GDT: It's a Wonderful Streak! Red Wings @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You'll shoot yer eye outttttt. I actually hate that movie with a passion. But meh
xq9pW.gif

Reactions: glenwo2

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
(little drunk)

just saw the Devils retweeted Nico's post game interview

and I thought, f*** yea we have Nico Hischier how f***ing awesome lol. I love Nico :) :)

Reactions: Blender

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
He certainly was a fun goaltender to watch...even the times where would basically skate out of his crease and up-end the opposing player to block a shot. :laugh:

He was fun the first year. 2013 when he single handidly cost us the playoffs was not fun

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory is quietly up to .923 SV%
You can't judge goalie plays by statistics though!

Seriously though, the eye test also confirms that this isn't the Cory we saw last year. The Cory we saw last year was on a down year.

His play since the last Kinkaid start wasn't quite as high as I had thought. .937 save percentage over that stretch. I can't remember too many stoppable goals over this stretch, outside of that one against Anaheim and a poorly controlled rebound against the Rangers. Anything else is just really nitpicking for the sake of trying to justify that he isn't better than an average goalie.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You can't judge goalie plays by statistics though!

Seriously though, the eye test also confirms that this isn't the Cory we saw last year. The Cory we saw last year was on a down year.

His play since the last Kinkaid start wasn't quite as high as I had thought. .937 save percentage over that stretch. I can't remember too many stoppable goals over this stretch, outside of that one against Anaheim and a poorly controlled rebound against the Rangers. Anything else is just really nitpicking for the sake of trying to justify that he isn't better than an average goalie.

Just quietly jumping into the top 10 for GAA, Save percentage, and wins.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I bet Prout/Hayes is waived. Wouldn’t totally shock me if we sent Zacha down. I don’t think we should but it’s one of the possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad