Introducing the Seattle Kraken!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Kraken would be a dumb name. So would any name that’s a pun, like Golden Knights.

So I’m probably gonna hate this team too.
That's cute. You think your teams name doesn't suck?

Named after an inanimate object thats now irrelevant in warfare. You guys aren't the Katanas or anything cool, no just a generic Saber. Oh beware of the sabers, woooooo

Even the team knew it needed something more, Hence the Buffalo being added. Cuz get it, the city is buffalo so it's the Buffalo. Cuz hrrr drr buffaloes

Good luck being run by some of the worst human beings in sports, which is saying a lot btw. There's a reason Eichel trade rumors won't go away, because people know it's just a matter of time before he wants out of such a suck organization. :naughty::thumbu:

I'm sure Seattle fans are gutted that some Sabres fan won't be a fan of them for having a team name so much cooler than theirs

Reactions: Picklepete

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Seattle Red Lights :thumbu:

Screenshot_20200723-131709.jpg

Reactions: Morrison

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I was surprised to learn that there are actually very few sexual predators in Nashville even though the team is named after them.
They even named their arena after them originally...

If they caught a goal horn in their fishing net, wouldn't that mean that there's someone playing hockey underwater? ..... Seattle Mermaids....

Alternatively someone threw a goal horn overboard from the cruise ship/ferry that apparently drives that route in the video, so something to do with ferries or cruise ships.

Seattle Seaweed? I mean, there's literally seaweed on top of the goal light... maybe it's that obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
How old are you then, 14? At what age is it no longer justified to think Kraken is a cool name exactly? Inquiring minds want to know.
Exactly my question. Would like to know so just I can learn and someday be cool and grownup as him.

Reactions: AMDZen

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
As someone who is in their 40's, no issue if it's Kraken they go with.

"Let's get Kraken!"

They also saw what a marketing impact Gritty was this year. With that name, they could have good mascot opportunities.

On second thought, maybe that's what they do. Go with a tamer name for the team, but then Kraken is the name of their mascot. Best of both worlds?

Reactions: Morrison

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
People are being ridiculous, just want to hate cause its the new team

Everyone disliked the ducks when they came out, but now look at us the best team name/Mascot in the NHL.

I really like Kraken or Sockeyes.... I also thought Emeralds would have been pretty good too.

Reactions: MD93 and Morrison

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
People are being ridiculous, just want to hate cause its the new team

Everyone disliked the ducks when they came out, but now look at us the best team name/Mascot in the NHL.

I really like Kraken or Sockeyes.... I also thought Emeralds would have been pretty good too.

I disagree with the bolded part. But I'm glad that you like your team name and mascot.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017

this 99% means it's not Kraken. If it were Kraken, I would imagine this tweet would have never happened or would've been pulled ASAP.

Actually, seeing that this is the clownshow NHL and given how Seattle has been dragging its feet about the name for what feels like an eternity, it would actually be very on brand to have another organization blatantly leak your team name lel

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hopefully we also get to see the color scheme as well.. hoping for something unique or at least a play off the Whalers color scheme which was one of the best in the league,

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
yeah, but with no factor of brand retention, it just makes sense to make the name make sense to Seattle.

as an aside, I thought Flames fit for Calgary just because of the flares on natural gas extraction, but there are definitely lots of team names that don't match, and it's okay.

Not having the name related to Seattle will help when they lose the team to Oklahoma City

Reactions: Matchbox 18

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Not having the name related to Seattle will help when they lose the team to Oklahoma City
OKC doesn't have the ownership group, the Oilers helped seal that market's hockey future when they antagonized Prodigal Hockey into dissolution..... remember there are two arenas in OKC, 1 can never be used for anything other than the Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad