Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Pronman's verdict is in, the CBJ are @ #5...

His tiers are:
  • Elite: Fantilli
  • Bubble All Star/Top of Lineup: Jiricek
  • Top of Lineup: KJ91
  • Middle of Lineup: Silly, Brindley, Svozil, Chinny and Mateychuk
Everyone else is either projected to play some NHL games or maybe play some NHL games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indy18

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Pronman's verdict is in, the CBJ are @ #5...

His tiers are:
  • Elite: Fantilli
  • Bubble All Star/Top of Lineup: Jiricek
  • Top of Lineup: KJ91
  • Middle of Lineup: Silly, Brindley, Svozil, Chinny and Mateychuk
Everyone else is either projected to play some NHL games or maybe play some NHL games.
Sounds about right.

Remember when people before this season were saying that our prospect pool was good enough that we should try to start winning? Imagine not having Fantilli.

Anyway, I think another year of drafting high would be best for the long term future (another reason why I hated that we traded away our second 1st rounder this year).

Reactions: koteka

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
All of our national TV games are on ESPN+/Hulu, no games on ABC, ESPN or TNT which sucks. As the last Snow Belt team yet to play outdoors we should have had first dibs on being a road team for the Stadium Series. Trust me, fairness matters more than ratings.

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Is it weird that I'm excited to read more about the new CO2-cooled ice now that's it's installed? I hope Porty does a story about it. It's such a cool feature to be the first NHL team to switch.
I'm also interested to know where Ian Huffman moved on to - and who replaced him

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm also interested to know where Ian Huffman moved on to - and who replaced him
I believe he left to start his own consulting company since the NHL always used him as part of the team for building the outdoor ice surfaces. I think that what what was said when he left. I never heard anything about a replacement. I'm assuming it might have been an internal promotion.

Reactions: MAHJ71

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Color me crazy and I’m not trying to say he’ll win the vezina or anything, but I just have a feeling we’re going to see an Elvis bounce back this season.
I agree, simply adding the new Dmen I think would have made an improvement. But with Babs "Rob and do" system I think they'll be taking a deep dive into the systems that the top goalies operate and try to adapt it to his system.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Ian went off on his own to work. Started his own company. He'll continue to be part of the NHL outdoor series events with no CBJ restrictions or impact. He wanted to broaden his business base and use his education and training across other areas. Likely could make more money that way as well.

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Ian went off on his own to work. Started his own company. He'll continue to be part of the NHL outdoor series events with no CBJ restrictions or impact. He wanted to broaden his business base and use his education and training across other areas. Likely could make more money that way as well.
That's great to hear. Best of luck to him.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Sorry for the “platform” but nice little story although I feel the length of the win streak seems embellished no?

Reactions: Nanabijou

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sorry for the “platform” but nice little story although I feel the length of the win streak seems embellished no?

You might do better with a screenshot.

This is what I see:
1694641420135.png

I'd sooner forsake the Jackets, the game of hockey, and all sports interest entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad