Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
They gave Fiala 8M last year after the trade (80pts player)

Cap didn't go up and PLD is a 60pts guy. Should be lower.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Continue on with the fun... What is the 8 year deal the Kings get him for? How much signing bonus structure will there be?

1) $7.5M to $8M range

2) $8M+ to $8.5M range

3) $8.5M+ to $9M range

4) $9M+

giphy-downsized-large.gif
2)

Reactions: Habs Halifax

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
He could easily have forced his way to Montreal if he wanted to by refusing to sing anywhere else or asking for 12 mil a year.
Yeah he could have, I just don't think refusing to go to that extreme means the interest in Montreal was a sham or some cheap negotiating tactic. It's just so rare that we see players actually do this, and Dubois already has to manage the media reputation about being a primadonna/quitter or whatever.

At the end of the day he wanted to stop playing in small markets and move to a big hockey market that has some actual culture, amenities, and off-ice opportunities, and if he has the option to finally get out of Winnipeg, I'm not gonna fault the guy for signing in LA because the Habs (rightfully) weren't willing to trade Dach away.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
it's a steal from the jets, considering how stuck they were

Yea. I think the Jets did good when you consider the limitations they had in this situation.

They didn't fleece LA. But if he players they're acquiring for PLD are who we heard of (Vilardi, Iaffolo & Kupari), then they did well in this.

Vilardi and Kupari could be good young players that can grow with Perfetti.

Reactions: themilosh

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Fiala is irrelevant. Dubois can ask for whatever he wants. They pay up or they don't get him.
This is crazy. PLD has them by the balls. He can ask for whatever he wants, what are they going to do? Say no? The names of the players in the trade are already leaked. You back out at this point and what do you tell Vilardi?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Kupari - 23 years old. 1st round pick in 2018
Vilardi - turning 24 years old. 1st round pick in 2017
Iaffolo - turning 30 years in Dec. Middle 6 forward.

I could see why it would be hard to match this package.

The only players that fits this package are Dvorak and Anderson...maybe. Vilardi is way more enticing than either player. Fit isn't there for the habs.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
This PLD speculation/monitoring never reached hights of those old and legendary Lecavalier and Briere UFAmania threads. Those were the days in our board…

Reactions: donghabs98

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
it's a steal from the jets, considering how stuck they were

Depends if Vilardi is interested in signing a long term deal, and also depends if he continues to progress. I don't think Kupari and Iafallo are particularly good peices.

It's an okay return given the situation but I don't think this makes the Jets any better in the short term and it's questionable for the long term.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
This PLD speculation/monitoring never reached hights of those old and legendary Lecavalier and Briere UFAmania threads. Those were the days in our board…

Lecavalier would've been such a blessing

we would've actually have been forced to tank, Pricer wouldn't have been here to make us look like a decent team for 10 years, and by now we would probably have won AT LEAST 5 cups in a row

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
The Kings are sending ultimately irrelevant pieces for a roster upgrade. Dubois is an upgrade over Vilardi, the other two pieces are replaceable.

That’s how competitive teams do it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. The Kings surely aren’t mad about paying a pittance to acquire Kevin Fiala.

Poverty teams hem and haw and ultimately decide the prices are too high and for the amount they can spare good player, well they’re just not available.

Two years of tanking and selling and we don’t have enough assets to acquire a coveted top6 player. Heck of a phenomena.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
this is done... close this out
I am done, unless Kent gets him.... last post....lol

but , said way back when no way habs are the only team he would play for

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The Kings are sending ultimately irrelevant pieces for a roster upgrade. Dubois is an upgrade over Vilardi, the other two pieces are replaceable.

That’s how competitive teams do it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. The Kings surely aren’t mad about paying a pittance to acquire Kevin Fiala.

Poverty teams hem and haw and ultimately decide the prices are too high and for the amount they can spare good player, well they’re just not available.

Two years of tanking and selling and we don’t have enough assets to acquire a coveted top6 player. Heck of a phenomena.
To be fair, our best prospects are still young and haven't made an impact, if they will at all. The pieces the LAKs may be sending are more established and can help Winnipeg a lot sooner.

Really, the only pieces the Jets may want from us is Dach+

I'm sure some here would do that trade, but I don't think this would put us over the tipping point. The whole point is to add to what we have. Removing Dach and adding PLD isn't a monumental upgrade; especially since we aren't in a position to contend for the playoffs until maybe 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad