Value of: Isles Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
WTF

Kulichh and 1st in 2024 ..I expect Dobson CV coming back.

Wahlstrom is ending his ELC and the s a project on the s team with a bunch of wingers.

Pelrch is a LD, turns 30for next yr and has 5 yrs left. Hell f***ing no.

Buffalo st LD has Samuelsson, Power, RyJohnson and Dahlin is a lo get who can play RD.
In case you missed it above, it was a Buffalo fan who wanted Pelech, hence the proposal. Try acting like an adult here.

Dobson? Come on, the guy is going to have more Norris votes than Dahlin this year.

Replace him with a forward on a comparable expiring contract then.
There isn't one. De Giuseppe has two years.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
It wouldn’t even be worth it for you guys. Would set back the rebuild even more. We’re talking a return that starts with this years 1st, top prospects (Mesar, Hutson, Reinbacher) plus a few other major pieces.
Depends where that first lands and NYI willingness to absorb a bad contract.

I would be open to do this year first (granted its 5ov or worst), Mesar, one of our current young LHD on the roster (Harris?) and another depth F prospect (b prospect) if NYI would take on Gallagher’s contract in the deal.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I mean I get you don’t want Pelech, but gtfo with Dobson. That’s not even remotely close. Would you trade Dahlin for that?

If the isles were moving Pulock, I would think the Sabres would be very interested. Than again I think most teams would be.
If I'm trading a top 10 pick and Kulich , I'm looking for a need which is a RD. I'm not saying that equals him. That was not garbage.

As ffg or Pullock...he has too much term. He yurnd 30 at start of next season and has 6 more years. He had just 3 yrd left..sure
But those last 3 draws value down considerably with big neg ROI.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If B prospect fits the bill you wouldnt mind swapping Minten (not a b prospect) for someone like say, Nick Moldenhauer? That would fit the bill
"Not a B prospect"? The guy wouldn't make the top 5 in the Jackets' system, possibly not even top 10. The hype around him reminds me of when Jared Boll made the team out of camp - yeah, he's NHL-capable ahead of schedule, but it's an open question as to whether or not he's got much more ceiling than that.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Depends where that first lands and NYI willingness to absorb a bad contract.

I would be open to do this year first (granted its 5ov or worst), Mesar, one of our current young LHD on the roster (Harris?) and another depth F prospect (b prospect) if NYI would take on Gallagher’s contract in the deal.
That just won’t work though. What you’re offering isn’t going to happen without the unprotected pick. If we’re taking on the roster, Guhle would be the target over Harris but that’s me personally. The Islanders however don’t need more defenders, there’s currently 6 signed through next year. Forwards are the need honestly. Ideally someone to play with Barzal and Horvat or a quality two way forward who fits comparable to the age of the main core (mid 20s).
Remove Gallagher all together, his elbows are going to be yours for the remainder. He makes too much and has too much term left. There’s enough of those on the roster currently.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That just won’t work though. What you’re offering isn’t going to happen without the unprotected pick. If we’re taking on the roster, Guhle would be the target over Harris but that’s me personally. The Islanders however don’t need more defenders, there’s currently 6 signed through next year. Forwards are the need honestly. Ideally someone to play with Barzal and Horvat or a quality two way forward who fits comparable to the age of the main core (mid 20s).
Remove Gallagher all together, his elbows are going to be yours for the remainder. He makes too much and has too much term left. There’s enough of those on the roster currently.
Technically, if you’re moving on from Sorokin you are most likely tanking for a couple of years. Picking up a guy like Gallagher allow Montreal to make the money work while the NYI add a body to insert in the line-up during the tank. His salary should be irrelevant since the idea would be to rebuild and that takes more than 2-3 years. By the time you are getting out of the tank, his cap will be off the books

Guhle is an untouchable. That’s just not going to happen. This is also a trade that would need to be done at the draft. I don’t think Montreal would want to make that kind of move at the deadline.

I wouldn’t mind changing some part of the deal. Montreal doesn’t really have any good top 9 to offer (they’re either too valuable/untouchable or has 0 value) but we do have a very good prospect pool with a lot of depth, something that the NYI lack of.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
What's the ask for Lee? Not quite as high of scoring totals as Nelson but that physicality is intriguing, but is he injured or something? His scoring's really gone off a cliff this season.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
yikes. I looked hard at all your players and then I looked at all your prospects.
if I have to take out your top 3-4 players WOW. nothing at all worth anything. Even worse, in all your prospects, nothing their again. I am looking at the ILS next 5 years? ugly ugly.
my habs started a full rebuild 2-3 years ago and we still not complete. you have not even started yet.
I take Dobson over any player in the Habs org and he's only 24. They've also got a top 5 goalie signed for 8 more years, another huge hole for the habs.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Technically, if you’re moving on from Sorokin you are most likely tanking for a couple of years. Picking up a guy like Gallagher allow Montreal to make the money work while the NYI add a body to insert in the line-up during the tank. His salary should be irrelevant since the idea would be to rebuild and that takes more than 2-3 years. By the time you are getting out of the tank, his cap will be off the books

Guhle is an untouchable. That’s just not going to happen. This is also a trade that would need to be done at the draft. I don’t think Montreal would want to make that kind of move at the deadline.

I wouldn’t mind changing some part of the deal. Montreal doesn’t really have any good top 9 to offer (they’re either too valuable/untouchable or has 0 value) but we do have a very good prospect pool with a lot of depth, something that the NYI lack of.
Tank is correct but the return would be geared towards futures. The reason why I said unprotected 1st round pick is because of the caliber of player Sorokin is. I don’t think he gets moved for a pick that doesn’t give the Islanders a shot a the #1 pick. Guhle was a pipe dream since he’s going to develop into a real good player down the line when he fully gets his NHL game going. Sorokin would be traded if the Islanders fully went rebuild but then that would include stripping everything down and basically 3-4 skaters would stay if I had to guess correctly: Barzal, Dobson, Horvat, Romanov. I can’t realistically see a scenario that the Islanders trade Sorokin anytime soon.

Rangers pass
only interest would be Dobson, who is off limits per OP
You guys have enough generational talent ECHLers that you don’t need Dobson on the roster. There’s no space in Hartford for a guy who couldn’t handle the skill set of former once in a lifetime player Vitali Kravtsov.

Reactions: Viqsi and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Don’t waste your time, he’s a Rangers fan who’s convinced the Islanders just need to tear it down and trade everyone and then fold when the team struggles Arizona style.
Outside of Dobson, Barzal, Sorokin and maybe Nelson they probably should. They're minus 44 at 5 on 5 when Dobson is not on the ice. Imagine how bad they would be with New Jersey or Ottawas goaltending....

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I don’t see Lou tarring it down but if he were I believe he wait for the summer when more teams have cap space which would cause bidding wars which I would lead to higher returns.
Lou will not be doing any team favor’s at the expense of the Isle’s.

Reactions: miscs75

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
"Not a B prospect"? The guy wouldn't make the top 5 in the Jackets' system, possibly not even top 10. The hype around him reminds me of when Jared Boll made the team out of camp - yeah, he's NHL-capable ahead of schedule, but it's an open question as to whether or not he's got much more ceiling than that.
Are all prospects' value measured by where they would be on Columbus' prospect depth chart?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Are all prospects' value measured by where they would be on Columbus' prospect depth chart?
It’s the wonderful scale measured in how many shifts they’d get with Mike Babcock before they get benched and scratched infront of their hometown team. The more Babcock’s, the longer the leash. It’s named after the longtime Columbus Blue Jackets coach, Mike Babcock.

• Haha
Reactions: CatchyTune

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
Islanders are not rebuilding and they can’t retool cause hey have immovable commodities. No one is taking Lee, Pageau, or Pierre cause they are not worth the contracts they currently posses. The only players they have who could be traded for quality pieces are Nelson and Palmieri and they can’t replace them cause they don’t have forwards in Bridgeport ready to take their place. Anyway they trade them and they are waiving the flag on next year. The only players available are Clutterbuck and Martin and what are they getting back, maybe a 5th and a 6th. They are going to bring Duclair into the fold and move Lee and Engvall to the bottom two lines where they belong. If they are in the same position come next year this time then they trade Nelson and Palmieri. It’s a 2012 Honda Civic with 200,000 miles. This off season they are getting new brakes and tires and we ride.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Did Lou retire?

Lou doesn't know what the word rebuild means. They literally showed him the word and explained it and he still wasn't sure what it meant. When he heard fire sale, he thought everyone was coming over for a sit by his fireplace, which he thought was nice.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Islanders are not rebuilding and they can’t retool cause hey have immovable commodities. No one is taking Lee, Pageau, or Pierre cause they are not worth the contracts they currently posses. The only players they have who could be traded for quality pieces are Nelson and Palmieri and they can’t replace them cause they don’t have forwards in Bridgeport ready to take their place. Anyway they trade them and they are waiving the flag on next year. The only players available are Clutterbuck and Martin and what are they getting back, maybe a 5th and a 6th. They are going to bring Duclair into the fold and move Lee and Engvall to the bottom two lines where they belong. If they are in the same position come next year this time then they trade Nelson and Palmieri. It’s a 2012 Honda Civic with 200,000 miles. This off season they are getting new brakes and tires and we ride.
Horvat should be able to return something younger and decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad