Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
This is the trade I hate the most. Reinhart could barely make Bridgeport and Chia sold the farm. Barzal, Chabot, and Connor were there for the taking.
Maybe we could have done what the Isles did; trade 2nd rounders and get another 1st. Chabot was good in junior as well as Barzal. Chiarelli must not have got the memo. Would have been nice to get 2 of them. Oh well, maybe we get a high pick this year

Think about the drafting this organization has done in the past while. Outside of our easy picks do you think for a second we’d have used those properly? Don’t get me wrong I’d rather take those shots than Reinhart but there is no guarantee we’d have end up with any of those three

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
These guys were playing with some pace at the beginning of the game and were winning and then Cam started with his **** and the air just deflated from the bench. They weren't the same once he started letting in softies.

True, but you would think after the knights took the lead, that should've been the moment the idiotic coach take his ass out. What did Todd do instead? Continue sticking 4 goals in 11 shots in the net which bled even more goals. Todd's inability to adjust to a f***ing game is a reason why I just can't stand him.

Calgary's game, he adjusted well by having Lucic on the first line after the game got way too heated, but should've moved Lucic the f*** back down during the 3rd. I can't stand Todd McLellan.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
giphy.gif

most oilers feel this way

North

Jun 25, 2009
True, but you would think after the knights took the lead, that should've been the moment the idiotic coach take his ass out. What did Todd do instead? Continue sticking 4 goals in 11 shots in the net which bled even more goals. Todd's inability to adjust to a ****ing game is a reason why I just can't stand him.

Calgary's game, he adjusted well by having Lucic on the first line after the game got way too heated, but should've moved Lucic the **** back down during the 3rd. I can't stand Todd McLellan.

Preaching to the choir on this. Todd is a monumental f*** up and we should have known it when he couldn't coach prime San Jose to any real success.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
True, but you would think after the knights took the lead, that should've been the moment the idiotic coach take his ass out. What did Todd do instead? Continue sticking 4 goals in 11 shots in the net which bled even more goals. Todd's inability to adjust to a ****ing game is a reason why I just can't stand him.

Calgary's game, he adjusted well by having Lucic on the first line after the game got way too heated, but should've moved Lucic the **** back down during the 3rd. I can't stand Todd McLellan.

That was painful. We BADLY needed a line to get us back some momentum, and Lucic was the worst choice for put with McDavid and Drai at that point. I think the situation was desperate enough by mid-3rd that a line of RNH-McDavid-Drai should have had at least one shift in the hope they can wrestle the game back before it was too late (just almost anyone but Lucic). But nope. Todd can't adapt.

Reactions: McAsuno

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I want to know how much time they plan on giving him to figure it out. The season is 25% done as of tonight, with American Thanksgiving in a few days (and the Oilers now can't mathetically be in a playoff spot on that "magic" date).

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
That was painful. We BADLY needed a line to get us back some momentum, and Lucic was the worst choice for that situation. I think it was desperate enough mid-3rd that a line of RNH-McDavid-Drai should have had at least one shift in the hope they can wrestle the game back before it was too late (just almost anyone but Lucic). But nope. Todd can't adapt.

Yeah, I was going to post in the PGT last night, but that game had me fuming. He played right into Bill Peters hands. Its just amazing that everyone but him doesn't realize 2 goals in 60+ games with everyone not being able to contribute on his line in Lucic would do jack squat on the score sheet on a first line with Drai and McDavid. Todd's an absolute moron of a coach and that speaks volume on why the sharks kept choking in the playoffs under him.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Think about the drafting this organization has done in the past while. Outside of our easy picks do you think for a second we’d have used those properly? Don’t get me wrong I’d rather take those shots than Reinhart but there is no guarantee we’d have end up with any of those three

Well, they did have the nerve after all was said and done with was they were not even looking at Barzal. What I wanna know, who in the name of God were they looking at then? Chabot had great numbers in the Q, played for Team Canada and was what we needed. There were good players available.

2015 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Well, they did have the nerve after all was said and done with was they were not even looking at Barzal. What I wanna know, who in the name of God were they looking at then? Chabot had great numbers in the Q, played for Team Canada and was what we needed. There were good players available.

They were going to pick Eriksson Ek with the 1st rounder and Brandon Carlo with the 2nd.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Can't wait until Mclellan is replaced by Gulutzan and Chiarelli makes a panic move and trades away RNH for a scrub to save cap.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Rumors were they were looking at Eriksson Ek or Svechnikov.

Keith Gretzky wasn't here yet. They were still relying on the old scouts for the most part.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Lets play Oilers GoodBad

The Oilers have fired Todd McLellan
The Oilers have named Craig MacTavish interim head coach
The Oilers have fired Peter Chiarelli
The Oilers have named Kevin Lowe as interim GM

Reckon thats probably plausible
Wow! It's like trying to hide a painful pant wood before gym class in grade 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad