Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
But 2 games with every player in the organization in action in a single day? No Monday article talking about Johnny hockey’s 3 point debut? Everyone at beer league tonight seemed to be at the game yesterday and were talking about it

I hope I’m not reading these entrails correctly. No training camp podcast. If we don’t see anything else until next Sunday, I think that’s trouble.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Interesting nugget from Portzline here (answer starts at ~9:00)

A player that balked at a trade to CBJ, but after Johnny Hockey signing, started to backtrack

Chychrun the obvious candidate that comes to mind

The question is whether Columbus can afford that player now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The question is whether Columbus can afford that player now.

Capwise? If it's Chychrun we can. We have $3.9m in cap space on a 22 man roster (1 spare D and 1 spare F). And his cap hit is only $4.6m so we could send a league minimum D contract to AZ and still be under with spare players. Or send them a higher cap hit player if you prefer.

Reactions: CBJx614

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Capwise? If it's Chychrun we can. We have $3.9m in cap space on a 22 man roster (1 spare D and 1 spare F). And his cap hit is only $4.6m so we could send a league minimum D contract to AZ and still be under with spare players. Or send them a higher cap hit player if you prefer.
Arizona would like half a kingdom and a princess too. And where is it written that Chychrun will show his qualities? Besides, there was interest until the draft and the Gaudreau signing, now I doubt it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He dropped Sunday gathering yesterday, so everything seems fine.
1664284625683.png

Reactions: majormajor

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
But 2 games with every player in the organization in action in a single day? No Monday article talking about Johnny hockey’s 3 point debut? Everyone at beer league tonight seemed to be at the game yesterday and were talking about it

I hope I’m not reading these entrails correctly. No training camp podcast. If we don’t see anything else until next Sunday, I think that’s trouble.

Fear not

Reactions: DougKnowsBest

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
What would a package for Chychurn even look like? I'm guessing Gavrikov goes back as he's due a raise soon that'll be near Chychurn's cap hit. A young forward like Chinakov or Marchenko? A young D like Ceulemens? A first rounder, obviously.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Pretty interesting about the Chychrun rumor. Wonder if Jarmo is taking it seriously and revisiting the idea. Kind of weird timing but the groundwork of a deal should already be done and if Jarmo feels it makes the team better its atleast worth looking into again.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
What would a package for Chychurn even look like? I'm guessing Gavrikov goes back as he's due a raise soon that'll be near Chychurn's cap hit. A young forward like Chinakov or Marchenko? A young D like Ceulemens? A first rounder, obviously.
Id imagine it starts with Bean/Boqvist. Gavrikov provides a different role and is a nice contrast on the left side to what Werenski and Chychrun bring.

If it happens I just hope they keep the big 3 D prospects in place. Id be pretty sad if Ceulemans moves and feel like the team would regret it in a major way

InfiniteElement

Jan 4, 2019
As a non-Gaudreau CBJ player, wouldn't Chychrun joining the team kinda piss you off a little? Especially with the "no one want(ed)s to play here" thing we recently nixed?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As a non-Gaudreau CBJ player, wouldn't Chychrun joining the team kinda piss you off a little? Especially with the "no one want(ed)s to play here" thing we recently nixed?
He wanted to play meaningful hockey and if you look at last years standings Columbus didnt do that. Adding Gaudreau changes the outlook in a major way. I dont think you can be petty in a buisness like pro sports, players especially understand that more than fans.

Its like Kadri blocking a trade to Calgary and everyone claiming he didnt want to play there when the reality was he just didnt want to leave Toronto.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
It would make me uneasy trading for him because there are no guarantees we are good this year. Would he bolt or ask out if we missed the playoffs? It’s a risk

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Anyone else worried cutbacks are going to hit porty? We use to have 3 people which is crazy when you look at the recent changes and markets without beat writers
The day that happens is the day my subscription ends. It's really that simple. They've removed just about everything else of value as is. I was still on the fence-ish w/r/t whether or not it'd be that cut and dry for me, but then last week this happened:

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
The day that happens is the day my subscription ends. It's really that simple. They've removed just about everything else of value as is. I was still on the fence-ish w/r/t whether or not it'd be that cut and dry for me, but then last week this happened:

I wonder if NYT only letting them run independently is for tax purposes and NYT actually are controlling everything from the sidelines.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
I’d still pass on Churchryn (wasn’t big on him pre-JG either) but I do think it’s a great example of how this one signing changed everything for Columbus.

I hope more than ever this organization proves to Gaudreau he made the right decision coming here and we make some serious runs at it over the next few years. I still think we are at least a year from that so more patience needed.

As for future acquisitions — my eyes remain locked on Larkin and how that plays out in Detroit.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Holy shit, they finally put an active Blue Jacket on the cover. (Without it being a medley of most teams in the NHL)

Alas, we still remain one of the only NHL teams not to be mentioned at all in their back issues catalog. (The other being Seattle, 'cause they're too new.)

Reactions: Toe Pick

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
Regarding Chychrun, I'm not sure why anyone is hesitant about making this move. He has two more years after this year left on his contract. I'd bet dimes to donuts that if this club makes the playoffs, even if it's next year that he would stay. Good things are happening here and everyone in the league knows it. The Gaudreau signing has changed absolutely everything for this franchise. Other good/great players will latch onto that and I hope that Jarmo unapologetically takes these opportunities.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Regarding Chychrun, I'm not sure why anyone is hesitant about making this move. He has two more years after this year left on his contract. I'd bet dimes to donuts that if this club makes the playoffs, even if it's next year that he would stay. Good things are happening here and everyone in the league knows it. The Gaudreau signing has changed absolutely everything for this franchise. Other good/great players will latch onto that and I hope that Jarmo unapologetically takes these opportunities.
Its the price. If a potential deal includes Jiricek/Mateychuk/Ceulemans I say walk away.

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
Its the price. If a potential deal includes Jiricek/Mateychuk/Ceulemans I say walk away

If ARI wanted more than one of these prospects, I agree with you, walk away. I wouldn't be too miffed if Jarmo traded the one they consider the third best of the three you listed, I don't think it would hurt that much in the long. I'm sure there's been a lot of cost/benefit done by the front office. If they think Chychrun will get them to where they want to go faster than waiting on all three of these guys, I could totally see a deal done. Guess we'll see if there is anything to this.

Could've also been Ryan McDonagh
Porty said it was after the Gaudreau signing that this player's representation circled back.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad