Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
That is not Mr. Bean's daughter.
imagesUKMLXXAV.jpg

They say this is her as well

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
In all seriousness though. What the hell happened to Cam Talbot? What is just a one year fluke or are we cursed with not being able to ice a starter?

Starting to seriously think Roloson hurt more than himself during the finals.

The D is massively overrated and they allowed so many high danger chances that it broke his confidence and now he's been playing rattled since last year. That and he isn't really a franchise goalie.

Franchise goalies can have seasons like that every year, whereas for Talbot that was more like his career year.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
same old crap hockey we have seen so much of over the years....what more can you say really? my only hope is that Koskinen will now play 2 out of every 3 game now the rest of the season because he's clearly outplayed Talbot ! knowing management though, Talbot is in line to get a long term, rich deal LOL !!

Here we go again...

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Chairelli even got his daughter a job in the organization.

I'd post her LinkedIn but I'm not sure if against the rules.
Co-ordinator for live entertainment for maybe eight months. It's not like she wasn't qualified--she was a recent Michigan graduate.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
The D is massively overrated and they allowed so many high danger chances that it broke his confidence and now he's been playing rattled since last year. That and he isn't really a franchise goalie.

Franchise goalies can have seasons like that every year, whereas for Talbot that was more like his career year.

I’d take even an average starter. Feels like besides that one year of Talbot we haven’t had even an average starter in so long. Khabby maybe?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I have no faith in McLellan and his coaching abilities. I am holding out judgement on all Oilers players until he is gone and the players are disinfected from any "coaching" he has done to them over his time here.

True. The star studded lineup here with Lucic, Strome/Spooner, Benning, Russell, Larsson, should in theory be overwhelming the NHL with their amazing talent.

For shame Todd. It's practically (an AHL) All-Star team.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Cam can take his part in that too. 6 goals? If he was even average we would have won some of the games we lost but when he's in net we have to score 6 or 7 goals to even sniff a win.

He's obviously ass but that's a huge problem with the dressing room mood being depressed. Reminds me of the good ol 'rebuild' days. This is truly the second decade of darkness, only it arrived super quick.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
At this point, I would encourage McDavid to demand a trade if wholesale changes in executive and coaching positions are not made.

This is beyond ridiculous and I can't stand seeing Chiarelli and McLellan waste this one in a generation talent. It's downright sickening the amount of nepotism and complete lack of accountability that exists in this organization.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Chia's daughter is coordinator for live entertainment. Her first move swapping out her:

cd5300e30815007aaf59a92a50ee843e.jpg

For

comical_crazy_daffy_dallas_cowboy_cheerleader_nfl_team_fan-1-200x250.jpeg

We needed the balance.

Reactions: Porkleaker

North

Jun 25, 2009
He's obviously ass but that's a huge problem with the dressing room mood being depressed. Reminds me of the good ol 'rebuild' days. This is truly the second decade of darkness, only it arrived super quick.

These guys were playing with some pace at the beginning of the game and were winning and then Cam started with his shit and the air just deflated from the bench. They weren't the same once he started letting in softies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The Oilers were never gonna use that 16 or 33 pick ... once Chia got a hard on for being a genius that could bring Dougie Hamilton here he got set into a one track mind of those picks having to go for a d-man. Griffin Reinhart is a d-man. Done deal.

The funny thing is even if they did the whole "lets just draft for need here" type pick, the ranked d-man at that spot was Chabot, lol. They could have even done that and come out looking golden but nooooooooope.

This is the trade I hate the most. Reinhart could barely make Bridgeport and Chia sold the farm. Barzal, Chabot, and Connor were there for the taking.
Maybe we could have done what the Isles did; trade 2nd rounders and get another 1st. Chabot was good in junior as well as Barzal. Chiarelli must not have got the memo. Would have been nice to get 2 of them. Oh well, maybe we get a high pick this year

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
At this point, I would encourage McDavid to demand a trade if wholesale changes in executive and coaching positions are not made.

This is beyond ridiculous and I can't stand seeing Chiarelli and McLellan waste this one in a generation talent. It's downright sickening the amount of nepotism and complete lack of accountability that exists in this organization.

The problem is that Katz would back the OBC rather than his generational talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad