Is Slafkovsky the worst #1 pick ever ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Yakupov, not to mention the other trash the Oilers have drafted 1st lol.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
LAF with another goal tonight!

Is there a Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy in his (near) future?

:sarcasm:

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Seems to have no particular talent, no skill, no speed, big with no big man qualities, doesn’t produce points, his shot is bad, his passing is average… Is he the worst first pick ever ?
Not even close. Just off the top of my head Patrick Steffan comes to mind. At least slapsquatch is big, so that's something.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Juraj Slafkovsky is 19-years-old. There was a time when he wouldn't have been old enough to have been drafted by an NHL team, but we're discussing him possibly being the worst #1 ever? Maybe this thread should be shut down for a few years.

Reactions: LesCanadiens

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
The Canadiens are ruining him with this usage and deployment. I have no idea what St. Louis is thinking. Slaf doesn't look like an NHL player right now and it's mostly not his fault. He should not get another NHL game in calendar year 2023. Send him to Laval and re-evaluate after New Year's.
yep don't look good ,he seems lost send him AHL and bring Roy in the big show

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The Canadiens are ruining him with this usage and deployment. I have no idea what St. Louis is thinking. Slaf doesn't look like an NHL player right now and it's mostly not his fault. He should not get another NHL game in calendar year 2023. Send him to Laval and re-evaluate after New Year's.

They shot themselves in the foot by starting him in the NHL because now it'll be seen as some big demotion even though he's never belonged in the NHL. What are you doing drafting a guy you say is a project and treating him as if he's an NHL ready player rather than a project?

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Watch the games people, Slaf is playing just fine using his big frame to win puck battles, making good passes with his line playing some good defense. Points will come but sure look at hockey DB and give us your your expert opinion...

Reactions: LesCanadiens

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If Slafkovsky is getting all these premature threads after a rookie season of 10 points 39 games, I can only imagine if HFBoards was active when 1st overall pick Joe Thornton had 7 points in 55 games in his first season.. We all know how his career played out.

Way too early to tell with Slaf.

Yeah. Or Draisaitl with 2 goals, 9 points in 37 games in his first season.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
I find the stigma of you must play the 1st overall in the NHL kinda funny especially for the "lesser thought of" funny. Like no one would have batted an eye if they put Slafkovsky in the AHL considering the overall thought of who ever would go 1st

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I find the stigma of you must play the 1st overall in the NHL kinda funny especially for the "lesser thought of" funny. Like no one would have batted an eye if they put Slafkovsky in the AHL considering the overall thought of who ever would go 1st
Some people around here were insistent he shouldn’t be in the NHL last year. Man we’re they right.

Reactions: Hisch13r
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad