Introducing the Seattle Kraken!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey

Feb 12, 2020
Let's Go Seattle ......... (insert team name) !! I'm excited we are finally getting a team name tomorrow!

Reactions: Morrison

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Two possible reactions from HF: apprehensive but positive towards some design elements and slowly accepting the whole thing, or utter revulsion. Which one will it be?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Kraken wouldn’t surprise me after they somehow chose Golden Knights as a name.

they at least could have done “las Vegas nights” as a play on words. And you could make your mascot everything from a knight to a talking car. Could go more ways.

as far as Seattle.
Rain, kraken. storm. I’m all ok. With. It’s gonna be something silly

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Phillies, Red Sox, White Sox, Dodgers, Angels, Knicks, 76ers, 49ers, Pacers, Magic, Wizards, Titans, Browns, Redblacks, Roughriders, Renegades, Dragons, Devils, Red Wings, Canucks, Phantoms, Thunderbirds, Monsters, Crunch, Marlies, Griffins, Ice Hogs, and like almost every minor league baseball team.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Rangers, Flyers, Penguins, Kings, Sabres.
Then you've got teams so generic as to not be really related to states; Flames, Wild, Preds, Ducks, Stars

I'm going to assume the Flames dont relate to a state because they are in Alberta. Going out on a limb here though, could be wrong.

tenor.gif

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Kraken is a lame name. Sockeyes would be pretty good or maybe just come up with an original name nobody's thought of yet? They've had plenty of time to do so.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Phillies, Red Sox, White Sox, Dodgers, Angels, Knicks, 76ers, 49ers, Pacers, Magic, Wizards, Titans, Browns, Redblacks, Roughriders, Renegades, Dragons, Devils, Red Wings, Canucks, Phantoms, Thunderbirds, Monsters, Crunch, Marlies, Griffins, Ice Hogs, and like almost every minor league baseball team.

ok……

Jersey Devil - Wikipedia

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I really hope it's Sockeye. That jersey mock up in the older thread was absolutely beautiful.

Kraken is a cool one as well. Either one would be nice. It's clearly sea related, so...

If the video is a clue it’s one of those for sure.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Why though? Wild I get, that's too generic. Kraken is pretty specific and the others are probably the coolest named teams in all sports. A team name should inspire fear and what does that better than a natural disaster?

Sockeyes are just fish that people fish and eat. They serve no purpose other than to be fish and food.

An avalanche will murder you in your sleep

You need to learn that just because YOU think "Kraken sounds cool" others don't have to like it and naturally vice versa.

Just like you don't need to give a sensible reason to give us why you think it's "cool" none of us are obliged to explain to you why we find it corny, silly, childish and flat out stupid.

The moment the guy created the joke post here on hfboards a few years ago naming a Seattle franchise "The Kraken" (mind you at that time Wrath of the Titans was still somewhat popular) I hated everything connected to it. The proposed potential jerseys, hats, mascots anything that came out of that post was a cringey meme fest.

It's like you went back into the 90's and somebody named a the "Tallahassee Neon Nuclear Fighters".

As an adult the Kraken makes this league seem like a playground with 14 year old Call of Duty players asking adults to "1v1 me bro".

The name was dated 5 years ago and it's dated today and will be dated tomorrow, and to preempt your strawman argument, no.. I don't find Pittsburgh Penguins or Vegas Golden Knights particularly enticing names.

Seattle Kraken sounds shit to me, deal with it.

If you enjoy it, more power to you. I do have a feeling though that age might be a factor here.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Seattle Sockeyes, Seattle Clams, Seattle Killer Whales, Seattle Seals

But...most likely with the sea setting. Seattle Kraken

lol. I'm so down for a killer clam logo. Like the poster from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes but a clam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad