Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Love the logic of not putting him on the PP and then making him one of your go to players once you're down 2-0.
michel-therrien-therrien.pngl

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There are certain stages where development happens at quicker intervals - not actually playing hockey and getting repetitions in game situations is still a negative drain on that fertile period.

It's not going to break him because he's special but it's not ideal either and can either delay him reaching his potential or shave off part of his ceiling.
I don't even believe this for average prospects, never mind those who are as good as Demidov.

If he’s special, this wont affect him at all.

Habs fans mental state though, now that's another matter.

So much insecurity in this fanbase (not referring to you specifically).

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't even believe this for average prospects, never mind those who are as good as Demidov.

If he’s special, this wont affect him at all.

Habs fans mental state though, now that's another matter.

So much insecurity in this fanbase (not referring to you specifically).

He's special but this isn't optimal and obviously with a player this important, we want optimal.

I'd rather not have the Russian Therrien using him but it is what it is, I would anticipate the longer this goes the more urgency Montreal might want to push for a change of scenery.

I'm hoping this bizarre usage doesn't last further than September. Even in limited minutes and weak linemates, he's managed to make some big skill plays out there in every game.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
If the lack of ice time continues for the next few games, the habs should pressure ska to trade Demidov to Sochi
How on earth are the Habs going to ''pressure'' a Russia team lol? Drafting Demidov come with small risk. The biggest one is having 0 control in his last year of his contract.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's special but this isn't optimal and obviously with a player this important, we want optimal.

I'd rather not have the Russian Therrien using him but it is what it is, I would anticipate the longer this goes the more urgency Montreal might want to push for a change of scenery.

I'm hoping this bizarre usage doesn't last further than September. Even in limited minutes and weak linemates, he's managed to make some big skill plays out there in every game.
That's what matters…the output doesn't change that.

In limited TOI and not the best talent surrounding him he's probably not going to produce the kind of numbers to reassure fans but really the most important thing is he stays healthy and he's available when his KHL season ends.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Gritsyuk and Nikishin are 23 and 22 years old, they either extended years ago or signed longer contracts out of the gate.

Exactly. Rotenberg strongly prefers vets. That's why Gritsyuk/Nikishin are playing and Demidov isn't as much despite all saying they won't extend.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
So funny. Rotenberg is getting torn apart in Russian media/social media. But at the post game press conference he said all bad comments are generated from overseas and to not read comments on foreign websites.

Words fail me. lolol
Fake news strike again

Reactions: Zine

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
So funny. Rotenberg is getting torn apart in Russian media/social media. But at the post game press conference he said all bad comments are generated from overseas and to not read comments on foreign websites.

Words fail me. lolol
It's fair that "overseas" really have Demidov's and not SKA's best interest at heart. But his offence has been either unlucky or very flat. Why not use Demidov to shake things up?

Reactions: ReHabs

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal

Words fail me. lolol
"Comments on foreign websites" - I'm going to guess that's mostly the habs fanbase following SKA this year because of Demidov. Rotenberg must sure be used to the compliant and docile russian criticism. Is habs nation going to turn this into an international incident? Are we THEIR foreign bot army? What a world we live in.

If you trust the Habs' judgement so far, just continue to trust it for a bit longer.

I'm absolutely sure, without a shred of doubt, that the habs management are 4-5 steps ahead of us in term of Demidov development and the options that are open for him and when they should or can be triggered. They told us they met this summer with SKA, but that's only to signal they were on point.

Reactions: Walksss

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
To be perfectly honest with myself, I want to see him more because I just like being entertained. Maybe I also think he deserves to play more. But it's mostly that I love watching him play. .

Regarding the development issue, It's not ideal if a prospect doesn't play 10 minutes. But he's not an ordinary prospect and I don't believe his development can be messed up. He's just too good and driven. Can It delay his development? I'm not even sure. Wherever he plays and how he's played won't make much of a difference.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
It's fair that "overseas" really have Demidov's and not SKA's best interest at heart. But his offence has been either unlucky or very flat. Why not use Demidov to shake things up?

"Comments on foreign websites" - I'm going to guess that's mostly the habs fanbase following SKA this year because of Demidov. Rotenberg must sure be used to the compliant and docile russian criticism. Is habs nation going to turn this into an international incident? Are we THEIR foreign bot army? What a world we live in.

For Habs fans Demidov is the center of the KHL, but most Rotenberg criticism really hasn't been about Demidov. Not many people are on twitter, or reddit, let alone or foreign hockey sites. Russia has its own social media.
Critisim is primarily aimed at Kuznetsov and how laughably disjoined SKA is.

I mean SKA looks BAD. The 'foreign press' is just another excuse RoRo is throwing around. Add it to the litany of others over the years. Injuries, extended travel, bad ice, etc. etc.

Last edited:

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
For Habs fans Demidov is the center of the KHL, but most Rotenberg criticism really hasn't been about Demidov. Not many people are on twitter, or reddit, let alone or foreign hockey sites.

I mean SKA looks BAD. The 'foreign press' is just another excuse RoRo is throwing around. Add it to the litany of others over the years. Injuries, extended travel, bad ice, etc. etc.
What do they say about Kuznetsov? Are they also surprised at how off his game is?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
To be perfectly honest with myself, I want to see him more because I just like being entertained. Maybe I also think he deserves to play more. But it's mostly that I love watching him play. .

Regarding the development issue, It's not ideal if a prospect doesn't play 10 minutes. But he's not an ordinary prospect and I don't believe his development can be messed up. He's just too good and driven. Can It delay his development? I'm not even sure. Wherever he plays and how he's played won't make much of a difference.

Keep in mind, even if he's not playing many minutes...he's still practicing daily against ex-NHLers. Despite Rotenberg's lunacy, SKA still has really super facilities and great development staff.

I mean if he was born in Quebec he'd probably be in the Q playing against future truck drivers and accountants; I don't think he's quite NHL ready yet.

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
For Habs fans Demidov is the center of the KHL, but most Rotenberg criticism really hasn't been about Demidov. Not many people are on twitter, or reddit, let alone or foreign hockey sites. Russia has its own social media.

He sounds so delusional… listening to him talk is infuriating

Reactions: Zine and dinodebino

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Exactly. Rotenberg strongly prefers vets. That's why Gritsyuk/Nikishin are playing and Demidov isn't as much despite all saying they won't extend.
Nikishin was already playing 22+ minutes per games when SKA acquired him a few years ago.
Gritsyuk started with Omsk and his TOI with SKA haven't increased from his Omsk days either.

Neither Nikishin or Gritsyuk were vets 3 years ago when they were playing similar TOI.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Nikishin was already playing 22+ minutes per games when SKA acquired him a few years ago.
Gritsyuk started with Omsk and his TOI with SKA haven't increased from his Omsk days either.

Neither Nikishin or Gritsyuk were vets 3 years ago when they were playing similar TOI.

Spartak and Avangard are insonsequential. Different teams, different situations, different rosters.

Relative to their SKA teammates who are signed-long term, Gritsyuk and Nikishin are receiving very quality ice time. This would not be the case if there was some innate anti-NHL conspiracy.

This isn't rocket science.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Spartak and Avangard are insonsequential. Different teams, different situations, different rosters.

Relative to their SKA teammates who are signed-long term, Gritsyuk and Nikishin are receiving very quality ice time. This would not be the case if there was some innate anti-NHL conspiracy.

This isn't rocket science.
This is why Habs fans get a bad rap sometimes. Their passion for the team crosses the line into nonsensical overreaction. Demidov will be perfectly fine regardless of what happens this season at SKA.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
What happening right now is perfect. It's advance load management by Kent Hughes. Demidov's priority right now is to get stronger. Low minutes in game, more time in the gym!

Also more time to follow Hutson at the rookie camp.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad