Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Does Katz have any other hockey buddies who aren't idiots? I sure hope so.

I'm hoping Katz and Yzerman are tight and go WAYYY back at this point. What a dream come true that would be for me: my favorite player of all time being the GM to save this team from the ashes. Let it be!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Well, the Browns were gonna interview Rice. Lets one up them and hire these 2.
Melania-Trump-09.jpg
imagesUKMLXXAV.jpg

Reactions: KarmaPolice

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I was about to say something similar.

Dude legit probably pulled everything out of his ***.
I missed Mclellan’s post game tonight but I caught it last night and he was pulling stuff out of his ass in that one too. He’s making all kinds of excuses now and starting to throw players under the bus.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

He is blaming the players too much. Its his job to see there was a change and make a timeout or pull the goalie. He is way too stubborn and doesn't know how to do in game changes

It's really time for him to go. Like honestly. From what I know about him away from the game, he seems like a nice enough guy. Truly hope he has a happy and fulfilling life, make no doubts about that. But it's time for a new coach.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I dont think they will fire Todd tomorrow. I think they'll want to have a slam-dunk replacement like coach Q secured before they announce it. Firing Tood just to promote GG is not a good look.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I dont think they will fire Todd tomorrow. I think they'll want to have a slam-dunk replacement like coach Q secured before they announce it. Firing Tood just to promote GG is not a good look.
They already did that in April (wait to see if an upgrade became available). He had 20 games to get things on track and prove last year was a fluke.

It is beyond stupid at this point.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They can always fire Todd and just have Gulutzan as the interim guy. Better than letting Todd keep it up.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Then it should be quick negotiations. I see coach Q wanting to take on a challenge and the McDavid factor being an incentive

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

space321

May 11, 2011
Rumors were they were looking at Eriksson Ek or Svechnikov.

Keith Gretzky wasn't here yet. They were still relying on the old scouts for the most part.

Even though Ek and Svechnikov are the worst of the bunch from the players available at 16th overall, they're both still miles better than anyone in our bottom 6, and infinitely better than Reinhart. Ek is like a cheaper Strome, but still young enough that you can still hope he figures out the scoring.

Where's Reinhart playing nowadays lmao

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
No one in the local media has even hinted at a coaching change, correct? Was there any heat on McLellan for how badly he botched last night's game?

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I wonder what Quennevilles lines would look like using the guys we have here and in the AHL
I haven't really paid attention to what he did in Chicago but I feel like Benning wouldn't be in the lineup. I think he would be an improvement in special teams.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

North

Jun 25, 2009
things seem more calm here then after the flames game

I think people are just gettting beaten down and apathetic. Everybody wants changes at this point, be it coach alone or coach and gm. Something's gotta give.

You can't let your team go out there and continue to piss important points away.

Oct 15, 2008
Does Katz have any other hockey buddies who aren't idiots? I sure hope so.

I'm hoping Katz and Yzerman are tight and go WAYYY back at this point. What a dream come true that would be for me: my favorite player of all time being the GM to save this team from the ashes. Let it be!
Horcoff is already working for the Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad