Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’ll put this here because it crosses multiple lines but I’ve been away this afternoon and I log on and see Jiricek is unhappy about playing in the minors and Patrick Laine goes into the players assistance program. This organization is such a effing train wreck.

This all falls on management.

Reactions: alphafox and MAHJ71

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I’ll put this here because it crosses multiple lines but I’ve been away this afternoon and I log on and see Jiricek is unhappy about playing in the minors and Patrick Laine goes into the players assistance program. This organization is such a effing train wreck.

This all falls on management.
I don't like how you grouped those two things together. Jiricek has been getting obnoxiously jerked around which sucks and is certainly on management, but the Laine news is seperate of that and should be discussed far differently.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don't like how you grouped those two things together. Jiricek has been getting obnoxiously jerked around which sucks and is certainly on management, but the Laine news is seperate of that and should be discussed far differently.
Possibly. We don’t know the circumstances but how many teams have had multiple players go into the assistance program in recent years.

Could be unrelated, could be something about the environment and something the team could do better.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Columbus got some votes for “least favorite road city to play in”, but not for the reason you think.

Complaints elsewhere were a bit more specific, from the sad fan base in San Jose to the size of the dressing-room stalls in Washington to the “hotel we stay in” in Minneapolis/St. Paul. And of course, on Columbus:

“The cannon.”

• Haha
Reactions: MoeBartoli and Monk

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
so what i'm getting from this is that we need more cannons

Walken-Cowbell.jpg

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Summary of Jarmo’s comments:
Why is CBJ struggling - inability to close games
Admits rebuild is taking longer than he imagined
Fantilli - good, having to go through an adjustment to the schedule, moved to LW for matchups/responsibilty/make his offensive game easier
Voronkov - expected him to be good right away, waited a while for him, his game is better suited for the NA rink, hangs out with Texier a lot (can’t talk to each other though)
Jiricek - earned a spot in the NHL, takes a while to play at NHL pace for D
Fan base - great, hungry for success, still selling out games. Need to earn their trust again
Laine - could be back at the end of the week, hope he is back on the level we expect him to be
Elvis - “lets get back to you being a #1 and playing like a #1”
On players asking out - maybe it’s time to look in the mirror
On TDL - making moves for the long term

Podcasters after Jarmo:
Gaudreau is a perimeter guy, who becomes even more of a perimeter player in the playoffs due to lack of size. It was a mistake to sign him in a rebuild as a core piece.

- - - - bolded is a huge red flag to me
Laine could be back by the end of the week eh?!?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
How awkward that the Blueline is carrying only the blue and red ASG jerseys apparently and Boone is on the team wearing white. That's totally the Blue Jacket way to do this.

I hope people can order the white ones if they want them

I can't wait for an opportunity to get a blank red or blue one on a deep discount.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Great seeing both Boone and Bjorkstrand score in the first game today. Both are in because of each team having a representative but both represented their teams well. (Of course Bjork also hit a post, something he seems to do every game).

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Great seeing both Boone and Bjorkstrand score in the first game today. Both are in because of each team having a representative but both represented their teams well. (Of course Bjork also hit a post, something he seems to do every game).

Bjorkstrand is tied for the league lead in posts hit.

I just watched the highlights, and the defensive effort on Bjorkstrand's goal reminded me why I have zero interest in the All Star game. It's a joke. Guys try much harder in my men's league.

At least the skills comp was good this year. Serious other than one guy.

But they could do without the entire thing, I don't see the league gaining much from all star weekend. Just do an international tourney every year instead. Players are very serious playing for their countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Bjorkstrand is tied for the league lead in posts hit.

I just watched the highlights, and the defensive effort on Bjorkstrand's goal reminded me why I have zero interest in the All Star game. It's a joke. Guys try much harder in my men's league.

At least the skills comp was good this year. Serious other than one guy.

But they could do without the entire thing, I don't see the league gaining much from all star weekend. Just do an international tourney every year instead. Players are very serious playing for their countries.
Your Bjorkstrand stat matches what my eyes have seen……Yes, the ASG is a lot like watching the recent elite summer league here except with the talent level significantly higher.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Porty's trivia ? from yesterday?

Who was the first Jacket to represent the CBJ in the All-Star game?:huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad