Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011

Aaron. So saddened by this. You’re a gifted writer and someone I thoroughly enjoy. I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with you several times and each was a pleasurable interaction. As someone who has wrestled with a serious health issue for almost a decade, I can relate but tell you that the medical community can do great things. Here’s wishing you the best.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I don't have access to Twitter/X - can anyone tell me what the top part of the text box is that I'm missing? Clearly, Portzline has a health issue and needs an organ transplant, but details are missing. Thanks.

1696253700441.png

I think it’s actually Nash’s BFF Aaron Johnson. He’s like the “players’ concierge” or whatnot. He also helps them get settled and familiar with the city. Gets them event tix, etc like a concierge, if I recall correctly.
Not sure if he’s still in that role this year.

Sounds like a pretty fun job for the most part, until you get a Zherdev-case I guess. If the position's open, I'll take it.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

My memory of that Spring is that Atkinson was stinking up the top line, many of us were clamoring to move him back. And I think Bjorkstrand took that spot down the stretch and through the playoffs.

I am wondering if there was ever a Duchene to 1RW thought or if Dzingel misspoke. Duchene was center the entire time he was a Jacket. Or in this story did Panarin want to switch away from Dubois' line?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Any update on CBJ broadcast? No change? No broadcast? Out of touch out of towner needs to know.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011

But why...

Must not have a lot of faith in Laine working out at center. And/or maybe they want to gradually move Jenner to wing
At this point - and it’s early- Laine has given no reason (FOs notwithstanding) to not seriously think he can play center. If he continues to grow in the coming games, he may actually produce his best season as a Jacket.

As to why they’d look for another center……If true, I think it’s a sign of Jarmo desperation to win now and not be fired at season’s end.

Reactions: tunnelvision

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus

But why...

Must not have a lot of faith in Laine working out at center. And/or maybe they want to gradually move Jenner to wing
Sounds more to me like Friedman is the one who doesn't believe in Laine at center. Laine's reputation is cast in Minecraft bedrock at the national level. He can never do anything to change it, period. He's a lazy one-dimensional wing who plays video games, that's it.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Sounds more to me like Friedman is the one who doesn't believe in Laine at center. Laine's reputation is cast in Minecraft bedrock at the national level. He can never do anything to change it, period. He's a lazy one-dimensional wing who plays video games, that's it.
That was my thought too honestly.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Perhaps they're looking for a middle-6 C with good faceoff numbers? Fantilli, Laine and Kuraly haven't proved they're great at the dot. Jenner has won most of his draws in past years but he can be prone to injuries so they think they more depth can't hurt? It would be a desperation move nonetheless.

Reactions: Napoli

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023

But why...

Most likely as a safety measure. Laine and Fantilli are both new to playing center in the NHL, you can't just expect it to work out. That's the type of stuff they did in previous years and resulted in disaster. Over confidence in their ideas/plans with no back up plan.

Are they actively looking for someone before the season starts? Probably not but I'm sure they're gonna gauge and assess after the first 15 games if they can rely on Laine and Fantilli for the entire season.

Jenner is essentially the only proven top 6 center. I don't think Jarmo is looking at this season as another developmental year, mostly because I don't think his job is very secure.

Hopefully he doesn't panic trade for contracts who won't resign here.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm all for being successful because he seems like the kind of guy who just works for everything he's earned and people see and respect that.

However, if he is successful, I blame Jarmo and JD for passing over him twice to hire their friends as coaches before giving him the chance. I don't know how much I can trust them to continue to make good decisions for the team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
  • Wow
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad