Is NHL strictly a men's league?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Size differences are going to factor in until a girl gets into hockey early and grows to be over 6” having had the conditions of accessibility & support (or circumstance like Jagr when his dad told him, “YOU WILL PLAY HOCKEY”) naturally entering the sport with an obvious physical advantage over everyone else on the ice, with both production and physical play consistently rag dolling shit.

Also, girls right now may have more exposure to Caitlin Clark, Megan Rapinoe or Simone Biles, making Basketball, soccer/EF or gymnastics more accessible for such an athlete to hit that high a level.

Then there’s the Slovak young woman whose name I couldn’t remember, Nela Lopušanová, putting up 3 points per game.

Combine the probabilities of a girl with genetics predisposed to height having the support to pursue sports from youth immersing themselves in hockey developing hands like Nela. It’s improbable, but not impossible.
Ugh. Megan Rapinoe is insufferable. I hope Clark and Biles have a much stronger impact on young female athletes than Rapinoe does.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
not doubting you or anything, but can you provide some sort of info on that? Must have made headlines all over the sports world.
There was an exhibition game between Fort Saskatchewan midget aaa boys and the Canadian national women’s team on YouTube. I’ll try find it

The ladies won 2-1 I believe

Fort sask was at the bottom of the league that season

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
It is a very physically demanding sport, the best women can't compete with men in non-physical sports like swimming/golf. No chance we'd see one in the NHL. Women just aren't as strong and athletic as men are, that's why we have special sports leagues for our daughters and sisters where they can compete fairly against other females.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Oh I'm sure I can find examples of trans women competing in women's sports, but that's not what was said. What was said was "for scholarships" which is much more broad and implies men lying about their gender identity for personal gain. Maybe you all should be a bit more specific with whatever it is your bigotry is telling you to be mad about today.
now your trying to split hairs to back out of your previous statements of no men playing woman sports

so i'm a bigot because i support biological women competing and earning a good living playing against other biological woman ?

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
There was an exhibition game between Fort Saskatchewan midget aaa boys and the Canadian national women’s team on YouTube. I’ll try find it

The ladies won 2-1 I believe

Fort sask was at the bottom of the league that season

Thanks.

So the "A 15 or under high-school boys soccer team destroyed the US women's national team. That should tell you everything you need to know. And thats a sport with not much physical contact to boot. Cya" statement is bullshit, as this didnt happen to the US Women's National Team, the women didnt get destroyed, and it didnt tell me everything I needed to know. Brilliance displayed.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Thanks.

So the "A 15 or under high-school boys soccer team destroyed the US women's national team. That should tell you everything you need to know. And thats a sport with not much physical contact to boot. Cya" statement is bullshit, as this didnt happen to the US Women's National Team, the women didnt get destroyed, and it didnt tell me everything I needed to know. Brilliance displayed.
The f*** are you talking about?

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Some segments of society would love for all sports to be full gender integrated, but as long as performance the goal and physical performance is the requirement, men are just biologically bigger and faster than women and would fill the top team athlete spots.

What some people don't seem to get is that differences do not equate to less value. Seems like some segments of society seem to think we can't have any differences, or pretend they don't exist.

You see that Caitlin Clark player lighting it up in the WNBA. She is really doing an amazing thing in women's sports, but amongst her peers and her gender, she is heads and shoulders. She would never be able to make it in the NBA, despite her excellent basketball IQ because the physical size, speed and prowess is huge factor in the success of any of the athletes.

I am not talking about this current foolishness of men playing women's sports and pretending to be women. Talking biological women and men here.

I remember watching Manon Rheaume play (think for TB and it was either pre-season or an exhibition game - don't think she did too well). Can there ever be an NHL goalie that is a woman? Maybe. But at the skater positions, even for the biggest biological woman out there, the size may be OK but there's also the power and speed factor too. Men and women are just different biologically and nothing wrong with that. But there are practical implications of the differences, and not all of which need and should try to be bridged.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Lol no. I really took it to mean guys were lying about their gender identity to apply for scholarships. I didn't realize you all were talking about women playing against other women. If that wasn't what was meant, why being it up in defense of the idea of ECHL players lying about their gender identity to make a little extra cash? That's my mistake I guess.

And no you're a bigot because of your bigotry.
it doesn't matter if they are or aren't lying about identify as a women since either way it gives them an unfair advantage , believing that doesn't make someone a bigot

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I think a transwoman might be able to make it.
Or a transman, but would have needed decades of testosterone therapy.
Neither could/would make it

For a "transman" that needs "decades" of testosterone, that would mean a child would need to be injected from like 10 years old, maybe even younger, and that childs body would go through some horrific unnatural development.

A man who's on estrogen wouldn't be able to compete with elite level male athletes.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If they can they will. Nothing stopping them in the rules.

However, let’s not forget there are rules stopping men from playing in women’s leagues

Very important rules set up for very specific reasons.

Any true feminist would support women’s leagues with restrictions AND open professional leagues that leave room open for an outlier to compete

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Not 0%. That has always been my stance. The worst male pro hockey player isn't better than the best female hockey player.
They are better by a very considerable amount

Hayley wickenheiser couldn’t cut it in men’s division 2 hockey in finland, and she’s probably the best female to ever play the game

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Olympic shooting used to be co-ed. Until a woman won...

The sport where you Sit/Stand/Lay down and use your finger to pull a trigger?

I can see how you would think comparing that to hockey would be relevant. Makes complete sense.

Thanks.

Here you go -

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Not 0%. That has always been my stance. The worst male pro hockey player isn't better than the best female hockey player.
or so your now down to ''not 0'' , but why wouldn't it be not 0 if you believe there's nothing physically stopping women from playing against men ?

there isn't a women who's good enough to play in the NHL and as has been said one of the best women players of all time could barely keep up in a weak Euro lower division pro league

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Some segments of society would love for all sports to be full gender integrated, but as long as performance the goal and physical performance is the requirement, men are just biologically bigger and faster than women and would fill the top team athlete spots.

What some people don't seem to get is that differences do not equate to less value. Seems like some segments of society seem to think we can't have any differences, or pretend they don't exist.

You see that Caitlin Clark player lighting it up in the WNBA. She is really doing an amazing thing in women's sports, but amongst her peers and her gender, she is heads and shoulders. She would never be able to make it in the NBA, despite her excellent basketball IQ because the physical size, speed and prowess is huge factor in the success of any of the athletes.

I am not talking about this current foolishness of men playing women's sports and pretending to be women. Talking biological women and men here.

I remember watching Manon Rheaume play (think for TB and it was either pre-season or an exhibition game - don't think she did too well). Can there ever be an NHL goalie that is a woman? Maybe. But at the skater positions, even for the biggest biological woman out there, the size may be OK but there's also the power and speed factor too. Men and women are just different biologically and nothing wrong with that. But there are practical implications of the differences, and not all of which need and should try to be bridged.
Ryan Arcidiacono played 20 games in the NBA last season. 45 minutes total for the season. 8 total rebounds. 4 assists. 2 steals. 5 personal fouls. He attempted 6 shots (all 3 point attempts) and missed every single one. Didn't score a point.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The sport where you Sit/Stand/Lay down and use your finger to pull a trigger?

I can see how you would think comparing that to hockey would be relevant. Makes complete sense.
Who compared that to hockey? You managed to read my post, didn't comprehend it admittedly, why not read the post I was responding to? Or at least try anyway...

Is the role that is asked of the worst male hockey player on a team one that the best woman hockey player is suited to fill?
If Austin Czarnik apparently qualifies, I don't see why not.

• Haha
Reactions: AvroArrow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad