Value of: Isles Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I added one first round pic in the deal. Where are you getting three first from? I know once a player is already drafted. It really doesn’t matter where they are drafted that doesn’t equal three first round pick.
At the very least it's two firsts plus a 2nd in value. That's a lot to give up for Pulock.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
From the sounds of it, you’re going to offer up a 1st and some leftover AHLers with maybe a cap dump to offset salary. That’s not going to get it to work one bit.
Why does it sound like that? I said look at what Muzzin/Chychrun went for which was a 1st + 2 2nds/equivalent prospects
I added one first round pic in the deal. Where are you getting three first from? I know once a player is already drafted. It really doesn’t matter where they are drafted that doesn’t equal three first round pick.
Good one.

Show me previous trades where a player alone fetched the value of at least 3 1sts and we'll see if Pulock meets that standard

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Mayfield is close to cap dump territory with his cap hit and term. I wouldnt touch that contract if I were the leafs.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Why does it sound like that? I said look at what Muzzin/Chychrun went for which was a 1st + 2 2nds/equivalent prospects

Good one.

Show me previous trades where a player alone fetched the value of at least 3 1sts and we'll see if Pulock meets that standard
Which is basically what I hinted at. There’s no reason to move Pulock at this moment no matter how much your fanbase wants a top 4 RHD. Just won’t happen, especially not for a late 1st and some leftover filler pieces.

Reactions: Glorydays22

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
A few ideas:

Pelech and Wahlstrom to Buffalo for Kulich and the 2024 1st

Clutterbuck to either Colorado or Boston for a 5th

Pageau ($1,500,000 retained), Reilly and Clutterbuck (Edmonton goes all in) for Kulak, Janmark and Broberg and a 2024 5th . . . Isles maybe buy out Kulak in the offseason

Cizikas (assuming he is healthy) and Aho to Vancouver for Arturs Silov and Mark Friedman

Palmieri to Vegas for Brendan Brisson and a 2024 3rd

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Which is basically what I hinted at. There’s no reason to move Pulock at this moment no matter how much your fanbase wants a top 4 RHD. Just won’t happen, especially not for a late 1st and some leftover filler pieces.
You dont have to move him, I didnt even make an offer and also stated he would not be my first choice when making a move for a top D. I just called out the ridiculous ask stated earlier in the thread and somehow got roped into making offers for someone I dont really want.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
A few ideas:

Pageau ($1,500,000 retained), Reilly and Clutterbuck (Edmonton goes all in) for Kulak, Janmark and Broberg and a 2024 5th . . . Isles maybe buy out Kulak in the offseason

Cizikas (assuming he is healthy) and Aho to Vancouver for Arturs Silov and Mark Friedman

Yes to the Clutterbuck and Palmieri deals. No to the others. Especially not to the Edmonton one that involves retention plus the return of damaged goods and a player to buy out. For the Vancouver trade, swap Cizikas with Pageau.

You dont have to move him, I didnt even make an offer and also stated he would not be my first choice when making a move for a top D. I just called out the ridiculous ask stated earlier in the thread and somehow got roped into making offers for someone I dont really want.
The issue is that you’re using deals that aren’t really comparable in return. Top 4 RHD go for a premium compared to LHD. Teams will pay for Pulock if he was to be on the market.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yes to the Clutterbuck and Palmieri deals. No to the others. Especially not to the Edmonton one that involves retention plus the return of damaged goods and a player to buy out. For the Vancouver trade, swap Cizikas with Pageau.

The issue is that you’re using deals that aren’t really comparable in return. Top 4 RHD go for a premium compared to LHD. Teams will pay for Pulock if he was to be on the market.
I still dont think the price would double just based on handedness. You cant tell me he would return 2-3 1sts+

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Well said!

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I still dont think the price would double just based on handedness. You cant tell me he would return 2-3 1sts+
It would be better than a 1st and some filler pieces to offset. Basically what I’m saying is that you’re not getting Pulock for a 1st, Reaves and some guy drafted 6 years ago stuck in the minors still.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
It would be better than a 1st and some filler pieces to offset. Basically what I’m saying is that you’re not getting Pulock for a 1st, Reaves and some guy drafted 6 years ago stuck in the minors still.
I agree with you. Who offered a 1st and Reaves?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

I tried to keep within salary cap limitations. I don't think Vancouver has enough room for Pageau over Cizikas

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I tried to keep within salary cap limitations. I don't think Vancouver has enough room for Pageau over Cizikas
The Islanders also don’t need a 9th defenseman honestly. There’s enough 6/7/8 options as well that Friedman would just clog it up even more.

I agree with you. Who offered a 1st and Reaves?
Just my point of a cap dump to offset salary.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think Isles fans would take Ehlers and Brad Lambert for Pulock and run before the cops came.

Pulock (signed for 6years at $6.125mil AAV) for Chaz Lucius + Barlow + Solomonsson

Mayfield wouldn’t cost anything significant

Pulock would be a nice add for the Jets from a position standpoint but neither of those deals make sense for the Jets IMO.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The Islanders also don’t need a 9th defenseman honestly. There’s enough 6/7/8 options as well that Friedman would just clog it up even more.

Just my point of a cap dump to offset salary.
Friedman's contract expires, that's why I added him. I don't expect him to play. Taking some cap from Vancouver to make it affordable.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
At the very least it's two firsts plus a 2nd in value. That's a lot to give up for Pulock.
It’s really not. He just turned 29. If he was heading to free agency this year he’d likely get $7-7.5 Mil AAV. Hes signed for the next 6 years at $6.125 Mil AAV. Top pair right shot defensman. Has played in deep playoff runs against teams top lines. Last year against the Canes in the playoffs he was a monster. He was the only islander that it felt like showed up.

Hes not a rental. He gets a 1st( which will be late first) top prospect(Cowen) and a B prospect (Mitten)

That’s a legit deal and good offer to be honest. We’ve seen rentals go for similar. Only problem would be making the cap work.

A few ideas:

We can’t trade Reilly I believe because we acquired him on waivers. I wouldn’t want to anyway because I’d like to try and re-sign him to a short term low risk deal.

Reactions: Viqsi

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
A few ideas:

WTF

Kulichh and 1st in 2024 ..I expect Dobson CV coming back.

Wahlstrom is ending his ELC and the s a project on the s team with a bunch of wingers.

Pelrch is a LD, turns 30for next yr and has 5 yrs left. Hell f***ing no.

Buffalo st LD has Samuelsson, Power, RyJohnson and Dahlin is a lo get who can play RD.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
It’s really not. He just turned 29. If he was heading to free agency this year he’d likely get $7-7.5 Mil AAV. Hes signed for the next 6 years at $6.125 Mil AAV. Top pair right shot defensman. Has played in deep playoff runs against teams top lines. Last year against the Canes in the playoffs he was a monster. He was the only islander that it felt like showed up.

Hes not a rental. He gets a 1st( which will be late first) top prospect(Cowen) and a B prospect (Mitten)

That’s a legit deal and good offer to be honest. We’ve seen rentals go for similar. Only problem would be making the cap work.

We can’t trade Reilly I believe because we acquired him on waivers. I wouldn’t want to anyway because I’d like to try and re-sign him to a short term low risk deal.
Kinda risky with the year he's having. What he's at now is fair, but with recent comparables I would say $6-ish is fair (which is what he got)

If B prospect fits the bill you wouldnt mind swapping Minten (not a b prospect) for someone like say, Nick Moldenhauer? That would fit the bill

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Friedman's contract expires, that's why I added him. I don't expect him to play. Taking some cap from Vancouver to make it affordable.
Replace him with a forward on a comparable expiring contract then.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Kinda risky with the year he's having. What he's at now is fair, but with recent comparables I would say $6-ish is fair (which is what he got)

If B prospect fits the bill you wouldnt mind swapping Minten (not a b prospect) for someone like say, Nick Moldenhauer? That would fit the bill
I’m actually a big fan of Moldenhauer. Hes on a stacked Michigan team. I feel like he’d have better numbers in other programs. I feel like he’s also a 3 year possibly 4 year college guy. I don’t mind that but it lowers his value in the trade because we’d only be getting his rights and he could potentially not sign.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
WTF

Kulichh and 1st in 2024 ..I expect Dobson CV coming back.

Wahlstrom is ending his ELC and the s a project on the s team with a bunch of wingers.

Pelrch is a LD, turns 30for next yr and has 5 yrs left. Hell f***ing no.

Buffalo st LD has Samuelsson, Power, RyJohnson and Dahlin is a lo get who can play RD.

I mean I get you don’t want Pelech, but gtfo with Dobson. That’s not even remotely close. Would you trade Dahlin for that?

If the isles were moving Pulock, I would think the Sabres would be very interested. Than again I think most teams would be.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He doesn’t speak French so I’m not too sure Montreal would want him. He’s not available though.
As long as he speak “stop the puck” language, he’ll be fine.

I figured he wouldn’t be. Would be such a crazy good add for Montreal

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'm ready to move on from anyone on this roster not named Barzal, Sorokin, and Dobson. Anyone else can be had. Please, send me your 7th round picks for the corpse of Matt Martin. Don't all come at once now.

What would offers for players like Pelech, Pulock, Nelson look like?
Wouldn’t Horvat be in the must keep group?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
As long as he speak “stop the puck” language, he’ll be fine.

I figured he wouldn’t be. Would be such a crazy good add for Montreal
It wouldn’t even be worth it for you guys. Would set back the rebuild even more. We’re talking a return that starts with this years 1st, top prospects (Mesar, Hutson, Reinbacher) plus a few other major pieces.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad