Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I took Blueger saying "When they call you into the room at that time of the year, you know you're either traded or waived" to mean that was him finding out. I dunno if we gotta really Devil's Advocate this. Rossi and Yohe are full of shit to an embarrassing level. Always have been, always will be.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
No there isn't?

Blueger said that Burke called him and his dad into his office, and Blueger said "you know what it's about, I was just hoping I went to a good place". Nothing there supports the idea that he learned about it from social media, because he wouldn't say "you know what it's about, I was just hoping I went to a good place" if he knew he was getting traded to Vegas.

Not only that, it's also a series of events that don't align with how Burke or Hextall operated at all. Burke is a seasoned NHL executive that doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would let players find out about trades in this manner, plus Hextall did not allow for any player leaks on any trades while he was here. The story just doesn't make any sense, you have to believe that Rossi is telling the truth to not immediately dismiss it.
I disagree on Blueger. I think there is enough semantic flexibility in what he said for him to have seen he's been traded on social media, not be sure if it's accurate, be summoned by Burke to be told the details.

I don't think Rossi/Yohe made up that dinner. They were specifically told that by someone who was there. The exact accuracy can certainly be questioned though.

Also, leaks don't have to come from the Pens. There are other teams involved, plus a process of reporting trades to the league office (which is how all the national reporters seemingly get the scoop at the same time).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I disagree on Blueger. I think there is enough semantic flexibility in what he said for him to have seen he's been traded on social media, not be sure if it's accurate, be summoned by Burke to be told the details.

I don't think Rossi/Yohe made up that dinner. They were specifically told that by someone who was there. The exact accuracy can certainly be questioned though.

Also, leaks don't have to come from the Pens. There are other teams involved, plus a process of reporting trades to the league office (which is how all the national reporters seemingly get the scoop at the same time).

Then why would Blueger be so distraught that Crosby needs to care for him and say "that's not how we do this in Pittsburgh"?

Again, here was the claim:

I really don't understand why you're trying to push this as not being proven false by Blueger's interview. Was it possible that Blueger could have heard about speculation, but wasn't sure if it was true? Yeah, that is possible. But why would he "abruptly leave the restaurant" and have to have Crosby flag him down to console him if it was just speculation?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

"THAT'S NOT HOW WE DO THINGS IN PITTSBURGH." - Said Sidney Crosby, the rage in his eyes was clear. "No treat people bad" was Evgeni Malkin's response. He stumbled through his words, but the emotions were clear. These two knew what had to be done. Ron Hextall would NEVER be able to do this again to a Pittsburgh Penguin.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Larry Brooks is full of shit like 98% of the time, the other 2% he's accidentally correct.

Let's hope the Rangers really do pry Sullivan out of Pittsburgh, or hire him after the new FO fires Sullivan (which won't happen until like the midway point of next season, if they're dreadful to start, imo).

Reactions: Gurglesons

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Then why would Blueger be so distraught that Crosby needs to care for him and say "that's not how we do this in Pittsburgh"?

I really don't understand why you're trying to push this as not being proven false by Blueger's interview. Was it possible that Blueger could have heard about speculation, but wasn't sure if it was true? Yeah, that is possible. But why would he "abruptly leave the restaurant" and have to have Crosby flag him down to console him if it was just speculation?

To be clear, it absolutely seems quite possible that there is some dramatic license in the story - words like abruptly and console are doing a lot of heavy lifting.

My point is the events could still be factual. Blueger could have seen something on social media, then could have left the restaurant mid-meal because he was summoned by Burke. Crosby may have followed as captain and longtime teammate, and not been happy with the news once he learned the full details.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Loved this picture of Hextall from the Yohe and Rossi article for non subscribers.

1685044584574.png

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
"THAT'S NOT HOW WE DO THINGS IN PITTSBURGH." - Said Sidney Crosby, the rage in his eyes was clear. "No treat people bad" was Evgeni Malkin's response. He stumbled through his words, but the emotions were clear. These two knew what had to be done. Ron Hextall would NEVER be able to do this again to a Pittsburgh Penguin.
If nothing else, the last 24 hours have really opened the door for some incredible fan fiction from Pens fans.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
To be clear, it absolutely seems quite possible that there is some dramatic license in the story - words like abruptly and console are doing a lot of heavy lifting.

My point is the events could still be factual. Blueger could have seen something on social media, then could have left the restaurant mid-meal because he was summoned by Burke. Crosby may have followed as captain and longtime teammate, and not been happy with the news once he learned the full details.

Some? LOL

That shit read like a 20 year old's hit piece on some guy who wronged them.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

I don't think that Yohe and Rossi completely made things up out of whole cloth, but I do think they likely misinterpreted some things, and then jumped to conclusions/made up some of the finer details.

For instance, consider this possibility:
Team was at the dinner. Mid-dinner, Blueger and his father get called to Burke's room - thus them both leaving the table. This actually matches both accounts.
Crosby likely follows after them to make sure they know they're welcome to return to the table and finish dinner with the team, even though he's no longer a member of the team. "That's not how we do things", therefore means that they don't kick them out of dinner just because he's been traded. Not because of how he was informed about the trade.

Yohe/Rossi miss the bit about them leaving the table at Burke's request, and then jump to conclusions/make up the part about them finding out via social media.

Which is still really bad journalism, since they should have confirmed the details, rather than making them up.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

"Dramatic license"? Uh that's reserved for Hollywood with disclaimers all about
This is supposed to be Journalism; you know the field where you're not supposed to lie or fabricate things?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I don't think that Yohe and Rossi completely made things up out of whole cloth, but I do think they likely misinterpreted some things, and then jumped to conclusions/made up some of the finer details.

For instance, consider this possibility:
Team was at the dinner. Mid-dinner, Blueger and his father get called to Burke's room - thus them both leaving the table. This actually matches both accounts.
Crosby likely follows after them to make sure they know they're welcome to return to the table and finish dinner with the team, even though he's no longer a member of the team. "That's not how we do things", therefore means that they don't kick them out of dinner just because he's been traded. Not because of how he was informed about the trade.

Yohe/Rossi miss the bit about them leaving the table at Burke's request, and then jump to conclusions/make up the part about them finding out via social media.

Which is still really bad journalism, since they should have confirmed the details, rather than making them up.

Nah. Rossi and Yohe 100% make shit up all the time or just do shitty journalism. Just read their articles or listen to their interviews. They don't even spell players names right or get systems mixed up. They are shit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also there was a total of an 8 minute gap between the first source that had Blueger going to the Knights and the Penguins officially announcing it.

The idea that Blueger could have found out about it at 4:04 PM on social media without hearing from Burke about it, when it became official at 4:12 PM, seems a bit farfetched to me.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Where is the restaurant thing coming from? I kinda half-listened to the Vegas lockerroom interview and I don't recall mentioning a dinner or restaurant or anything. He just said his dad was with him and Burke said he can bring his dad into the office for the news.

I don't know why Deserted wants the "left the team dinner mid-meal to report to the FO, Crosby was angry" angle to be correct so badly. :laugh: It seems like bullshit on the surface and it hasn't been corroborated by anybody worth a slimy rat shit. /shrug

Occam's Razor and all that.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The last guy that fit that "desperate to off-load" thing was Kap and this team dealt the 15th overall for him. :laugh:

I can't f***ing stand the thought of this team paying another smaller, 40-50pt, middle-6 winger $5 million with term. I know you've got a soft spot for Garland, but I'm pretty much the opposite end of the scale as far as he goes. Hope he's dealt before this team even has a chance to make an offer, tbh.
😩...

Dude, it's not a soft spot. He's literally excellent at 5v5. 7% worse than Guentzel for his career, who is historically a great ES player. He has a 15% better career rate than Zucker and Rakell.
And his defense, while not special, is much better than a lot of the guys people want, like Bertuzzi or Barbashev's. It's like mid-level, which is a big step up from Zucker in that regard. I'd prefer it if L2 didn't get cratered again.

I don't suggest acquiring players based on feelings. Never have. I just look at the numbers and probability of fit.
The dude just hit 46 points with Sheldon Dries as his primary Center.

1685043975707.png

A GOOD player at what we need our winger to do.
Nobody is coming here and putting up 60+ points in a PP2 role. Zucker couldn't scrape 50 points during the best even-strength season of his career. PP2 was brilliant, yet it still wasn't enough.

If you're looking for a 60+ point player then you're gonna have to pay a higher AAV, and it will have to be someone that the coaching staff would put on the 1st unit in Letang, Guentzel or Rakell's stead. I'm totally down with that, but let's hear some names that fit that bill.
Or that guy fills in during lengthy injuries on the 1st unit. Also possible, but that's luck based for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad