Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
If the Kings are offering Vilardi, and the Jets want NHL players...who does that leave us to trade?
Depends on what they're looking for. If it's to replace Dubois, we have nothing comparable we would want to give up. Stats wise Ylonen and RHP are comparable (PPG), but they aren't "big names". We do have a lot of D that are arguable better than Vilardi, but again, not sure what Winnipeg wants. It's not like Vilardi is some superstar, I think Dach will have a better career.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Maybe it’s all been a rouse and he punked us all to get his payday?

That's fine good for him if that's the case,he was never getting 9 here anyways the club isn't ran by Neanderthals anymore.

Also PLD doesn't want a 9 million $ contract in Montreal trust me he knows this , you gotta be a big dog to carry that contract and be a hometown guy, he's not built for it.

If he signs at like 7.5-8 in LA i will be shocked

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm sure he'll be happy to deal with that pressure on his way out, when the Habs are his last chance at getting a big payday in the twilight of his career :thumbu: He sure wouldn't be the first at that either ! The habs are the retirement tour of every freaking local player ever.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Depends on what they're looking for. If it's to replace Dubois, we have nothing comparable we would want to give up. Stats wise Ylonen and RHP are comparable (PPG), but they aren't "big names". We do have a lot of D that are arguable better than Vilardi, but again, not sure what Winnipeg wants. It's not like Vilardi is some superstar, I think Dach will have a better career.
Wasn’t Vilardi on Waivers just last October? Is his play substainable?

Reactions: loudi94

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
People are flighting off the handles so quickly and butt hurt to easily here!

Deal is not done yet with LA. There is most likely a deal in place but there are two key condition here: PLD signing a deal that works for LA and Valardi signing long term with WIN. LA needs a G badly, so PLD contract will need to allow them to secure one. If that can't be accomodated, this may become an issue. If you're the Jets, you cant acquire Valardi without his signing long term...

PLD has been reported to want to play for MTL, but MTL does not have what's needed to acquire him. that is not on him... that's on MTL not having the piece right now, or being able to swing another deal to acquire these pieces. What do you expect the man do to if MTL and WIN can't agree on a deal?? He wont turn down good money and job security for because of something out of his control. Let me put it this way: does anyone believe that he would turn down a long term contract with MTL if he was traded here? I think it's safe to assume that this is not the case... so it is not a situation where he's using MTL... its more a bad timing issue

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006

Deal is not done yet with LA. There is most likely a deal in place but there are two key condition here: PLD signing a deal that works for LA and Valardi signing long term with WIN. LA needs a G badly, so PLD contract will need to allow them to secure one. If that can't be accomodated, this may become an issue. If you're the Jets, you cant acquire Valardi without his signing long term...

PLD has been reported to want to play for MTL, but MTL does not have what's needed to acquire him. that is not on him... that's on MTL not having the piece right now, or being able to swing another deal to acquire these pieces. What do you expect the man do to if MTL and WIN can't agree on a deal?? He wont turn down good money and job security for because of something out of his control. Let me put it this way: does anyone believe that he would turn down a long term contract with MTL if he was traded here? I think it's safe to assume that this is not the case... so it is not a situation where he's using MTL... its more a bad timing issue
No. If he only wants to play for Montreal, then he would tell the Jets that he will only sign a long term deal with the Habs. No one else.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
That’s the thing NHL teams don’t leak player names so far in advance of a deal being officially consummated, especially deals involving “name players”, GMs get ostracized for doing such things - not to mention being blackballed from a future GM gig

Recall, Subban - gate w Nucks / Benning or l’affaire Vinny w dynamic duo in TBay.

Even with new age GMs it rarely happens because GMs like being employed.

This entire fiasco doesn’t pass the smell test… I can’t put my finger on it, but there’s something amiss
Maybe Win wants more than Vilardi. Is it possible?

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
No. If he only wants to play for Montreal, then he would tell the Jets that he will only sign a long term deal with the Habs. No one else.
You are assuming he only want to play in MTL... and this is not the case. he would LIKE to play in MTL but this is not the only place he's ok playing. This has been known for weeks if not months now

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
You are assuming he only want to play in MTL... and this is not the case. he would LIKE to play in MTL but this is not the only place he's ok playing. This has been known for weeks if not months now
No, I wasn't assuming. I wrote, "if". It's obvious he doesn't want to only play for MTL.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I was one of the people that wanted PLD big time, but at this point, just get it over with man. He's a 60 point player for the moment, not worth all this drama.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Maybe LA is asking for Helle in the package and it blocs there.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I was one of the people that wanted PLD big time, but at this point, just get it over with man. He's a 60 point player for the moment, not worth all this drama.
That’s the point why is there drama to begin with? There wasn’t “deal drama” even w Vinny, it was extraneous circumstances - is he willing to come to Mtl, will Bettman nix the deal..

Something very fishy about all this..not a word out of PLD, Brisson, HuGo… even PLD never ending photo ops have instantly dried up

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I'm sure he'll be happy to deal with that pressure on his way out, when the Habs are his last chance at getting a big payday in the twilight of his career :thumbu: He sure wouldn't be the first at that either ! The habs are the retirement tour of every freaking local player ever.
Danault will also be back for the 2029 cup run as the new Staal.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Maybe LA is asking for Helle in the package and it blocs there.
that one hell of a cap hit to take, but not impossible. Bottom line here is that non of us have the full picture and some are drawing conclusion. I understand that emotional reaction and I see lots of people having fun with the Hossa glove, but then again if you dive back into this story you'll see that MTL got fleeced by ATL at the time. Nothing MTL could do....

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad