Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
As a side note...

WPG needs to go into a rebuild. Look at how CGY handled the Tkachuk and Gaudreau situations last year and look at them this year.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Lafreniere? Kaako? Broberg?
I'd be open to trying for Kakko or Laf if the price is right. They're both buried on a deep roster and I could seem them having a bit of a production bump if they were in the top 6 here.

I have no clue what the Rangers are looking for though.

Reactions: SOLR

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gorton must be thinking “it was so much easier to land any player I wanted w NYR”

Welcome to the dark side Geoff

Reactions: blarneylad

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We will f***ing have to stop being suckers at some point....
I don't think we’re suckers it's just as with everything related to the Montreal Canadiens, things get overblown and fans lose perspective and the media fans the flames...

PLD and his camp made their interest in potentially playing in Montreal well known, but it's not like they said they wouldn't consider anywhere else.

We just like to think we’re the center of the hockey universe.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't think we’re suckers it's just as with everything related to the Montreal Canadiens, things get overblown and fans lose perspective and the media fans the flames...

PLD and his camp made their interest in potentially playing in Montreal well known, but it's not like they said they wouldn't consider anywhere else.

We just like to think we’re the center of the hockey universe.
Here's the thing. We know all that. We know about Hossa's gloves. We know that in Montreal, our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th sport is hockey. EVERYBODY knows the proportions that a rumor from a rumor to a rumor does.

So by that camp saying that....they played to it. You don't say to the sun to stop shining and actually expects it to do so. They used that.

Imagine that...we go from he WANTS to be UFA to play in Montreal to...out of the 2 TRADE possibilities, he'd prefer LA...this is f***ing comical.

Reactions: 417

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
We will f***ing have to stop being suckers at some point....
Just be glad Bridget Bardot doesn't start skating and express an interest to play for Montreal. No doubt there would be some here who would be saying : "We got to have her". The problem is that every other team and agent knows that we are indeed suckers.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'd move Caufield for the right price....the only untouchables in the league are McDavid and Draistl

Realistically Arber is not going anywhere as he fills a unique role at a very good price
My threshold to trade Caufield is much higher than my threshold to move Arber.

Reactions: Deebs

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The whole point of this f***ing saga is that RUMOR had it that PLD ABSOLUTELY wanted to play in Montreal and only in Montreal. Which HAVE to mean that there was NO WAY even traded that he'd accept a long term contract anywhere and just wait for the UFA period where playing in Montreal would have happen and he'd probably take a hometown discount for it.

'Cause that's what HAVING TO PLAY FOR A TEAM means. Anything else would be bullcrap. And not worth of our time.
That what’s some person thoughts but it was never only MTL and PLD camp never said it was only MTL..

I mean I’ve repeat that I don’t know how many time that it was not only MTL but some where sure it was just MTL.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Here's the thing. We know all that. We know about Hossa's gloves. We know that in Montreal, our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th sport is hockey. EVERYBODY knows the proportions that a rumor from a rumor to a rumor does.

So by that camp saying that....they played to it. You don't say to the sun to stop shining and actually expects it to do so. They used that.

Imagine that...we go from he WANTS to be UFA to play in Montreal to...out of the 2 TRADE possibilities, he'd prefer LA...this is f***ing comical.
I might be wrong here and correct me if I am, but I don't think that was ever said by either him or his camp.

It's just what we've convinced ourselves and the media has helped reinforced what is likely a misrepresentation of the situation.

Or course, it's PLDs agent job to stir things up in an effort to grant his client’s wishes of being moved but we as fans need to do a better job of sifting through the bullshit and just sometime accept the information as it's presented rather than how we want to see it.

As far as I know, all that Bisson said last year was that his client is from the Montreal area and that's a team he'd have interest playing for.

Anything beyond that becomes our own desires and hopes...I been burned to many times, Dubois would have been nice but he's never been a “must have at all costs” and I'm glad management appears to think the same.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The thing with the Jets is that it seems like all of their best players are on the way out. Not sure why asking for roster players for PLD makes sense for them at this point, they should be looking at draft picks or very recently drafted prospects to replace PLD at this point IMO.

We can say that they should go the way of a rebuild, but the reality is that the Jets don't want to go that route. They're not interested in draft picks or prospects. They want guys who will step into their NHL line-up right away and contribute.

They could very well still get picks and prospects in the deals, but they'd be secondary assets acquired. Their main targets will be NHL players.

Reactions: jaffy27

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I remember last year when Dubois showed interest to be a hab, the warning I relayed was that unless we grab him now while we are in the drivers seat we wouldn’t get him. Everyone wanted to wait until July 2024. Fast forward a year and people want to trade big quantities for him.

If I was Dubois I would sign with the team that wants me and is willing to get me sooner rather than later. The guy wants out of Winnipeg. Imagine the awkwardness of being stuck there after making public your desire to leave. Lots of time for the guy to think of elsewhere.

The time to make the trade was last year and we didn’t. Missing out on Dubois Hughes grabbed Dach.

Time to move on fellas.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Probably would have said the same about Dach around this time last year.

But IMO targeting these kind of players is going to be a big part of what Hughes tries to do
Dach had an injury that slow down his progression a lot and had other factors

Those guys are looking more like flops and we won’t be lucky each time like we where with Dach

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad