Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
No. I started adding it up and the forwards were like 73 mill

Bob has a $10 million cap hit, Panarin has an $11.64 million cap hit, and Jones has a $9.5 million cap hit. That makes if kind of hard to afford $15 million for a a fourth line of Saad ($4.5 million), Karlsson ($5.9 million), and Wennberg ($4.5 million).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No. I started adding it up and the forwards were like 73 mill
107mil altogether. Altho Murray isn't actually signed at the moment (and indeed he just might not sign at all), so I substituted in Moore. And I rearranged the roster to put Karlsson at C with Marchessault.

Reactions: Cowumbus

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
No love for the blueline: Grading every NHL team’s blueline depth - TSN.ca

We're in the "In Trouble" tier 5 group with Arizona and San Jose.

Well, we set the team record for goals against last year, so I don’t think it is wrong. On the plus side, the future looks pretty good for the defense. But we need to let the recent high picks develop and not rush them. And hope a couple of the younger guys on the team improve.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
TIL there’s a person named Tate McRae who is apparently a pop star.
I'm used to not knowing who stars are any more. I don't know if that's self-deprecating (I'm SO old and out of touch) or a comment on a generation of new stars (who the hell ARE these people?) or just the way things are. I do know that I don't have anyone handy to ask about people we see on TV (is that person on the commercial famous or just the person they hired to do the ad?) since my daughter moved out.

Anyway I texted her this morning. She's 24. She's never heard of Tate McRae. So I feel a little better now.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I'm used to not knowing who stars are any more. I don't know if that's self-deprecating (I'm SO old and out of touch) or a comment on a generation of new stars (who the hell ARE these people?) or just the way things are. I do know that I don't have anyone handy to ask about people we see on TV (is that person on the commercial famous or just the person they hired to do the ad?) since my daughter moved out.

Anyway I texted her this morning. She's 24. She's never heard of Tate McRae. So I feel a little better now.
We old guys have to help each other:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
*Rick Nash nervously checking drawers in his office to see if they have any Columbus Zoo brochures left in case Tate McRae pays a visit to Columbus*

I know they're just dating but couldn't help but think of that image.

Reactions: koteka

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I did my own investigation, seems she’s from Calgary. Is Sillinger visiting her and he is the guy JD possibly referred to regarding checking up on people over the summer??

Sillinger’s endurance/stamina/agility needs work, IMO. Seems to also have some “baby fat” still in his face, I could see him looking A LOT “better” (quicker and stronger) in a couple years after maturing and building a legit “pro athlete” physique.

That said, let’s hope Tate ain’t a big city girl…

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137

I hadn't heard oh her either but I saw she has over 3 billion plays on Spotify and averages 22M plays a month! She's making waaaaay more than Cole 😂

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

I have similar problems. I don't know any new Slovak "star" and not only it. So when my daughter asked me how I liked one singer, I had no idea she exists. 😉

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I did my own investigation, seems she’s from Calgary. Is Sillinger visiting her and he is the guy JD possibly referred to regarding checking up on people over the summer??

Sillinger’s endurance/stamina/agility needs work, IMO. Seems to also have some “baby fat” still in his face, I could see him looking A LOT “better” (quicker and stronger) in a couple years after maturing and building a legit “pro athlete” physique.

That said, let’s hope Tate ain’t a big city girl…
From her Instagram, I don’t think they’re spending much time in Calgary this summer. I think JD’s statement was more of a blanket statement. In that same interview he mentioned that Jake bean was from Calgary but I don’t think that means he’s checking in extensively on him either

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We old guys have to help each other:

I think we should clarify "Candian Pop star"

I think the only Canadian musicians popular in the USA are Justin Bieber, Drake, Rush, Celine Dion, Alanis Morisette and Neil Young. If you are deep in music knowledge, then maybe you might recognize the Tragically Hip, Gordon Lightfoot and the Guess Who.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
I think we should clarify "Candian Pop star"

I think the only Canadian musicians popular in the USA are Justin Bieber, Drake, Rush, Celine Dion, Alanis Morisette and Neil Young. If you are deep in music knowledge, then maybe you might recognize the Tragically Hip, Gordon Lightfoot and the Guess Who.

Arcade Fire, but I suspect they're more of a Canadian employment program than intentional band.

Reactions: Viqsi

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Maybe better know by her stage name Robin Sparkles.
Any relation?

1660677748057.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad