Inside the Habs draft - premieres August 22, 7:00 p.m. on YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It should be noted that the Demidov + X, might have different X at different point in the video, since Gorton talked about making a list of ~7 players that could be available at 5th.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It was there would have been more description to Lindstrom's play than highlighting the shot as the ace in the hole.
"He just gets it" is Iginla in a nutshell.

And clearly they weren't the only team that had Iginla that high since he went the pick after to Utah.

Reactions: bopeep and Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I didn't get much from this year's video. I'll have watch it again.

One thing that stuck out though was how quickly and matter of factly Demidov answered "yeah" with a smile when he was asked if the Habs would be crazy not to take him if he was available when they pick and if he'd be a star.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
And clearly they weren't the only team that had Iginla that high since he went the pick after to Utah.
He was actually a GREAT pick for Utah. They practically ran up there.
If you think about the players around him he definitely had the highest marketing value.
We didn't need the marketing value we needed superstar potential.
I had IGGY all the way through but only because I never thought we'd get Ivan or Cayden.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Of course, now it isn't at the level you're describing but give this team a few years and it will be there. I really do believe in this team, the prospects and the management. We have what it takes.

We're certainly on the right path and have alot of quality coming up through the ranks, the character and culture is off the charts as well, but it's hard to win a Stanley Cup, there's no guarantees of that ultimate success.

While that's what we all want (a cup) I'm just going to be excited and stoked that what we're building is a perrenial contender, that not only can compete for the cup every year, but be damn entertaining in the process.

It's been far too long for this storied franchise and starving fanbase to go without this brand of hockey.

So much to look forward to!!

Must watch TV.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wow really.

Obviously we mean the war room talk. Like last year with the guy calling every 4th round pick in advance ?

They have to talk about every possibility in the war room, and then they edit it to tailor it towards what actually happened.

Why would they resort to filming this afterwards? They congregate all this staff together again just so that they can release a draft video on YouTube?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kind of boring honestly. I wish they showed other interviews of players we didn’t take.

If I were running the team, I probably wouldn't even release a video. You hope your editors catch all the non controversial stuff before the video is released, or it can lead to unnecessary headaches that could potentially haunt them for years.

That's the tradeoff here. It is less intriguing when we don't hear about what they think of other players that they could have taken, but shining light on the players they did take is still better than nothing from a fan standpoint.

I kept my expectations of this peice tempered despite the extraordinary hoopla in this thread.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad