Value of: Isles Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rangeri

Sep 29, 2020
Lapland
They need some kind of boost to their roster now alright, but not sure are they ready to put that 1'st on the table.

So ride it off till next season. Last chance for the core guys to redeem some of this and if it still looks bad. Lou should try to get rid of one bad contract and maybe buy Lee out or something like that.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If you think Lou's gonna rebuild, you don't know Lou.

Not only won't Lou rebuild, but he's going to ship yet another 1st round pick out the door for some middling pending UFA...And then give him a 7 year deal.

It's hopeless on Long Island until ownership stops Lou.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I suspect Lou stands pat, perhaps sells off pending UFA’s. Starts retooling at the draft.
That makes sense. You’ll get something for Reilly and Clutterbuck, possibly Bortuzzo as well. As for Aho, Martin and Wahlstrom, I wonder if an ECHL team needs playoff depth.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Not only won't Lou rebuild, but he's going to ship yet another 1st round pick out the door for some middling pending UFA...And then give him a 7 year deal.

It's hopeless on Long Island until ownership stops Lou.
We all know what needs to happen from a hockey perspective but short term greed gets in the way. The thing is that the islanders are the type of franchise that can easily survive a long rebuild. Their fans have stuck around through decades of darkness and would explode in passion and numbers once the new blood starts coming in.

Ownership though will never leave one current dollar on the table even in exchange for ten in the future.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
thinking small potatoes because I doubt Lou trades someone like Nelson until the draft or next season if he's given some solid advice from his management team / head coach to cash in on some of the nice offers to start a refresh . Trading Nelson is going to require Barzal to move back to center which will break up the Horvat bromance until powerplay time .

clutterbuck ,martin, mike reilly ,s.aho, bortuzzo (if healthy) for whatever draft picks someones willing to trade .

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not going to lie I nearly spilt my coffee when I read on the first page that Engvall is signed for another 6 years lmao that extension must have completely by passed me in the summer. That was an egregious decision before it was even signed.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Isles doesnt really need a rebuild. What they need to replace a couple of players in the top-6, get some better and cheap depth on the fourth line.

On defense. They have a clear number one + two top-4, although oft injured, Ds in Pelech and Pulock. Add Romanov and top-4 is completely fine as is.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
So you just want to keep the roster the same because only one with value you didn't include was Nelson, lol.
Considering I’d say that’s the core and what you build around, yes. Why are you moving out Pelech and Pulock to get futures and some leftover garbage in hopes to strike gold. Would you honestly trade Pulock to a team like Toronto for a 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, Ryan Reaves (absolutely useless cap dump with term) and some scrub overhyped C-tier prospect?

Nelson + Pelech for Marner who says no
Toronto wouldn’t do that, they’re not trading Marner unless they get Sorokin, Dobson, Barzal (all 3 players at 50% retention), 46 1sts and the 2026 ASG in return for Mitchell. You know how they work.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
What's the ask for Lee? Not quite as high of scoring totals as Nelson but that physicality is intriguing, but is he injured or something? His scoring's really gone off a cliff this season.
He got taken off the first PP and is slow. He’s a leader and physical, probably 3M overpaid. I’d personally love to move him for a shift in leadership to Horvat

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
He got taken off the first PP and is slow. He’s a leader and physical, probably 3M overpaid. I’d personally love to move him for a shift in leadership to Horvat
His contract is untradable, and I don't think his leadership is the problem. I think the best plan is to buy out his contract in off-season 2025 (frees up space when most needed). If anyone could pass the captaincy on while still playing, he can.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Considering I’d say that’s the core and what you build around, yes. Why are you moving out Pelech and Pulock to get futures and some leftover garbage in hopes to strike gold. Would you honestly trade Pulock to a team like Toronto for a 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, Ryan Reaves (absolutely useless cap dump with term) and some scrub overhyped C-tier prospect?

Toronto wouldn’t do that, they’re not trading Marner unless they get Sorokin, Dobson, Barzal (all 3 players at 50% retention), 46 1sts and the 2026 ASG in return for Mitchell. You know how they work.
Dobson has more value then either Sorokin or Barzal and has as much or more value then Marner considering Marners contract status.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Dobson has more value then either Sorokin or Barzal and has as much or more value then Marner considering Marners contract status.
Dobson is a 24 year old cost controlled RHD on pace for 90 points with another year at 4M before his payday, he’s amongst the most valuable players in the league at the moment. Maybe you’re responding to someone I have muted but he’s our most untouchable player

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
We aren’t taking RyJo

Nelson + Pelech for Marner who says no

I would personally pass on that

Kind of an egregious sentiment especially since Marner is in leafs board trade talks every time he has a bad stretch, dating years back.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The cost for Brock Nelson would be astronomical in this trade market. Please the Isles would have to retain for a contender to take on his 6M caphit which would inflate the cost significantly. Its not possible until the offseason.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Dobson is a 24 year old cost controlled RHD on pace for 90 points with another year at 4M before his payday, he’s amongst the most valuable players in the league at the moment. Maybe you’re responding to someone I have muted but he’s our most untouchable player
I said that because of the numerous amount of terrible offers we’ve seen from Leafs fans on here. Trying to off cement feet Tavares for major pieces in return thinking teams would line up to take John. If Lou offered Marner for Dobson as a one for one, the Leafs are taking that and running off into the distance.

I would personally pass on that

Kind of an egregious sentiment especially since Marner is in leafs board trade talks every time he has a bad stretch, dating years back.
It was pure sarcasm. I know most of you guys don’t think that way. Just the few like the guy a few years ago who was offering Jordan Schmaltz and a pick for Scott Mayfield while claiming Schmaltz was the future playing for the Marlies. Marner is going to cement his feet to the ground in Toronto like those climate control protests cement their hands to the ground in the middle of traffic. I can’t see Mitchell (and his hockey dad) walking from there.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The cost for Brock Nelson would be astronomical in this trade market. Please the Isles would have to retain for a contender to take on his 6M caphit which would inflate the cost significantly. It’s not possible until the offseason.
I could see him going to Minnesota (kids still reside there during the season I believe) but the return just wouldn’t help them one bit. If im Lou, im asking for a 1st, top prospect and a QUALITY young forward (ability to play in the top 6) at minimum.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I could see him going to Minnesota (kids still reside there during the season I believe) but the return just wouldn’t help them one bit. If im Lou, im asking for a 1st, top prospect and a QUALITY young forward (ability to play in the top 6) at minimum.
I that's probably fair. I see him as an offseason option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad