Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I think we should clarify "Candian Pop star"

I think the only Canadian musicians popular in the USA are Justin Bieber, Drake, Rush, Celine Dion, Alanis Morisette and Neil Young. If you are deep in music knowledge, then maybe you might recognize the Tragically Hip, Gordon Lightfoot and the Guess Who.
I don't think you're getting 3 billion Spotify plays if you're just popular in Canada though.

For comparison, she has roughly the same amount of streams as Bob Dylan, Dire Straits, Cage the Elephant, Fetty Wap, OutKast and Sam Hunt.

Reactions: MAHJ71

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Edit./////// No need to insult Freddy waup here. Here…have a dave dance to cleanse my negativity

C2B02E75-4025-42CA-9E78-70220231E3F3.gif

Another interesting cbj tid bit, to me at least. I found my first ever game stub. She’s getting framed and going on the wall. So glad we are not in the western conference anymore.

1C0A7F68-F3A5-486F-9EB2-1570FDB3DCC8.jpeg

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Is Portillo not returning to Michigan? I thought he was.

Not sure. But Portillo is not the reigning Big Ten Goalie of the Year and wasn’t 1st team all Big Ten. Dobes had a better save percentage than Portillo, and he didn’t have Power and Hughes. And Portillo didn’t have to play against Beniers, Johnson, etc.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Not sure. But Portillo is not the reigning Big Ten Goalie of the Year and wasn’t 1st team all Big Ten. Dobes had a better save percentage than Portillo, and he didn’t have Power and Hughes. And Portillo didn’t have to play against Beniers, Johnson, etc.
He had to in practice ;)

Portillo had a better GAA and a .926 Sv% which is still great. The year prior he had a .935%. AND Portillo never had a night off, he played every single game. Not to mention, the out of conference strength of schedule is different between the two schools. Agree to disagree I guess.

It’s not going to matter how good Dobes is, Michigan is loaded this year.

Duke (TBL) Fantilli (23 top5) Samoskevich (FLA)
Estapa Nazar (CHI) Brindley (23 top25)
Hallum (VGK) McGroaty (WPG) Ciccolini (NYR)
Moyle Granowicz Draper (DET)
Lapointe Hughes

Hughes (NJD) Truscott (VAN)
Edwards Casey (NJD)
Pehrson Holtz (NJD)
Fantilli Druskinis

Portillo (BUF)

Last edited:
Reactions: MAHJ71

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Aaron Johnson and Derek Dorsett are two others. Not sure who guy is on far left though.
I guess it was the sunglasses that threw me off on them but I recognize them now that you said it. Otherwise they just look like middle aged dads on their way to a Jimmy Buffett concert

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I guess it was the sunglasses that threw me off on them but I recognize them now that you said it. Otherwise they just look like middle aged dads on their way to a Jimmy Buffett concert
When I run into ex Jackets (or current Jackets who are older and have kids) around town, they do look like regular dads. Foligno is a 6’0” guy who is balding and has kids. You run into someone like that around town (like in the shoe department of a Dick’s Sporting Goods) and it is amazing how regular their lives look. I don’t go to the same places as the young guys, and I am sure someone like Sillinger is having a pretty fun life off the ice. The older guys do look like middle aged dads going to a Jimmy Buffet concert or taking a kid to the dentist or watching a kid play soccer.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Screenshot_20220907_111055.jpg

With Texier not playing here we're entering this season with 3 players left who saw the ice with the 2019 playoff team. Jenner, Werenski, Gavrikov only.

The team really did execute an "accelerated retool" or whatever you want to call it. Looking around the league at other rebuild processes we accomplished 4 years of rebuilding in 2 years. Whether that was the right plan or not will be determined in front of our very eyes over the next handful of seasons.

A crazy way to think about it is we started "retooling" after the Covid era and we're already nearly "done" with it. It remains to be seen if the time frame was a good choice but there's no denying that the roster overhaul through the draft and free agency over the course of 20-21 and 21-22 has been insane. They picked a game plan and seriously committed to it. We're almost too close to the situation to understand how drastic the process was, relative to many other teams there were no half measures. Our FO if nothing else is aggressive and committed no matter which direction they're going.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad