Is Slafkovsky the worst #1 pick ever ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Shane Wright will figure it out. The Habs should have done the easy thing and just pick Wright. Then even if he busts, you have no regrets because he was consensus

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Montreal should just trade Slafkovsky for some washed 32 years old vet that Marty can give all the ice time in the world.

Marty will be happy

Montreal fans will be happy that they got rid of the 4th line bust

And Slaf can finally develop to be a great player somewhere else.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Montreal should just trade Slafkovsky for some washed 32 years old vet that Marty can give all the ice time in the world.

Marty will be happy

Marty likes playing the young players. He’s not a Julien or Burns type that always defers to vets.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Patience was lost somewhere in the 2010s.
I actually think our fanbase has more patience for him than fans of other teams do . Patience in general? No our fanbase does not have that in the grand scheme of things but for our treasured 1st overall pick our fanbase seems to be willing to give him more rope than I expected

Reactions: HabsQC

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Marty likes playing the young players. He’s not a Julien or Burns type that always defers to vets.
He has no other options because it's the third youngest team in the league.

He let Slaf play one game with Suzuki and Caufield to this day. And that was 2022 preseason game.

Marty waited one season to even try Slaf in 4 against 4 situation.

He still won't let him play against empty net on either side.

He won't give him prime PP time even though his current PP1 unit is terribly bad.

And this is on team with questionable depth and talent still in rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Marty will be happy

I haven’t seen a large majority of our Habs fanbase being this calm and patient with a young prospect with high draft pedigree probably ever. Most understand he’s a project and are more then willing to give him a leash. I can assure not many would be happy to see him go which isn’t going to happen. There is however an ongoing debate and rift on what the best development option is and that falls on the guys wearing suits.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Shane Wright will figure it out. The Habs should have done the easy thing and just pick Wright. Then even if he busts, you have no regrets because he was consensus

It’s a photo finish for the No. 1 spot on TSN’s 2022 NHL Draft Final Ranking and, by the slimmest of margins, it’s Juraj Slafkovsky over Shane Wright.

Five of 10 scouts surveyed by TSN ranked the 6-foot-4 Slovak left winger at No. 1, while four scouts slotted the Kingston Frontenac centre in the top spot.

This quote is interesting 15 months removed from the draft:

“It’s a peculiar draft year,” said one NHL team head scout. “Neither one of them [Slafkovsky or Wright] are locks to be first-line players in the NHL. I’m not saying one or the other couldn’t become first liners, they’re both good prospects, but unlike a lot of years, this draft doesn’t have any great prospects. There are no slam dunks. There are things I like about both guys, but I have some reservations, too.”

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Joe Thornton and...?
They’ll come up with a bunch of players who had insane stats in junior, a year or 2 as a ‘down’ year in the NHL, then they explode. The thing is, Slaf never has put up big numbers. His draft year he had 11? Points.

Vincent Lecavalier
That’s the Lecavalier that had 2 ppg in junior, then 67 points in his second season in the show?

Beniersgeron

Release the Kraken!
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
They’ll come up with a bunch of players who had insane stats in junior, a year or 2 as a ‘down’ year in the NHL, then they explode. The thing is, Slaf never has put up big numbers. His draft year he had 11? Points.

That’s the Lecavalier that had 2 ppg in junior, then 67 points in his second season in the show?
No his cousin Vincent Lecavalier who work at the automobile shop :)

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Joe Thornton and...?

Neely, Leclair, Tocchet, Perry, Getzlaf ….

He was a 17 year old playing in the Finish men’s league.

Here’s how some famous Finns did as 17 year olds in the same league:

Kurri - 11pts in 29 games
Selanne - 2pts in 5 games
S Koivu - 10pts in 46 games
M Koivu - 1 pt in 21 games

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Neely, Leclair, Tocchet, Perry, Getzlaf ….

He was a 17 year old playing in the Finish men’s league.

Here’s how some famous Finns did as 17 year olds in the same league:

Kurri - 11pts in 29 games
Selanne - 2pts in 5 games
S Koivu - 10pts in 46 games
M Koivu - 1 pt in 21 games
Your non Finn lineup couldn’t me more off as comparisons. Interesting on the Finn’s though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad