Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
So it sounds like we're going for another Dach-esque trade if the PLD trade falls through.

Anyone have any guesses who?
Keller would be great.

Meier too.

Konecny would be good.
Danault is being brought up because there were many Habs fans devaluing him. Probably the same gang that are trying to devalue Dubois today.

Cost to acquire is a different conversation to what his next contract will be. Dubois is just as good as Suzuki. I'm tired of some fans devaluing Dubois just like they did with Danault.

You asked and I answered. You're comparing a $8M center to a $5.5M center and you fail to realize the point.
Well, I am not one of those who de-valued Danault. And yes, there are folks who devalue some players and over-value others. Opinions vary, I've learned.

I too do not like the character assassination and unfair expectations put on Dubois. It's almost like the collectivité thinks they have the right to dictate what individuals can and cannot do - I know it's absurd and unusual and all that, but why else would Dubois be obligated to play here and only here and to leave on the table too?

Reactions: HabzSauce

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Drouin was coming of his age 20 season. Not even close because he was not proven like Danault and Dubois are.

It is a factor. Dubois is just as good as Suzuki and less than a year older but his next contract has 7 UFA years vs 4 to Suzuki. I'm not going to say no because of a $500k - $750k of difference bud. Ideally, you prefer every cap advantage you can get yes. $9M is too much but $8M - $8.5M is my max point.

It will be interesting to look at this in 3+ years (with our without Dubois on our roster). See how it plays out.
You do realize you would be slapping Caufield in the face right. You've convinced the the kid to take a team friendly deal keeping in line with our Captain and then you turn around and give a player who is not better more. A pretty good way to lose credibility internally.

Reactions: Runner77

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Drouin was coming of his age 20 season. Not even close because he was not proven like Danault and Dubois are.

It is a factor. Dubois is just as good as Suzuki and less than a year older but his next contract has 7 UFA years vs 4 to Suzuki. I'm not going to say no because of a $500k - $750k of difference bud. Ideally, you prefer every cap advantage you can get yes. $9M is too much but $8M - $8.5M is my max point.

It will be interesting to look at this in 3+ years (with our without Dubois on our roster). See how it plays out.
Dubois could go PPG+ the next 3 years in LA and I’d still be completely convinced he would’ve completely shit the bed at some point with the pressure he would’ve have poored on his back by our market. A lot of people get upset when Drouin’s name gets brought up in these threads. He’s not brought up for an on ice player comparison, he’s brought up because he was a mental midget who had red flags before we acquired him. The entitled inflated ego is a death sentence in Montreal. You would think Gretzky was hitting the market with the amount of attention this is getting. And Dubois and his agent have played a part in that with how they went about these negotiations.

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
So when is the deal getting done weren't you saying he was 100% going to be a hab whats up

Arpon now saying that “maybe PLD never really wanted to come here and be the man in the spotlight after all….” (SIC)

If that’s true, I’ll eat my healthy serving of crow and say that I was wrong about him/the situation all along.

Called speculation to get hits

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Drouin was 22 when acquired. Had scored 53 points but was not a play driver. Had finished his ELC and was about to be left unprotected in the expansion draft. Tampa was desperate to get something for him, and Bozo obligingly gave him an expansion-draft-exempt guy with Norris potential.

SMFH.

Reactions: EXPOS123

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin was 22 when acquired. Had scored 53 points but was not a play driver. Had finished his ELC and was about to be left unprotected in the expansion draft. Tampa was desperate to get something for him, and Bozo obligingly gave him an expansion-draft-exempt guy with Norris potential.

SMFH.

Sure. But this is spiraling now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Strange coming from @Habs Halifax I know. He is usally very self assured. :sarcasm:

That's how you comprehend it on purpose which is on you ;). Some things, I'm firm on. Some things I am not.

Not sure?

Do you think being sarcastic is going to get us anywhere? Yes, I was not sure. That's what it means. Some of you have to take a look in the mirror with how you are comprehending how active I am and repeating myself. You just created that situation bud

Reactions: cphabs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Sergachev is solid but he’s not ever gonna win a Norris. Cmon.
He absolutely might one day, but I'm talking more about Norris votes. He is not yet at his prime.

The point was that when we drafted him, the club itself said he had Norris potential!! So by their OWN valuation, they traded that for Drouin.

The incompetence was staggering!!!

Reactions: EXPOS123 and ReHabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He absolutely might one day, but I'm talking more about Norris votes. He is not yet at his prime.

The point was that when we drafted him, the club itself said he had Norris potential!! So by their OWN valuation, they traded that for Drouin.

Triggers..

Danault devalue when he was actually performing well and how that is compared to Dubois who is a proven top 2C. Someone mentions Drouin and all hell breaks loose. Now it's a Sergachev is a Norris quality debate. :facepalm:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Dach was a unique scenario, in which a team willingly parted ways with a promising player to tank and luck out on Bedard. I don't see it happening again this offseason.
Not a player of Dach’s level of talent per say but maybe a Newhook, Kakko, players like that.

Reactions: PhysicX

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Whoa! There may be some action from WPG this am!!!
lol

Jets have the Kings trade on hold because Hughes is trying to trade the futures we have on the table for Dubois in another trade so it returns that NHL piece? Pretty sure that's what Hughes is trying at the moment. May not work this time like it did with Romanov/Dach

Reactions: HabzSauce

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

It was a bad trade, but mostly because Bergy didn't dig into Drouin's character and capacity to deal with the pressure, especially when he had a few red flags in Tampa and refusing to report to AHL teams etc...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Jul 6, 2016
PLD is not stupid. He knows by now that playing for the Habs would be hell for him at some point. No problem in LA. I guess Danault already had a talk with him about that. + LA has the type of players Winnipeg is looking for.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad