Is Quinn Hughes overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Something is dramatically wrong with this year's version of the Vancouver Canucks and it's idiotic to pin it on Hughes, rewriting history to try to make it look as though he's always been this defensively deficient. The entire team is playing some of the worst defense I've seen from an NHL roster.

This thread is filled with awful take after awful take.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Something is dramatically wrong with this year's version of the Vancouver Canucks and it's idiotic to pin it on Hughes, rewriting history to try to make it look as though he's always been this defensively deficient. The entire team is playing some of the worst defense I've seen from an NHL roster.

No Markstrom, No Tanev, More Myers.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
No Markstrom, No Tanev, More Myers.
Goaltending is the least of their problems and Schmidt is better than Tanev. It doesn't explain why EP has been neutered, Miller has gone off the rails, Hughes is a tire fire in his own end and the rest of the team doesn't even seem to care about losing. Green will probably be gone by the end of the week.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Howd he look tonight? I see a pp point and a -2. Pretty normal boxscore for him.

One of his better games imo. I thought he looked good.

The rest of the Vancouver D core were a tire fire. Chatfield had an awful night.

This thread should honestly be closed.

The discussion has taken place and it’s to the point where people just come to post something if they think he had a bad game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Goaltending is the least of their problems and Schmidt is better than Tanev. It doesn't explain why EP has been neutered, Miller has gone off the rails, Hughes is a tire fire in his own end and the rest of the team doesn't even seem to care about losing. Green will probably be gone by the end of the week.
And Tyler Myers?

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
The Canucks as a team have been atrocious defensively this year, the problems go way beyond Quinn Hughes.

There’s another three on the main board talking about the Canucks woes this year, first team since the 93 Sens to give GA by such a wide margin.

While he hasn’t been great defensively this year (which he was solid in his rookie season), he’s not at the top of the Canucks problems.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada

Thread is full of AV Fans ... lol ..

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
He's overrated in regards to those who said he is going to transform how the position is played, to everyone else I think he's exactly the type of player they thought he'd be and will most likely remain. There's a reason why ~75% of his shifts start in the offensive zone, as any smart coach would do. Can't imagine anyone really complaining about having him on their bench though, he's worth it for the PP production alone. He'll learn how to handle the size difference better but I'm still not throwing him out there against other teams first lines in the playoffs or late minute situations which I don't really see a problem with.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I feel bad for Hughes, he's on an island back there for Van. Put Makar on this dumpster fire right now and he's not looking nearly as good, but Avs fans can flex, they've got some young studs
The Avs fans who haven't just started to follow their team know very well how much worse especially a young player can look when he's on a weak and badly coached team. Makar got his Calder, now let's move on and give Hughes some time to calm down, learn and grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad