Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Like, centaur? Or... uhhhhh, worse.

I mean... there is no "hey that's cool!" option, here. IIRC it was basically centaur stuff though I mean... that's just based on the ones she chose to post.

I might have even saved some of these masterpieces. I'll have to look on my backup drive from like three computer builds ago, though.

We could have had this for years, but he needed to write alcoholic / gambling insinuations about Despres instead.

Really shows that his coverage is based on how much he likes the GM

Haha... remember when dude went full meltdown in the comments on reddit about one of his articles? It was actually about the Despres trade I think and defending what a special boy Disco Dan was and how us peons just didn't get it.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I mean... there is no "hey that's cool!" option, here. IIRC it was basically centaur stuff though I mean... that's just based on the ones she chose to post.

I might have even saved some of these masterpieces. I'll have to look on my backup drive from like three computer builds ago, though.

Haha... remember when dude went full meltdown in the comments on reddit about one of his articles? It was actually about the Despres trade I think and defending what a special boy Disco Dan was and us peons just didn't get it.
The Despres shit was personal with him. I’ve never seen anything quite like it (though some of the Toronto media vs Phil was similar)

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
My first real introduction to Dejan was the whole Despres shit where he covered for the organization/GM's ass by implying Despres had serious issues off the ice, and Dejan's absolutely personal hatred for Bennett. :laugh: Just laying into the kid every game. Which, Bennett sucked, but still. Dude was in and out of full body casts on any given week. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Despres shit was personal with him. I’ve never seen anything quite like it (though some of the Toronto media vs Phil was similar)

Yeah it was a bizzare fight to pick.

Though I suppose I should be careful with leveling that particular accusation at other people haha

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah it was a bizzare fight to pick.

Though I suppose I should be careful with leveling that particular accusation at other people haha
You’re not in the media (I assume). There’s a different level of responsibility when you’re supposed to be reporting facts and instead try to be a high schooler passing notes

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You’re not in the media (I assume). There’s a different level of responsibility when you’re supposed to be reporting facts and instead try to be a high schooler passing notes

I can be accused of making a lot of mistakes, my friend. But not that one, no.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I don't know guys. Can we just, like, name a ****ing GM already? We're a few hours away from analysis on the job Hextall's tailor does with his in-seam.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I don't know guys. Can we just, like, name a ****ing GM already? We're a few hours away from analysis on the job Hextall's tailor does with his in-seam.

shooter-mcgavin.gif

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
I do think/hope we have a new GM either today or tomorrow. I like to think that FSG told Dubas to make a decision by this weekend. I’ve been okay with them not rushing this, I do think their process has been largely fine. But it is sort of getting to go time to announce someone.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I don't doubt that Yohe/Rossi make shit up. Well, moreso Rossi than Yohe, but probably both of them.

Yohe used to work for DK too though lol. So if he is making shit up now he probably was then too
They all make shit up. They have to because they're all arrogant jackasses who have no actual contacts in the organization.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I do think/hope we have a new GM either today or tomorrow. I like to think that FSG told Dubas to make a decision by this weekend. I’ve been okay with them not rushing this, I do think their process has been largely fine. But it is sort of getting to go time to announce someone.

It would be nice to clean out (most) of the scouting staff prior to the draft. I mean... assuming they intend to use it. The current group doesn't inspire much confidence. But clocks ticking and all that.

They all make shit up. They have to because they're all arrogant jackasses who have no actual contacts in the organization.

It seems really hard to believe considering it's their job. But I really do think this is the case, too. I don't think these guys actually have much in the way of real contacts inside the team and have largely been locked out of the process because they have proven themselves to be unprofessional shitheels time and again. They just get the same canned bullshit we do IMO and have to fill in the blanks (badly) for the rest.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It seems really hard to believe considering it's their job. But I really do think this is the case, too. I don't think these guys actually have much in the way of real contacts inside the team and have largely been locked out of the process because they have proven themselves to be unprofessional shitheels time and again. They just get the same canned bullshit we do IMO and have to fill in the blanks (badly) for the rest.
I mean the only reason they still have jobs is because there's a ton of idiots in this market that eat their bullshit up, and their bosses don't care as long as people buy the subscription.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It would be nice to clean out (most) of the scouting staff prior to the draft. I mean... assuming they intend to use it. The current group doesn't inspire much confidence. But clocks ticking and all that.

yeah, not happening with only a month until the draft…going to have to use scouting that was done by the prior administration…it’s one reason I’m itching to move our #14 pick lol…total lack of confidence we’ll pick the right prosepect…

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The most egregious part is that nobody needs to be convinced they did a bad job. You don’t need to outright lie about it. It’s just slander for clicks.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The most egregious part is that nobody needs to be convinced they did a bad job. You don’t need to outright lie about it. It’s just slander for clicks.

Yeah it's pretty obvious that they were like "yo sup Penguins dawgz I heard you hate Hextall so I put a Hextall in your Morehouse so you can subscribe while smashing that like button!"

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So, we've been talking about the GM and President positions, but it's worth noting the Pens don't have any Assistant GMs at the moment, either.

I almost wonder if they've made their decision on the GM, but are waiting to make an announcement until they have at least one AGM lined up as well.

In any case, since we've pretty much covered the top jobs to death at this point, anyone have any thoughts on possible AGM candidates?
You don’t hold up announcing a GM for an AGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad