Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio

Do you think it might have something to do with that Johnny G was playing in flames pants all summer? Just a a thought 💭

1663275678967.png

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
No way these don’t completely leak out in a week
Some sort of already have. Not sure if it was legit or not but I saw an image (supposedly from an Adidas t shirt design) that looked like the CBJ logo with a black background hinting at a reverse color scheme of our original 3rd jersey.

Reactions: CBJx614

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Super interesting to hear Lars saying nobody's talking about Mathieu Olivier. Nobody's talking about him because we all think he's gonna be in the AHL (at most he's been the 13th forward in the line combos thread I think). Gonna be a very interesting preseason!

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Super interesting to hear Lars saying nobody's talking about Mathieu Olivier. Nobody's talking about him because we all think he's gonna be in the AHL (at most he's been the 13th forward in the line combos thread I think). Gonna be a very interesting preseason!
Aka he checks hard and tries hard but isn’t good at hockey. The dude sucks no offense. Management wanted a fighter.

MAHJ71

Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Item No. 3: A difficult goodbye

The Blue Jackets dressing room is going to be different from now on — for more reasons than the major renovation project this summer.

Head equipment manager Tim Leroy, who had been with the franchise since its inception as an expansion franchise in 2000, was fired by the Blue Jackets earlier this month. Kekalainen would not say why Leroy was fired, and Leroy did not return messages seeking comment.

Blue Jackets players and coaches all seemed to have a tight bond with Leroy through the years. Three seasons ago, when he stepped away from the club briefly to mourn his brother’s death, he was awarded the post-game “kepi” hat by players after his return.

Leroy has worked in hockey since 1987 when he was hired by Kalamazoo Wings of the old International Hockey League. He also spent six years (1994-2000) as equipment manager of the Florida Panthers before joining Columbus.

The Blue Jackets have promoted Leroy’s longtime assistant, Jamie Healy, as equipment manager.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
The official announcement on the staff changes: Official NHL site (or 1st Ohio for a nicer list).

All I know is that Trevor Timmins was/is bashed pretty openly by Montreal fans for bad/wrong draft picks, so I hope they're either wrong or the FO can avoid similar mistakes (and I would imagine there's good scouting prowess internally already, so hopefully this will be fine).

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
The official announcement on the staff changes: Official NHL site (or 1st Ohio for a nicer list).

All I know is that Trevor Timmins was/is bashed pretty openly by Montreal fans for bad/wrong draft picks, so I hope they're either wrong or the FO can avoid similar mistakes (and I would imagine there's good scouting prowess internally already, so hopefully this will be fine).
My optimistic point of view is that from outside it's hard to know where the mistakes leading to the bad picks were actually made. Could be a case where scouts gave him bad info, or someone overruled him.

... Or then he just actually sucks and his it has leaked to Habs forums from frustrated scouts and ex-scouts

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

My optimistic point of view is that from outside it's hard to know where the mistakes leading to the bad picks were actually made. Could be a case where scouts gave him bad info, or someone overruled him.

... Or then he just actually sucks and his it has leaked to Habs forums from frustrated scouts and ex-scouts

Habs fans gloated for years about how good Timmins was until it became increasingly obvious that their drafting record sucked. Some of that we know was Bergevin but some was Timmins. The fan frustration comes from the bad draft record, no inside sources that I know of. There were some sources close to Timmins like Grant McCagg but they remained positive. Come to think of it, this might mean that McCagg starts tweeting more about our drafting.

In any case, Jarmo and Timmins go all the way back to Ottawa together and Timmins stayed in Ottawa for a long time and built up a very good reputation there. Ideally when you hire someone like this you know where their strengths and weaknesses are and you can lean on the strengths. I'm sure Jarmo knows that Montreal's drafting has sucked.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The head scout is still Siren. Who runs everything by Jarmo. Timmins, even if he sucks, is just another voice in the room. The final call still rests with siren (and jarmo)
Bingo. Thats exactly why im not too concerned about it. Probably knows how all the boring stuff works but the important pieces are already in place

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
What is up with no article today by porty?

I hate to say this out loud and create this thought… but kind of feels like a “the athletic ain’t paying for preseason articles”

Anyone else worried cutbacks are going to hit porty? We use to have 3 people which is crazy when you look at the recent changes and markets without beat writers

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What is up with no article today by porty?

I hate to say this out loud and create this thought… but kind of feels like a “the athletic ain’t paying for preseason articles”

Anyone else worried cutbacks are going to hit porty? We use to have 3 people which is crazy when you look at the recent changes and markets without beat writers

He dropped Sunday gathering yesterday, so everything seems fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad