Is NHL strictly a men's league?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
@norrisnick you actually believe women are being discriminated against/ held out of the nhl?
No. I believe women, girls actually, are separated from their peers at an age where crucial development happens. Thereby not developing along side the best of the best in their age groups. Are there women that could play in the NHL and look no worse than Austin Czarnik? Absolutely. Is it worth the (social) media shit storm? Not so much. Would there be more if youth sports weren't segregated? Yes. Is it 50/50? Absolutely not. But it's also not 100/0...

Again, look at American men's soccer. Are American men incapable, physically, of competing at the top end? Or were they simply not developed properly?

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Oh I'm sure I can find examples of trans women competing in women's sports, but that's not what was said. What was said was "for scholarships" which is much more broad and implies men lying about their gender identity for personal gain. Maybe you all should be a bit more specific with whatever it is your bigotry is telling you to be mad about today.
Those two lines contradict each other

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
No. I believe women, girls actually, are separated from their peers at an age where crucial development happens. Thereby not developing along side the best of the best in their age groups. Are there women that could play in the NHL and look no worse than Austin Czarnik? Absolutely. Is it worth the (social) media shit storm? Not so much. Would their be more if youth sports weren't segregated? Yes. Is it 50/50? Absolutely not. But it's also not 100/0...

Again, look at American men's soccer. Are American men incapable, physically, of competing at the top end? Or were they simply not developed properly?
Crucial development.

Puberty?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
No. I believe women, girls actually, are separated from their peers at an age where crucial development happens. Thereby not developing along side the best of the best in their age groups. Are there women that could play in the NHL and look no worse than Austin Czarnik? Absolutely. Is it worth the (social) media shit storm? Not so much. Would their be more if youth sports weren't segregated? Yes. Is it 50/50? Absolutely not. But it's also not 100/0...

So we integrate boys and girls in youths levels of hockey, but we separate them at the teen years for the sole reason of not developing them.

Interesting theory.

I don't have a clue about soccer so I'm not going to try and comment why american men have never ever played against the best soccer players in the world. I'm surprised to hear that to be honest.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Not 0%. That has always been my stance. The worst male pro hockey player isn't better than the best female hockey player.

Define pro, first off. This thread and discussion specifically mention NHL Players. You mentioned Austin Czarnik as being awful.

Put Czarnik on a team with women against the best other women say in a PWHL game in the world and he would simply skate through all of them and score with ease almost every time. If he wanted to, he'd get 5-6 goals a game and 10 points a game if he really gave any serious effort.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Crucial development.

Puberty?
You know all those kids that go to Shattuck-St Mary's regardless of where they grew up? Take away those opportunities and leave them in whatever youth league they currently play in. There is a reason so many kids that grow up to NHLers often move all over the country (world). So they can play with and against the best.

Define pro, first off. This thread and discussion specifically mention NHL Players. You mentioned Austin Czarnik as being awful.

Put Czarnik on a team with women against the best other women say in a PWHL game in the world and he would simply skate through all of them and score with ease almost every time. If he wanted to, he'd get 5-6 goals a game and 10 points a game if he really gave any serious effort.
And any PWHL woman could suit up for 34 games and get a phantom assist.

• Haha
Reactions: Killswitch

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

girls separate themselves once puberty hits since they drop behind

but maybe you're right and we'll all victims so i'm wondering who do i blame for not being an NHLer ?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You know all those kids that go to Shattuck-St Mary's regardless of where they grew up? Take away those opportunities and leave them in whatever youth league they currently play in. There is a reason so many kids that grow up to NHLers often move all over the country (world). So they can play with and against the best.
When there is an 11 year old girl that is dominating the best 13 year old boys in the area like these kids that go to Shattuck do let us know.

Its absolutely crazy to me that you think that every single female that had the potential to go pro is being held back by "society"

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So we integrate boys and girls in youths levels of hockey, but we separate them at the teen years for the sole reason of not developing them.

Interesting theory.

I don't have a clue about soccer so I'm not going to try and comment why american men have never ever played against the best soccer players in the world. I'm surprised to hear that to be honest.
They've played, just never won. It's a rare American individual player that cracks a team in the top 5 leagues.

The US to soccer is like... Austria to hockey.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

And any PWHL woman could suit up for 34 games and get a phantom assist.
You know the ages where minor league youth sports start to separate the girls from the boys? That's generally when kids start hitting puberty and many of the biological differences between men and women start manifesting.

How long do we expect any run of the mill PWHL players to have a career for if they're being subjected to the same game as your boy Austin Czarnik?

Reactions: Frank Drebin

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Who compared that to hockey? You managed to read my post, didn't comprehend it admittedly, why not read the post I was responding to? Or at least try anyway...

You simply mentioned Olympic shooting in a thread about hockey. What exactly was I not comprehending? I left alone the fact that your original post was a blind assertion without any evidence to back you up.
If Austin Czarnik apparently qualifies, I don't see why not.

Austin Czarnik could still skate circles around the best of the best the PWHL has to offer right now.

Reactions: hotpaws

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
When there is an 11 year old girl that is dominating the best 13 year old boys in the area like these kids that go to Shattuck do let us know.

Its absolutely crazy to me that you think that every single female that had the potential to go pro is being held back by "society"
What's crazy to me is that so much of the world believes in absolutes so much that they assume everyone else does. Astonishing really. But I guess it explains a lot.

• Haha

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You know the ages where minor league youth sports start to separate the girls from the boys? That's generally when kids start hitting puberty and many of the biological differences between men and women start manifesting.

How long do we expect any run of the mill PWHL players to have a career for if they're being subjected to the same game as your boy Austin Czarnik?

That's a decision they can make for themselves.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota

Interesting theory.

American men didn't grow up with Soccer culturally - Our best athletes devote their time to sports they were raised playing - sports their families had interest in.

It isn't that American men can't compete - It's that our best athletes don't have any interest in being good at Soccer.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
What's crazy to me is that so much of the world believes in absolutes so much that they assume everyone else does. Astonishing really. But I guess it explains a lot.
now your backtracking again

and you still haven't answered my question on who i should blame for not making the NHL even though i have a shit load of participation ribbons to prove how good i was

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
American men didn't grow up with Soccer culturally - Our best athletes devote their time to sports they were raised playing - sports their families had interest in.

It isn't that American men can't compete - It's that our best athletes don't have any interest in being good at Soccer.
Yeah even hockey doesn't get the best athletes realistically.

Reactions: 1989

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
In the world we live in if a female was being left out that was truly qualified it would be all over social media.

Yet I don't see any complaining that they haven't been given a chance to make the NHL.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You simply mentioned Olympic shooting in a thread about hockey. What exactly was I not comprehending? I left alone the fact that your original post was a blind assertion without any evidence to back you up.

Austin Czarnik could still skate circles around the best of the best the PWHL has to offer right now.
The notion that everyone loves women that can compete with the men. Women competed with men. Then one won. Now they don't compete together anymore.

Speaking of blind assertions...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I mean, is somewhere in the rules written, only men could play there?

Unofficially yes. Women wouldn't stand a chance against men in the NHL. Women's teams have lost to 16 year old boys teams and easily at that.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Imagine Ryan Reaves Dropping the gloves with Amanda Kessel ?

Would never get to that, as he would have cheapshotted her and the rest of the team and some of his own team into the boards.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
now your backtracking again

and you still haven't answered my question on who i should blame for not making the NHL even though i have a shit load of participation ribbons to prove how good i was
It's impossible to backtrack from a statement I didn't make.

Whomever you want.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
The notion that everyone loves women that can compete with the men. Women competed with men. Then one won. Now they don't compete together anymore.

Speaking of blind assertions...

And you have evidence that women no longer competing with men in Olympic shooting is directly tied to a woman winning?

My evidence for my assertion is that even at 5'9 170 Austin is orders of magnitude stronger than even Hillary Knight. Thats just biology.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Women carry weight differently too. There is also the locker room issue. Which is an issue. Just remember the best women Tennis players can't beat average men.

Exactly. Even one of the William's sisters said they would have no chance against men, just from the serve speed difference alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad