Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

He is blaming the players too much. Its his job to see there was a change and make a timeout or pull the goalie. He is way too stubborn and doesn't know how to do in game changes

That's just McLellan. He is perfect, only reason for failure is everyone else. Videos of mistakes you made will be provided accordingly.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I dont think they will fire Todd tomorrow. I think they'll want to have a slam-dunk replacement like coach Q secured before they announce it. Firing Tood just to promote GG is not a good look.

GG could be made interim. At this stage I honestly wouldn't mind mact temporarily.

Seriously how the hell did we let go of two good coaches in nelson and kreuger?

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
It has to be tomorrow. It truly has to be.

McLellan sounded completely shell-shocked in the presser. His mind just scattering all over the place. It betrays that even he knows he should be done.

I need to see the post game PR
If this org had an ounce of integrity left, the axe would fall tomorrow. Not at all leaning one way or other on TMacs ability. It just simply needs to be done. A large percentage here realize it, eastern and even American media realize it, why does this group deny the inevitable?

What is seriously wrong with this org that they cannot get out of their own f**king way?

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
No one in the local media has even hinted at a coaching change, correct? Was there any heat on McLellan for how badly he botched last night's game?

I’m trying to think back to the days prior to Eakins getting turfed. We all knew it was coming, the mood was the exact same on this board then as it is now. But I don’t recall anyone in the media suggesting or hinting a move was being made until they announced it.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I need to see the post game PR
If this org had an ounce of integrity left, the axe would fall tomorrow. Not at all leaning one way or other on TMacs ability. It just simply needs to be done. A large percentage here realize it, eastern and even American media realize it, why does this group deny the inevitable?

What is seriously wrong with this org that they cannot get out of their own f**king way?

It's way too much of a circle jerk to have or get any real accountability with this organization.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Stauffer still hasn't tweeted. :huh:

Usually he polishes even the biggest turds and points out the Oilers' record or how close the team is from a playoff spot.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IF chia and Todd get fired.. I feel so bad for the guys that come in to try and fix this. Chia has absolutely mauled any depth we had..

IMO we have far better depth in the system than when he took over. Look at Bakersfield now compared to the players that were there when he took over. That said we definitely don't have any Hall's to trade away and we'd be morons to trade our first round pick yet again.

If true, IMO MacT is a big fan of Todd. IIRC MacT wanted him here before Chia took over. IIRC MacT's and Todd's sons played hockey together. MacT is likely bitter that he was relieved of being the GM and is doing his best to be a prick to Todd.

Here is his daughter. I wonder if she will coach the OILERSView attachment 155987

But are they natural?

The bathing suit doesn't look like natural fibers to me.

Depressive in the room? Way to go Todd and Chiarelli.

Todd never should've returned. If it is MacT, Lowe, Nicholson or whoever that is vouching for Todd they should be canned, same goes for Chia, if he wants Todd he should be gone too.

She already looks like a better goalie then Talbot

:laugh::clap::lol::biglaugh::bow:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I dont think they will fire Todd tomorrow. I think they'll want to have a slam-dunk replacement like coach Q secured before they announce it. Firing Tood just to promote GG is not a good look.
It wasn’t a good look six weeks ago but people have warmed up to the idea of him as an interim coach. The permanent coach can be named later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad