Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
...I just watched the highlights, and the defensive effort on Bjorkstrand's goal reminded me why I have zero interest in the All Star game. It's a joke. Guys try much harder in my men's league...
Oh, was the all star game this weekend? Darn, I missed it (eye roll).

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Considering what a massive douchenozzle Keith was on the Blues in the early years of the franchise, I don't think I could've handled one of his crotchfruit here well at all
I have zero respect for a guy who plays fiesty/dirty and won't stand up and fight his own battles.

A Matt Cooke with scoring ability. No use for him. And I would love to have Marchand on the CBJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovavic

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I have zero respect for a guy who plays fiesty/dirty and won't stand up and fight his own battles.

A Matt Cooke with scoring ability. No use for him. And I would love to have Marchand on the CBJ.

One thing about Matthew Tkachuk is that he played dirty with everyone, he targeted Kassian even though it was obvious that Kassian was going to kill him. And eventually did answer the bell.

As for Brady, I think he's got more scraps than anyone on our club:

Reactions: MAHJ71

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I want to thank AP for the great weekly trivia questions. He does a great job covering the team and goes above and beyond what many of the other team beat writers TA has. I know he has had health issues ...and yet he keeps working it including doing regular podcasts. Wish him all the best and said a Mi Sheberach for him.

[AP's] Sunday Gathering trivia question from The Athletic: Several players have had at least two separate stints with the Blue Jackets, including Gavin Bayreuther, Marko Dano, Aaron Johnson, Mark Letestu, Geoff Sanderson, Jack Skille, Jakub Voracek and Derrick Walser. But only one player has had three tours of duty with Columbus. Name him. (We’re looking for players who left the organization via trade, waiver claim, expansion draft, or free agency and later returned, not just call-ups from the minor leagues.

Jamie Pushor, taken in the expansion draft, the CBJ traded him away twice and twice he re-signed with the team

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Between Gritty and this video, I wish the CBJ marketing was more cutting edge like this.

For a city that did crazy market for the Chill to grow popularity the CBJ market is pretty bland and conservative.

We didn't have the guts to do Boomer, the whole idea of Gritty obviously would never have made it out of the drawing room in Columbus. It takes guts for that.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We didn't have the guts to do Boomer, the whole idea of Gritty obviously would never have made it out of the drawing room in Columbus. It takes guts for that.
They clearly got scared when someone got yelled at for designing a mascot who looks like a penis in a wheelchair shooting white t shirts out of his head. They haven't had a good creative marketing idea since.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Fortunately, the Crew's design department is around to make them look competent.
1708543883949.png

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad