Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You do realize you would be slapping Caufield in the face right. You've convinced the the kid to take a team friendly deal keeping in line with our Captain and then you turn around and give a player who is not better more. A pretty good way to lose credibility internally.

You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. Slap in the face? Dissagree. Pretty sure Caufield and Suzuki would understand the UFA/RFA year narrative and would love to have Dubois join our team. I'm sure you do to but you have your Dubois devalue blinders on

* Suzuki was 4/4 in the RFA/UFA years
* Caufield is 5/3 in the RFA/UFA years
* Dubois will be 1/7 in the RFA/UFA years

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Keller would be great.

Meier too.

Konecny would be good.

Well, I am not one of those who de-valued Danault. And yes, there are folks who devalue some players and over-value others. Opinions vary, I've learned.

I too do not like the character assassination and unfair expectations put on Dubois. It's almost like the collectivité thinks they have the right to dictate what individuals can and cannot do - I know it's absurd and unusual and all that, but why else would Dubois be obligated to play here and only here and to leave on the table too?
Do you mean he have all the good reasons to hate us Habs fans and he still wanna play here?

Reactions: Habs Halifax

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He hasn't been traded yet?!!

But, it's AFTERNOON!!

Screenshot_20230627_121103_Chrome.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Looking into Vilardi's "break out" season last year. Where do you see him topping out at?

Very good Corsi for but with 68% of offensive zone starts. Hits, Blocks, Giveaways, Takeaways per 60 is meh. Nothing to worry or get excited about.

15-16 min a game. 46% on faceoffs. I think he played a fair amount on wing last year right?

5 PP goals with 9 pts.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I just hope whatever the Kings give is going to be a clear and legitimate overpay so we can sleep easy knowing it wasn’t worth it.

If they pull off another Fiala return it’ll be so frustrating to witness. Two premium top6 forwards for (essentially) nothing. Bravo Rob Blake.

There is no need to bring up Dach. He is not on the trade block and mustn’t be traded for PLD in any case.

But that doesn’t mean we should have literally nothing else we can offer for premium players. It’s not right the Habs have been selling and tanking for two years and still cannot afford to acquire a single top6 player at market value.
Habs don't have a Vilardi to deal. Except for Dach. I have no idea why the Kings would give up Vilardi though. Kind of dumb imo.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Looking into Vilardi's "break out" season last year. Where do you see him topping out at?

Very good Corsi for but with 68% of offensive zone starts. Hits, Blocks, Giveaways, Takeaways per 60 is meh. Nothing to worry or get excited about.

15-16 min a game. 46% on faceoffs.

5 PP goals with 9 pts.

He had a high shooting percentage too. I don't see being much more than a 25g, 25a assist player tops. He'll likely be an effective PP player over 5 on 5. I also think he's a bit too slow to play center, but he had a strong playoffs for LAK - on the wing.

LAK don't have a 1st round draft pick in 2023 either.

Jets will try him at center.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Just confusing it for the smoke from the forest fire. The lack of oxygen is obviously getting to him.
At this point, I too can predict movement on Winnipeg’s part…
I’d love to make a career out of it.

What would be the negatives to the Jets if they wait till after the draft but before July 1st?
2023 first round picks would be off the table obviously

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
What would be the negatives to the Jets if they wait till after the draft but before July 1st?
Honestly I'm not sure. I was just thinking that everyone would rather pour their energy into the draft rather than deal with this whole PLD saga.

But maybe I'm overthinking. All parties could just hit PAUSE for a day and revisit after draft

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He had a high shooting percentage too. I don't see being much more than a 25g, 25a assist player tops. He'll likely be an effective PP player over 5 on 5. I also think he's a bit too slow to play center, but he had a strong playoffs for LAK - on the wing.

LAK don't have a 1st round draft pick in 2023 either.

Jets will try him at center.

I noticed the high shooting % as well. 122 shots over 63 games.

Imagine if the Habs had Vilardi and was trying to trade him for Dubois. I just wonder how much energy fans would spend on devaluing him and targeting his skating. Not a true type center.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Teams can freely negotiate with PLD the day after the draft. Right now they have not given permission for any team to negotiate with PLD, so they have a lot of control.

Once PLD's agent is free to negotiate with LAK and Montreal, they can tell Winnipeg, yeah, we want to go here only, we already have a deal in place, make a damn trade.

Now, it's down to one team.

June 29th is when RFAs can speak to other teams.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly I'm not sure. I was just thinking that everyone would rather pour their energy into the draft rather than deal with this whole PLD saga.

But maybe I'm overthinking. All parties could just hit PAUSE for a day and revisit after draft

Trades do happen on draft day but trades with extensions? Seems difficult. Have the Jets allowed Brisson/Dubois to talk to the Kings? That's the unanswered question but they may allow it today

Reactions: HabzSauce

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Kings

Jake Evans
The Canadiens re-engaged with the Jets on trade talks as the Los Angeles Kings emerged as a landing spot for Dubois over the weekend. Dreger notes that the Kings have NHL-ready players to deal and it appears Dubois prefers to go the Los Angeles.

Reactions: Habs13

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Teams can freely negotiate with PLD the day after the draft. Right now they have not given permission for any team to negotiate with PLD, so they have a lot of control.

Once PLD's agent is free to negotiate with LAK and Montreal, they can tell Winnipeg, yeah, we want to go here only, we already have a deal in place, make a damn trade.

Now, it's down to one team.

June 29th is when RFAs can speak to other teams.
WPG would be dumb to start finalizing contract negotiations before the draft is done. There could be a pick that becomes available if we do end up moving down from 5 that peaks Winnipegs interest more then Vilardi.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
2023 first round picks would be off the table obviously

I doubt they are anyways. Jets appear to be looking for young NHL players like Vilardi. Kings don't have their 1st but our late 1st may be at play.

Imagine going from Laine/Rost to Dubois to Vilardi? If the Habs don't get Dubois, I am left wondering what Vilardi can do with the Jets. He might make them overpay to stay because he is a RFA.

Maybe the hold-up is the Jets want to know what extension Vilardi wants first? Not much talk about that part. What does he have left? 3 RFA years?

Reactions: Gustave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad