Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, because we no longer have to close threads after 1,000. This one was left open to just run without "parts".

Definitely the largest single thread in HFHabs history, but not if we include threads parts.

Essentially, we'd be late into part 8.
Almost in the "Out of Town" league.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I would really like to have a PLD. That of course, is a puck moving left defenseman. We need a top 2 dman. Hopefully PLD can fit that role for us.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The thing with the Jets is that it seems like all of their best players are on the way out. Not sure why asking for roster players for PLD makes sense for them at this point, they should be looking at draft picks or very recently drafted prospects to replace PLD at this point IMO.
It was always going to be case of making one last push with the group in hand. It's not hard to believe they started getting calls on some of the other guys and it opened up an entire new train of thought as was reported, The Jets can no longer dismiss any offer.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This would only be true if Dubois was age 28+. He's less than one year older than Suzuki and just as good. We are not going to pay Dubois $9M+ and we are also not going to overpay in trade value either. If you believe in Suzuki, you should believe in Dubois for their prime.

A top 2C for his prime years close to $8M where in 2+ years, that cost will be $9M+ with a much higher cap.

We are lucky to pick 5 in this draft. If not for all the injuries, we would be picking 6-10 or 8-12 range. You're starting from scratch rebuild narrative happened before Gorton/Hughes. Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Xhekaj, etc. We are in the back part of the rebuild and heading into transition years now.

Are you expecting another top 5 pick next season?
We got into this argument before about when the rebuild started and you got blasted by every poster in the thread and ran away. But just to remind you in case you’ve forgotten, we WERE NOT rebuilding under Bergevin no matter how much you seem to want that to be the case. It doesn’t matter if some of our core pieces came from that era.

And if we’re spending $9+ million on a player a few years from now when the cap goes up, I don’t really care as long as they’re better then Dubois. I think we’ll be better then we were last year next, that doesn’t really change anything. We’ll be in year 3 of the rebuild, I’d expect we see some progression.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We got into this argument before about when the rebuild started and you got blasted by every poster in the thread and ran away. But just to remind you in case you’ve forgotten, we WERE NOT rebuilding under Bergevin no matter how much you seem to want that to be the case. It doesn’t matter if some of our core pieces came from that era.

And if we’re spending $9+ million on a player a few years from now when the cap goes up, I don’t really care as long as they’re better then Dubois. I think we’ll be better then we were last year next, that doesn’t really change anything. We’ll be in year 3 of the rebuild, I’d expect we see some progression.

I got blasted by every poster eh? :laugh:. Way to exaggerate your spins. Come up with better stuff than this. Jesus, I know we don't always agree but that's very weak context in your defense. I don't think you can handle it when posters disagree with you.

My opinions are in line with Gorton/Hughes and they are indeed in on Dubois. And you think you're just debating with me who has a one opinion nobody else agrees on. Sure buddy

Remember when you were in the herd that called Danault just some average 3C and should be paid no more than $4M? Well, you are at it again with Dubois who is better and heading into prime years. I bet you are going to try to spin what you said and downplay it now.

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
The thing with the Jets is that it seems like all of their best players are on the way out. Not sure why asking for roster players for PLD makes sense for them at this point, they should be looking at draft picks or very recently drafted prospects to replace PLD at this point IMO.
The Jets just launched a massive drive to recoup season ticket holder losses - as much as a full rebuild may be the right hockey move I don't think Jets ownership views that as a viable option.

As rich as the owner is I believe this is a team that needs playoff revenue to break even.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The Jets just launched a massive drive to recoup season ticket holder losses - as much as a full rebuild may be the right hockey move I don't think Jets ownership views that as a viable option.

As rich as the owner is I believe this is a team that needs playoff revenue to break even.

Fair enough, but I don’t think Gabe Vilardi is putting ass in the seats if we’re all being honest with each other here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

One thing I noticed during Covid years is the Jets actual salaries. They had one of the smaller market teams with one of the higher actual salaries during those years. That had to hurt the pockets.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I would really like to have a PLD. That of course, is a puck moving left defenseman. We need a top 2 dman. Hopefully PLD can fit that role for us.
If an opportunity exists to get a piece fitting your description, I'm sure it wouldn't be ignored.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'm pretty bullish on PLD.

Willing to trade anyone and anything that is not Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slaf, 5th OA, next year's first, Guhle, Hutson, Barron. Everyone is else is fair game for me.

Reactions: PhysicX

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Gotta love Winnipeg fans trying to dunk on Habs fans because PLD might go to LA. They seem to have forgotten that their initial ask were either Suzuki or Caufield 😂💀

• Haha
Reactions: Takeru

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Yup Talking about ******** is absolutely counter productive today. I simply disregard anyone trying to find the slightest positive about that poser.

The only question of importance is if Dubois what assets and how much. Any over payment will certainly come with a backlash. I'm actually not worried that will happen. I'll leave it to the 35% to claim we should have matched if he goes elsewhere.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If Habs and Jets can't get a deal done directly, maybe they can involve a 3rd team, where Habs can send a prospect or two + picks, that team sends their roster players to Jets, who don't only want futures, and Habs get PLD.

I think it's the way to go for Hughes IF he wants PLD and IF he can find what Winnipeg is looking for.

Winnipeg might not want want many of our players but those type of player can be available from other team.......Is Winnipeg interested in a goalie since they're about to trade Helle? Hughes can managed to grab Hart as philly is looking for futures and then build a package with Hart as a primary piece. (That was of course, only an example)

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Ahhhhh another day, another 100+ pages of PLD talk
1687870505824.png

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
It would be a mistake to assume Dubois would automatically end up with 2C duties. One of the positives is he can play a wing. I do not see us relegating Dach to a 3rd line as some suggest. That would be a Therrien worthy slap in the face. One of Dubois or Dach would have to play wing.
If that is the case, his contract would have to reflect that, I don't want to be paying a 63 point wing what a center earns. Wing is a much easier spot to fill either internally or externally.

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad