The story with Blueger didn't even make sense in the first place. Burke had his faults, but professionalism was never one of them. The story that Blueger gave seems infinitely more believable than what the Athletic tried to say.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They all suck but at least DK is bringing receipts here for why Rossi especially sucks.

The story with Blueger didn't even make sense in the first place. Burke had his faults, but professionalism was never one of them. The story that Blueger gave seems infinitely more believable than what the Athletic tried to say.

Hey no argument, here. DK has it in him to do good work, honestly. He just chooses not to for whatever reason.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hey no argument, here. DK has it in him to do good work, honestly. He just chooses not to for whatever reason.

He's too busy trying to pressure his employees to have three-ways with him.

But speaking of his employees, he actually does have a knack for hiring really good writers. Hasse is the best writer in Pittsburgh IMO and there's another guy on his staff that is really good too.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You know they're gonna snag somebody like Conor Garland with the 14th if they deal it, right? :laugh:

I have more faith in absolutely dumb lucking into a good/great prospect than I do that this team will utilize a relatively low value 1st rounder optimally. :laugh:
Unlikely. The Canucks are desperate to off-load him and may even have to add a sweetener, based on the response we're hearing they're getting from potential suitors.
I still think it's the best way to spend 5M at the winger position, based on the current market. I don't think you're gonna find someone that helps more here unless you pay more.
He's the type of player that would get the usage to succeed under Sullivan. He would like his forechecking and tenacity and consistent effort.

Yeah, he wouldn't get PP1 here, but then he's rarely had it during his career. He's not dependant on the PP to produce, which is perfect for us.
I don't see who they'd acquire that would get PP1 anyway, unless it's like Miller or a high end offensive defenseman to reduce Letang's minutes.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Yea I don’t like Burke at all and he does not at all seem like the guy who would do that. He famously has his own internal trade freezes to treat players families right near the holidays and such.

Reactions: Sideline

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He's too busy trying to pressure his employees to have three-ways with him.

But speaking of his employees, he actually does have a knack for hiring really good writers. Hasse is the best writer in Pittsburgh IMO and there's another guy on his staff that is really good too.

Tough not to like Haase. She keeps it straightforward, level headed and professional. That's mostly why... shouldn't be hard to do but here we are.

The other one you are thinking of is Danny Shirey. Seems like a pretty solid guy.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I don’t trust DK either, but they’re caught in at least one lie already regarding Blueger and that’s not even close to the least believable part of the story
I actually watched the Blueger video...he doesn't say he initially found out from Burke, but that Burke did talk to him.

Like any incident, there can be two perspectives. Blueger may have found out from social media and walked out, and then Burke may have spoken to him at some other point.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Unlikely. The Canucks are desperate to off-load him and may even have to add a sweetener, based on the response we're hearing they're getting from potential suitors.
I still think it's the best way to spend 5M at the winger position, based on the current market. I don't think you're gonna find someone that helps more here unless you pay more.
He's the type of player that would get the usage to succeed under Sullivan. He would like his forechecking and tenacity and consistent effort.

Yeah, he wouldn't get PP1 here, but then he's rarely had it during his career. He's not dependant on the PP to produce, which is perfect for us.
I don't see who they'd acquire that would get PP1 anyway, unless it's like Miller or a high end offensive defenseman to reduce Letang's minutes.
The last guy that fit that "desperate to off-load" thing was Kap and this team dealt the 15th overall for him. :laugh:

I can't f***ing stand the thought of this team paying another smaller, 40-50pt, middle-6 winger $5 million with term. I know you've got a soft spot for Garland, but I'm pretty much the opposite end of the scale as far as he goes. Hope he's dealt before this team even has a chance to make an offer, tbh.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Just mentioned this in another post, but his receipts aren't as damning as he thinks. There is a way for both of them to be somewhat right.

I will say his claim that there are no editors at The Athletic is just outright false and really rich coming from a guy running a website that has its reporters edit each other rather than have dedicated editors like a newspaper or The Athletic.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah let's also look at the Blueger story from a third aspect: how tight lipped the Penguins were under Hextall and Burke. The Penguins basically did not let any information leak during the Hextall era, they were extremely closed off and any sort of news was always coming from the other side. The idea that a trade involving them would be leaked way before the players knew about it makes no sense either, just based on how Hextall operated.

Now that DK linked Blueger literally giving a different telling of how the trade went down, it's really easy to look at it critically and realize how little it made sense.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I actually watched the Blueger video...he doesn't say he initially found out from Burke, but that Burke did talk to him.

Like any incident, there can be two perspectives. Blueger may have found out from social media and walked out, and then Burke may have spoken to him at some other point.
Blue literally said when Burke told him to come see him, he assumed it meant a trade or waivers. I dont think theres any other way to interpret that than Burke was the first one to let Blue know.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just mentioned this in another post, but his receipts aren't as damning as he thinks. There is a way for both of them to be somewhat right.

I will say his claim that there are no editors at The Athletic is just outright false and really rich coming from a guy running a website that has its reporters edit each other rather than have dedicated editors like a newspaper or The Athletic.

No there isn't?

Blueger said that Burke called him and his dad into his office, and Blueger said "you know what it's about, I was just hoping I went to a good place". Nothing there supports the idea that he learned about it from social media, because he wouldn't say "you know what it's about, I was just hoping I went to a good place" if he knew he was getting traded to Vegas.

Not only that, it's also a series of events that don't align with how Burke or Hextall operated at all. Burke is a seasoned NHL executive that doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would let players find out about trades in this manner, plus Hextall did not allow for any player leaks on any trades while he was here. The story just doesn't make any sense, you have to believe that Rossi is telling the truth to not immediately dismiss it.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
At this rate this is how the next GM is going to draft for us and find our UFA targets.

1685043215467.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad