Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We’re in the End Game

So the Jets did allow permission to the Kings to talk to Dubois? Wondering when they did. Just recently or a few days ago?

The Canadiens re-engaged with the Jets on trade talks as the Los Angeles Kings emerged as a landing spot for Dubois over the weekend. Dreger notes that the Kings have NHL-ready players to deal and it appears Dubois prefers to go the Los Angeles.

I doubt Dubois "prefers" to go to the Kings. He's open to it for sure though. Dreger should choose his words carefully.

But hey, maybe Dubois hears the devalue narratives from some Habs fans and he asked himself, why bother if they will be targeting me from day one.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I noticed the high shooting % as well. 122 shots over 63 games.

Imagine if the Habs had Vilardi and was trying to trade him for Dubois. I just wonder how much energy fans would spend on devaluing him and targeting his skating. Not a true type center.

Oh if he played for Montreal people would be trashing the shit out of him. Lol

He has pretty sweet hands though, and a soft touch. Skating is a concern as is his inability to stay healthy.

Imo, Vilardi & Iafallo is a below average trade for PLD. Neither team is getting better due to this trade.

Winnipeg won't crash, but they'll be mediocre. Just bad enough to miss the playoffs like Calgary this year.

As for LAK, PLD isn't a need. They need a bigger defense, a #1 goalie, and better, bigger depth players. They'll be a playoff team, but they won't be an improved team, and I still don't see them getting past Edmonton.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oh if he played for Montreal people would be trashing the shit out of him. Lol

He has pretty sweet hands though, and a soft touch. Skating is a concern as is his inability to stay healthy.

Imo, Vilardi & Iafallo is a below average trade for PLD. Neither team is getting better due to this trade.

Winnipeg won't crash, but they'll be mediocre. Just bad enough to miss the playoffs like Calgary this year.

As for LAK, PLD isn't a need. They need a bigger defense, a #1 goalie, and better, bigger depth players. They'll be a playoff team, but they won't be an improved team, and I still don't see them getting past Edmonton.

Probably very true. All of it.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
RE: the earlier discussion about us not having the pieces, I don't really think that's the case. Montreal could easily create an offer based on like Dvorak, 31st pick, and other 2nd tier prospects that would be approximately similar in value to the rumoured Vilardi + Iafallo offer, but if the Jets don't want futures, it is what it is, we can't force them to go into a rebuild if they don't want to.

If Winnipeg has decided they want NHL-ready talent and Vilardi + Iafallo are both on the table, our approximate equivalents are Dach and Dvorak, who are both more valuable than the corresponding Kings players, and that's easily a more valuable package. Ultimately though it just doesn't make sense for us because once Vilardi is on the table, we're not going to beat that offer without including Dach. Dvorak + magic beans isn't enough, and there's just no good reason for us to trade Dach for Dubois.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
According to Dreger Brisson informed the Habs as of Sunday that it was likely going to be LA.

What does this even mean? Is Dubois now not interested in the Habs?

Why would Brisson inform the Habs that the Habs won't be getting him?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
According to Dreger Brisson informed the Habs as of Sunday that it was likely going to be LA.

What does this even mean? Is Dubois now not interested in the Habs?

Why would Brisson inform the Habs that the Habs won't be getting him?

Funny how Dreger said that Brisson told the Habs on Sunday. But on Monday, he was one of the insiders who said the Habs have re-engaged talks with the Jets.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Habs don't have a Vilardi to deal. Except for Dach. I have no idea why the Kings would give up Vilardi though. Kind of dumb imo.

It is dumb.

Vilardi’s production has been climbing and he’s making improvements , I doubt PLD moves the needle tremendously harder than Vilardi would this year and he’s going to cost a boat load more.

Reactions: schwang26 and zx81

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Funny how Dreger said that Brisson told the Habs on Sunday. But on Monday, he was one of the insiders who said the Habs have re-engaged talks with the Jets.
Meh, don't believe too much into that. Montreal needs to give a Suzuki or Caufield for PLD. The Habs won't do this. Dvorak + 31st pick + prospect might work but I'm convinced the Jets get much better elsewhere.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
RE: the earlier discussion about us not having the pieces, I don't really think that's the case. Montreal could easily create an offer based on like Dvorak, 31st pick, and other 2nd tier prospects that would be approximately similar in value to the rumoured Vilardi + Iafallo offer, but if the Jets don't want futures, it is what it is, we can't force them to go into a rebuild if they don't want to.

If Winnipeg has decided they want NHL-ready talent and Vilardi + Iafallo are both on the table, our approximate equivalents are Dach and Dvorak, who are both more valuable than the corresponding Kings players, and that's easily a more valuable package. Ultimately though it just doesn't make sense for us because once Vilardi is on the table, we're not going to beat that offer without including Dach. Dvorak + magic beans isn't enough, and there's just no good reason for us to trade Dach for Dubois.
They don't want futures like the 31st pick and prospects, they want good players who can play now. What they really need to do is rebuild since there is a exodus happening there but supposedly they don't think the market can take it.

Watch them sell off in 2 years when they suck and rebuild tho...

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Canadiens re-engaged with the Jets on trade talks as the Los Angeles Kings emerged as a landing spot for Dubois over the weekend. Dreger notes that the Kings have NHL-ready players to deal and it appears Dubois prefers to go the Los Angeles.
As several Twitter users and at least one pundit I’ve seen have posted, the PLD reference at the end of Dreger’s tweet appears to be a typo. It’s Winnipeg’s preference to take LAK’s trade offer not PLD’s:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Meh, don't believe too much into that. Montreal needs to give a Suzuki or Caufield for PLD. The Habs won't do this. Dvorak + 31st pick + prospect might work but I'm convinced the Jets get much better elsewhere.
Habs best offer could include pieces like Matheson, Beck, Barron, Anderson in addition to FLA 1st.

Maybe even Mailloux, Hutson, or Slafkovsky.

• Wow
Reactions: Habs13

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
As several Twitter users and at least one pundit I’ve seen have posted, the PLD reference at the end of Dreger’s tweet appears to be a typo. It’s Winnipeg’s preference to take LAK’s trade offer not PLD’s:

Maybe PLD is like so many other QC players who say they want to come to save face but actually...don't.

Reactions: Habs13

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Yes i am sure that Brisson has Dreger on speed dial .Every one of Brisson's clients is the same.Have to call Dreger first before letting the NHL know about the trade even days ahead.It;s all about the clicks .Have you ever heard so much BS in your entire life?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Wellp,
PLD will have made a powerful enemy.. lol

I'd suggest not spending his summers in MTL anymore either
Hearing it on the ice is one thing, but people giving you shit in a corner store in Saint-Pamphile Qwebek is another lol

Reactions: Habano

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I get that the Jets prefer NHL roster players back for PLD to try and remain somewhat competitive but IMO it would've been a better move for them to trade PLD for a good futures package instead and to start building towards the future with younger players who have some team control.

All they're doing here IMO is just kicking the can down the road for 2 or 3 more years and just prolonging the inevitable tear down and rebuild that's likely coming there soon. I wonder how long it'll be before we hear that guys like Connor, Ehlers, Lowry, and Morrissey may also ask out of there too.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
7qrgoo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad